Windows 10: how do i stop bing from hoging the opening window

Discus and support how do i stop bing from hoging the opening window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do i stop bing from hogging the opening windowon edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BeachBill Jax, Sep 8, 2019.

1. how do i stop bing from hoging the opening window

how do i stop bing from hogging the opening windowon edge

:)

BeachBill Jax, Sep 8, 2019

2. how to remove bing

Hi NCA666,

My name is Roger W, an independent advisor trying to help. Let's try with the following suggestions, please:

Step 1:

Steps for removing Bing from search bar:

1. In Search type “Cortana & Search Settings” and hit enter.

2. You will have to find “Search online and include web results” feature and toggle the switch to disable it.

Note: Set the switch to “Off” state.

3. Reboot the Windows 10 device and your Bing search bar should be disabled.

Step 2:

Steps for removing Bing from the Browser.

Open Internet Explorer and click on the Gear icon.

Click on the ‘Manage add-ons’ option.

Click on ‘Search Providers’ which is on left pane.

Right click on ‘Bing’ where is listed under the ‘Name:’ column.

Click on ‘Remove’ from the drop-down menu.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

RogerWaltes98, Sep 8, 2019
  3. bing

Here is the way Bing bar is removed from IE:

Remove Bing Bar toolbar from Internet Explorer
    To remove Bing Bar toolbar from IE browser, perform these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer by clicking its icon on the desktop or the taskbar
    • Click Tools, located on the right-hand side, and then click Manage Add-ons
    • Browse through the options in the right pane to locate Bing Bar
    • Select Bing Bar by clicking it, and then click the Disable button at the bottom of the window
    • Select the box before Bing Bar BHO under the heading Bing Bar in the Disable Add-on window
    • Click the Disable button

Jmarco0921, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

how do i stop bing from hoging the opening window

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

how do i stop bing from hoging the opening window

1. how do i stop bing from hoging the opening window - Similar Threads - stop bing hoging

2. How do I disable Bing from Opening on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Bing from Opening on Startup: I want to stop Bing from opening when I start up my computer. Below are all the things I have tried:If you have any Bing application installed on the computer, you can do it from the Task Manager. Refer the steps mentioned below: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task...
  3. How do I disable Bing from Opening on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Bing from Opening on Startup: I want to stop Bing from opening when I start up my computer. Below are all the things I have tried:If you have any Bing application installed on the computer, you can do it from the Task Manager. Refer the steps mentioned below: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task...
  4. How do I disable Bing from Opening on Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to stop taskbar Search from opening a Bing window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop taskbar Search from opening a Bing window: How do I stop the taskbar search from opening a Bing window? I don't need that to happen for things like "settings", "apps", etc. on my computer. It wasn't doing this yesterday, just started today. Some recent configuration change, new app with an extension, or ? Chrome is my...
  6. How to stop taskbar Search from opening a Bing window

How to stop taskbar Search from opening a Bing window: How do I stop the taskbar search from opening a Bing window? I don't need that to happen for things like "settings", "apps", etc. on my computer. It wasn't doing this yesterday, just started today. Some recent configuration change, new app with an extension, or ? Chrome is my...
  7. How Do I Stop Windows From Opening The Taskbar?

How Do I Stop Windows From Opening The Taskbar?: How Do I Stop Windows / Programs From Opening The Taskbar?My taskbar is set to auto hide, but if a program opens, the taskbar will pop up. I would like to disable this behavior anyway possible natively or by removing core services, I don't care.Added a picture to show how it...
  8. How Do I Stop Windows From Opening The Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Stop Windows From Opening The Taskbar?: How Do I Stop Windows / Programs From Opening The Taskbar?My taskbar is set to auto hide, but if a program opens, the taskbar will pop up. I would like to disable this behavior anyway possible natively or by removing core services, I don't care.Added a picture to show how it...
  9. How do I stop Bing from appearing when I open a new tab in Edge?

in Cortana
    How do I stop Bing from appearing when I open a new tab in Edge?: I prefer to use Google as the search provider, but Win 10 v1809 or 1903 will not allow me to remove Bing as the search provider. When I open a new tab in Edge, I prefer to see the Google site. Thanks Mike Gromowski...
  10. How do I stop Bing from automatically starting itself in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I stop Bing from automatically starting itself in Windows 10: How do I stop Bing from automatically starting itself in Windows 10? Thanks in advance. 136364

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft.comhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-bing-from-my-computer-windows-10/d4e30722-6d05-45a8-9e94-8e9b6e78225d