Windows 10: How do I stop automatic scans with Windows Defender?

Discus and support How do I stop automatic scans with Windows Defender? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I really dislike how the ''quick scan'' feature happens randomly and especially when I'm gaming. It takes up to 15-20% CPU usage and its enough to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jaylay99, Jan 4, 2021.

1. How do I stop automatic scans with Windows Defender?

I really dislike how the ''quick scan'' feature happens randomly and especially when I'm gaming. It takes up to 15-20% CPU usage and its enough to make me freeze/stutter in CPU intensive games until the scan is done.

I don't mind scans when I'm away from the computer which I wish it's possible, but I really dont want quick scans when I'm currently using my computer, is there any way to do that?

Update : I think I have found the solution, here for those who also want this to be done :

1. open Task Scheduler
    2. go to Microsoft\Windows\Windows Defender
    3. right click -> properties on every single option there ''cache, cleanup, scan, verification''
    4. Conditions tab then check ''Start the task only if your computer is idle for :''
    submitted by /u/Jaylay99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jaylay99, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

How do I stop automatic scans with Windows Defender?

1. How do I stop automatic scans with Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - stop automatic scans

2. windows defender quick scans stopped.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender quick scans stopped.: It won't do schedule daily scan as before or shows in notifications that it's done with no threats found but it doesn't appear on windows defender.when I force quick scan or do full scan I get weird number of files count increasing so fast in a very strange manner at the very...
  3. Windows Defender won't scan automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender won't scan automatically: I just ditched Norton 360, opting to use just Windows Security. I thought that Windows would automatically scan my computer at various times without me doing a thing. Instead, I can go over 24 hours, and find that Windows has not done any scans at all. I have to manually go...
  4. Automatic Scan in Windows Defender

Automatic Scan in Windows Defender: Can Windows Defender be set to automatically scan at desired intervals?[Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/automatic-scan-in-windows-defender/f55df008-d13a-4d73-98ea-0b5ae3857f37
  5. How do I stop windows defender periodic scan?

How do I stop windows defender periodic scan?: [ATTACH] I can't see any option in windows security app too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-windows-defender-periodic-scan/9ceb8982-f954-4e3c-9473-cf78d89709b6
  6. Windows Defender Stops Scanning

Windows Defender Stops Scanning: When I start a virus scan using Windows 10 Defender it stops scanning after just a few minutes on full scan and says " threat protection has stopped with an option to restart it. After clicking the restart button, Defender doesn't restart. Help would be appreciated....
  7. How do I run a Windows Defender scan?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I run a Windows Defender scan?: I have followed every article and I keep reaching dead ends. I am not able to run any files except for a few pre installed apps. I can still play music and watch videos. When I go into Windows Security and go into "Virus and Threat Protection" there are no settings /...
  8. How do I schedule a scan in Window Defender

How do I schedule a scan in Window Defender: I can't find how to schedule a scan in Windows Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-schedule-a-scan-in-window-defender/3b08d31c-7e16-482a-8443-9dff25f77305
  9. defender automatic update and scan

defender automatic update and scan: first let me say I am on a metered network....so my automatic update of windows 10 operating system is switched off...only operates on my command altho the defender update says it is automatic.i have to prompt every time....is this because of my "switched off " status.......
  10. how to cancel windows defender automatic scans?

how to cancel windows defender automatic scans?: Is there a way to have real-time protection of WD, but without the automatic scans? 52486