Windows 10: How do I stop automatically delivered driver updates?

Discus and support How do I stop automatically delivered driver updates? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since I need Vulkan support in a game I'm trying to run, and the OEM CPU driver for my laptop makes it impossible to use it, I've removed it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dead44ron, Oct 23, 2020.

1. How do I stop automatically delivered driver updates?

Since I need Vulkan support in a game I'm trying to run, and the OEM CPU driver for my laptop makes it impossible to use it, I've removed it and installed the newest drivers for my CPU from the AMD website, which work wonderfully.
    Now here comes the problem. After this proccess, Windows update wants to install something on top of my new drivers

After these two get installed, my laptop goes completely nuts, the ventillators sound like a jet engine on idle usage. So I've repeated the whole proccess and am now trying to prevent Windows from forcing this update. I've turned off driver updates for DESKTOP In Control Panel Devices &Printers,

and Device Installation settings in advanced system settings.

And yet, the same two drivers are still there, trying to download as soon as I'm pressing the update button.

I'm kind of lost as of what I'm supposed to do at this point.
    Any help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/dead44ron
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dead44ron, Oct 23, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 23, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile How do I stop automatically delivered driver updates? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Oct 23, 2020
  4. wolf2009 Win User

How do I stop automatically delivered driver updates?

Stop windows automatic driver install

I'm having a problem with installing a nvidia card. windows 7 automatically installs some wdm 1.1 drivers, then when i install the 195.39 drivers, it gives me less performance. like the cards lags in games when it should run fine.

how can i stop windows from installing the drivers automatically ?

i tried checking the "don't install drivers from windows update" in device manager. it still installs it.

wolf2009, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop automatically delivered driver updates?

1. How do I stop automatically delivered driver updates? - Similar Threads - stop automatically delivered

2. How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers: Hello,System information:HP Envy 15m-dr1012dx, with user upgrade to 24 gb of ramWindows 10 22H2 with the most recent April patch.Bitlocker is turned on.specs:10510u with integrated graphics, touch screen, 1080p 60hz, 512 GB of storage with 32 GB of optane, and 24 GB ddr4 @...
  3. How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers: Hello,System information:HP Envy 15m-dr1012dx, with user upgrade to 24 gb of ramWindows 10 22H2 with the most recent April patch.Bitlocker is turned on.specs:10510u with integrated graphics, touch screen, 1080p 60hz, 512 GB of storage with 32 GB of optane, and 24 GB ddr4 @...
  4. How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do i stop the automatic updates of edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop the automatic updates of edge: Listen up Microsoft. " I DONT WANT EDGE ON MY COMPUTER" I am so pissed off with EDGE continually updating on my computer. I DONT WANT IT. Every week it automatically updates on my computer and makes itself the default browser. When i revert back to my Google Chrome I loose...
  6. How do i stop the automatic updates of edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop the automatic updates of edge: Listen up Microsoft. " I DONT WANT EDGE ON MY COMPUTER" I am so pissed off with EDGE continually updating on my computer. I DONT WANT IT. Every week it automatically updates on my computer and makes itself the default browser. When i revert back to my Google Chrome I loose...
  7. How do i stop the automatic updates of edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How do I stop my touchpad driver from updating automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop my touchpad driver from updating automatically?: The latest driver seems to disable double-finger scrolling on my laptop and I have successfully re-installed the older version in the past only for the newer version to overwrite the older and cause the scrolling problem all over again. Can't find any option on the search...
  9. How do I stop automatic updates - Microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I stop automatic updates - Microsoft 10: These automatic updates are ridiculous, especially since it automatically restarts my computer when I have work running on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-stop-automatic-updates-microsoft-10/a95f5d0f-77f2-4dab-b26a-09b8daebf512
  10. How do I stop automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I stop automatic updates?: Hi everyone, I hate Windows 10 because it updates without my consent and slows my computer down a lot. I'd like to be notified that new updates are available and give my OK to download and install them. Can anyone help me please? 10707