Windows 10: How do I stop auto save to OneDrive?

Discus and support How do I stop auto save to OneDrive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need these files to be on my computer as opposed to one drive, but it seems to automatically save it to one drive and I can't do anything about it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fruitbowl99, Apr 21, 2020.

1. How do I stop auto save to OneDrive?

I need these files to be on my computer as opposed to one drive, but it seems to automatically save it to one drive and I can't do anything about it. There must be a way to turn this off but I don't know how to do it. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/fruitbowl99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fruitbowl99, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

excel not auto recovering and manually saving

Hi,

The concern you have encountered with Excel not auto saving may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

May we ask if you have 3rd party software running when using Excel? If yes, we suggest to temporarily disable it to isolate the issue.

Any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps and did you get any error messages?

You can turn-on the auto save option by the following steps:

• Open Excel
    • Go to File then Options
    • Under Save option, check the 'Save AutoRecovery information in every' option
    the best way to check when auto save is disabled is to hover over the toggle and read the reason that the popup tool tip identifies. Simply follow the steps provided in this

article

According to this
    article
    the autosave function will be disabled when the file is in the old file format .xls.

Kindly keep us posted with the results.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 21, 2020
  4. How do I stop auto save to OneDrive?

Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop auto save to OneDrive?

1. How do I stop auto save to OneDrive? - Similar Threads - stop auto save

2. How to stop games saving to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop games saving to OneDrive?: All my games are saving to my OneDrive documents folder. How do I stop this? I want my actual documents such as PDF and Word to be synced with OneDrive, but not my games, which should only be saved locally and don't belong in the documents folder at any rate....
  3. How to stop games saving to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop games saving to OneDrive?: All my games are saving to my OneDrive documents folder. How do I stop this? I want my actual documents such as PDF and Word to be synced with OneDrive, but not my games, which should only be saved locally and don't belong in the documents folder at any rate....
  4. How to stop games saving to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I stop OneDrive Auto Backup, when I don't have OneDrive Installed on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop OneDrive Auto Backup, when I don't have OneDrive Installed on my computer: I recently updated my computer to Windows 11. Ever since then I get messages telling my storage is low. The majority of what is taking up my computer space is an OneDrive Auto Backup folder. I do not OneDrive installed on my computer, and I do not want an Auto Backup to be...
  6. How do I fix Auto Save in Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix Auto Save in Word: I cannot save my work in a Word document. Autosave will not turn on. I have tried to save it in the file so I can continue my work, and auto-save still will not save the work I have done for class need help ASAP!!!...
  7. How do I fix Auto Save in Word

How do I fix Auto Save in Word: I cannot save my work in a Word document. Autosave will not turn on. I have tried to save it in the file so I can continue my work, and auto-save still will not save the work I have done for class need help ASAP!!!...
  8. how do I save locally and not with onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I save locally and not with onedrive?: I have uninstalled OneDrive and it still continues to save everything in OneDrive. I deleted a OneDrive file thinking that would help and lost my desktop. unfortunately, I had to permanently delete that so I'm assuming that's gone for good....
  9. how do I save locally and not with onedrive?

how do I save locally and not with onedrive?: I have uninstalled OneDrive and it still continues to save everything in OneDrive. I deleted a OneDrive file thinking that would help and lost my desktop. unfortunately, I had to permanently delete that so I'm assuming that's gone for good....
  10. how do I save locally and not with onedrive?

in Windows 10 Customization