Windows 10: How Do I Stop Attachments Folder from Reappearing in OneDrive?

Discus and support How Do I Stop Attachments Folder from Reappearing in OneDrive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I stop the Attachments folder from reappearing in OneDrive? 123805 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Dec 20, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

How Do I Stop Attachments Folder from Reappearing in OneDrive?

How do I stop the Attachments folder from reappearing in OneDrive?

:)

yahanna, Dec 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Delete the Email attachments folder in OneDrive

In OneDrive, a folder recently appeared called "Email attachments":

How Do I Stop Attachments Folder from Reappearing in OneDrive? QOELx.png

I have no use of this folder so I would like to delete it, so I simply deleted it from the OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer, and it immediately synchronized that with OneDrive, deleting the folder in OneDrive also, just like it should. The problem is that a while later, the folder appeared again. So I deleted it again. And it appeared again. And so on.

I finally decided to search for a solution on Google, and I found out that the folder is created by Outlook and that it's created every time you send an email from Outlook. Except that I use Gmail, not Outlook, and my OneDrive account is connected to my Gmail account. Anyway, when searching, I found this where it says to change the settings in Outlook. I tried to do so, but I could not find the setting in question in Outlook (the person asking that couldn't either).

I can think of several workarounds, like hiding this folder by doing Properties and check Hidden, but I would like to delete it completely and permanently.

Is there any way to delete this folder without it reappearing?

Edit

Thanks to an answer that should have been posted as a comment and that got deleted, I noticed that this folder is created whenever I use the OneDrive app for iPhone. However, I can't find any setting in the app that disables this feature. Is there any way to keep this folder from reappearing?

Donald Duck, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Jorick23 Win User

Onedrive file reappears after being deleted

Every time I delete a file in my Onedrive folder, it reappears after a few seconds. How do I stop this from happening?

Jorick23, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

1. How Do I Stop Attachments Folder from Reappearing in OneDrive? - Similar Threads - Stop Attachments Folder

2. How do I stop onedrive from syncing my folders.. completely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop onedrive from syncing my folders.. completely.: I stopped Onedrive from syncing my files but once I downloaded a file and moved it into my pictures folder which I synced then it showed me the same icon saying sync pending and same goes for my other files and I am tired of this can someone just tell me how to stop Onedrive...
  3. How do I stop onedrive from syncing my folders.. completely.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop onedrive from syncing my folders.. completely.: I stopped Onedrive from syncing my files but once I downloaded a file and moved it into my pictures folder which I synced then it showed me the same icon saying sync pending and same goes for my other files and I am tired of this can someone just tell me how to stop Onedrive...
  4. Stop Documents Folder from Reappearing in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop Documents Folder from Reappearing in OneDrive: An issue that is driving me nuts: I do not want the Documents folder to appear in my OneDrive. I keep removing it and it keeps coming back. This issue started out of nowhere a few months ago, and I solved it by going to OneDrive settings>account>choose folders and from here I...
  5. Stop Documents Folder from Reappearing in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Documents Folder from Reappearing in OneDrive: An issue that is driving me nuts: I do not want the Documents folder to appear in my OneDrive. I keep removing it and it keeps coming back. This issue started out of nowhere a few months ago, and I solved it by going to OneDrive settings>account>choose folders and from here I...
  6. Stop Documents Folder from Reappearing in OneDrive

7. Documents folder keeps reappearing in OneDrive?

Documents folder keeps reappearing in OneDrive?: Hi,I don't need the Documents folder in OneDrive but when I delete it, it keeps reappearing at a later time in the day.Is there a way to stop this happening?Cheers...
  8. How do I stop individual folders uploading to Onedrive

How do I stop individual folders uploading to Onedrive: Online storage is only safe until it isn't. I have a couple of financial files I would prefer not to be on the Cloud and would like to delete them from Onedrive and stop them being uploaded in future. Can this be done, or is it an all or nothing system?...
  9. How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive?

How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive?: I play sims 4 and have downloaded quite a bit of extra content for it. Unfortunately, this has all saved to my onedrive, filling it up completely. Is there a way of stopping just this folder from syncing, and leaving the rest of my documents to sync? I have researched this...
  10. OneDrive: how to stop OneDrive from synching folders?

OneDrive: how to stop OneDrive from synching folders?: I knowI can "choose folders" when I right click in settings but this option only changes what I can see on my computer, not what is synched to the cloud. I have one computer for practicing my code and those files are what I want synched, not photos, downloads, music, etc....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. attachments folder in onedrive

2. onedrive attachments folder reappearing

3. delete attachments folder from onedrive

4. how to delete attachments folder in onedrive,
  5. how to prevent ondrive creating documents email attachments,
  6. one drive documents folder keeps reappearing,
  7. how do I delete attachments in an email in Windows 10 OneDrive,
  8. deleted items are reappearing in onedrive,
  9. onedrive attachments folder,
  10. how to stop sending email attachments to onedrive,
  11. What is attachments in OneDrive,