Windows 10: how do i stop auto connections to wifi that is not mine?

Discus and support how do i stop auto connections to wifi that is not mine? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my wifi keeps auto connecting to all wiffi not mine? hoe can I stop it I click dis connect but when I check again it has reconnected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Johncranfield, Jan 17, 2020.

1. how do i stop auto connections to wifi that is not mine?

my wifi keeps auto connecting to all wiffi not mine? hoe can I stop it I click dis connect but when I check again it has reconnected

:)

Johncranfield, Jan 17, 2020
  2. darkf0xx Win User

Wifi Auto Connect

I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I click the wifi drop down list then it will reconnect, I was wondering if anyone knows an application that tries to reconnect to a specific wifi more aggressively than windows 10 it gets annoying because if I need to use the pc I cant just look across the room to see if my modem is back, I have to go and check the wifi then it connects.

darkf0xx, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Cannot disable auto-connect on Wifi

I did try the other options including the command line. Only the wifi network that I was actively connected to showed up in the command line. The other ones, the ones that don't let me uncheck "auto" in the taskbar, they did not show up in the command line. How can I get the networks in the picture to show up in the command prompt? What steps would I use to disable the auto-connect from there?

sevensixtwo, Jan 17, 2020
  4. how do i stop auto connections to wifi that is not mine?

WiFi Sense stopped auto accepting

Hello

I have a Nokia Lumia 920 with the latest developer update, version 8.10.12393.890. My WiFi Sense has stopped auto accepting open WiFi networks that I have previous accepted the terms of use for. I have confirmed that WiFi Sense is turned on and that the
    option to "Accept terms of use for me when required" is checked. I have also verified that the networks in question are listed under WiFi Sense --> Manage and that "Connect automatically" is checked for the network. Is anyone else experiencing this issu?

Thanks

Patrick

Patrick Hampton, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

how do i stop auto connections to wifi that is not mine?

1. how do i stop auto connections to wifi that is not mine? - Similar Threads - stop auto connections

2. how to default to NOT auto-connect wifi channels?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to default to NOT auto-connect wifi channels?: WIFI scans for channels and sets "connect automatically" by default. I want the Default to be "NOT connect automatically"That is what I want, note, not necessarily what you think I should want. PleaseI want to choose the one channel I want to connect to.I want other channels...
  3. how to default to NOT auto-connect wifi channels?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to default to NOT auto-connect wifi channels?: WIFI scans for channels and sets "connect automatically" by default. I want the Default to be "NOT connect automatically"That is what I want, note, not necessarily what you think I should want. PleaseI want to choose the one channel I want to connect to.I want other channels...
  4. how to default to NOT auto-connect wifi channels?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How Do I Disable WIFI Auto Connect?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Do I Disable WIFI Auto Connect?: [ATTACH] Connect automatically is not selected, but Windows still connects to the WIFI on startup. How do I disable the WIFI auto connect when its not selected?...
  6. How do I stop auto save to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop auto save to OneDrive?: I need these files to be on my computer as opposed to one drive, but it seems to automatically save it to one drive and I can't do anything about it. There must be a way to turn this off but I don't know how to do it. Any ideas? submitted by /u/fruitbowl99 [link]...
  7. Wifi Not Auto-Connecting During PC Startup? This Fixed Mine.

Wifi Not Auto-Connecting During PC Startup? This Fixed Mine.: If anyone is finding that since the big end of April update, their PC no longer auto connects to their home router via Wi-Fi, I came across this simple "fix" at another help website. Simply go to Power Options, click on "Choose what the power buttons do", and uncheck/disable...
  8. Wifi doesn't auto connect

Wifi doesn't auto connect: Hi all, Been the case for a number of months now - wifi doesn't auto connect after turning laptop on. Always have to manually connect. Any fix for this? Many thanks. 101853
  9. How to auto connect to multiple wifi networks?

How to auto connect to multiple wifi networks?: Hi all. Can you help me configure my Win10 to automatically connect to multiple wifi networks? I have wifi at home so when I get to the office I have to configure the "manage wifi settings" on my laptop, click "forget" my home wifi, and manually enter the office wifi...
  10. Wifi Auto Connect

Wifi Auto Connect: I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I...