Windows 10: How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive?

Discus and support How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I play sims 4 and have downloaded quite a bit of extra content for it. Unfortunately, this has all saved to my onedrive, filling it up completely. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mollyi62, May 14, 2020.

1. mollyi62 Win User

How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive?

I play sims 4 and have downloaded quite a bit of extra content for it. Unfortunately, this has all saved to my onedrive, filling it up completely. Is there a way of stopping just this folder from syncing, and leaving the rest of my documents to sync?

I have researched this so much but all of the directions say to move the Sims folder to my desktop / somewhere local. The problem is that I can't seem to find anywhere actually local. Whenever I create/delete folders on what I think is my local documents file, it automatically connects them to onedrive and deleting them from onedrive deletes them from local.

This is quite frustrating and I would really appreciate a solution that isn't just "move sims to your local folder".

:)

mollyi62, May 14, 2020

2. Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive?

Thank you, Diego! But what you suggest is about syncing OneDrive folders with PC. I mean the Folder Protection feature which lets to sync folders on PC to OneDrive.

Murad Ahmadzada, May 14, 2020
  3. Is it possible for OneDrive to not sync a certain desktop folder?

Hey guys,

I am loving the OneDrive feature and my subscription that allows me to backup all my data on my username without worrying to lose data whenever I format my hard drive. But I seem to be having one problem with this OneDrive feature and it's that I do not
    know how to stop it from syncing a certain desktop folder to OneDrive. It's a folder containing dash cam videos that I need to sort out before uploading the ones I want to OneDrive.

I'm currently subscribed to Office 365 Personal, if that helps at all.

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply.

Jan_Dacion, May 14, 2020
  4. How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive?

Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive?

Hello!

There is Folder Protection feature in OneDrive, but the only locations which it can sync are Desktop, Documents and Pictures. Can I select other folders to be protected by this feature? Maybe a certain folder which is located in Documents.

Murad Ahmadzada, May 14, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive?

1. How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive? - Similar Threads - stop certain folders

2. How do I stop onedrive from syncing my folders.. completely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop onedrive from syncing my folders.. completely.: I stopped Onedrive from syncing my files but once I downloaded a file and moved it into my pictures folder which I synced then it showed me the same icon saying sync pending and same goes for my other files and I am tired of this can someone just tell me how to stop Onedrive...
  3. How do I stop onedrive from syncing my folders.. completely.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop onedrive from syncing my folders.. completely.: I stopped Onedrive from syncing my files but once I downloaded a file and moved it into my pictures folder which I synced then it showed me the same icon saying sync pending and same goes for my other files and I am tired of this can someone just tell me how to stop Onedrive...
  4. Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders: I go through this everytime I have to rebuild my PC with this worthless sytem. It defaults to backing up everything in my life. I try to stop it from backing up MY GAMES folder inside my documents but it syas I have to wait until it finishes backing up the files before I can...
  5. Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders

Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders: I go through this everytime I have to rebuild my PC with this worthless sytem. It defaults to backing up everything in my life. I try to stop it from backing up MY GAMES folder inside my documents but it syas I have to wait until it finishes backing up the files before I can...
  6. How to stop onedrive from syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop onedrive from syncing: Hi,I accidentally enabled onedrive and it starting syncing 300+GB of photos to the cloud. I do not want this and I do not need this since I have another backup process in place. It also starting syncing documents which I do not want in the cloud due to security reasons.When...
  7. How to stop onedrive from syncing

How to stop onedrive from syncing: Hi,I accidentally enabled onedrive and it starting syncing 300+GB of photos to the cloud. I do not want this and I do not need this since I have another backup process in place. It also starting syncing documents which I do not want in the cloud due to security reasons.When...
  8. HOW DO I STOP ONEDRIVE FROM SYNCING MY PICTURES

HOW DO I STOP ONEDRIVE FROM SYNCING MY PICTURES: I have been fighting with this for over an hour after having to re-install windows again after windows screwed up my logon and locked me out of my computer.Now i have this to deal with all over again.Before I did not have Pictures linked to one drive but now it is and I can't...
  9. How to stop certain folders or file types stop syncing to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop certain folders or file types stop syncing to OneDrive?: I recently downloaded 3 movies which are 4 GB in total. I have also been backing up other things from my computer, so I have 0.1 GB left in OneDrive. I want to know if there is a way to not back up the movies to OneDrive, but still keep them on my PC at all times. I don't...
  10. Stop OneDrive from Syncing the Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop OneDrive from Syncing the Documents folder: Hi, I recently bought a new PC. I set up OneDrive as I always do, except this time it's syncing the Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I don't want the documents or the desktop to be synced as I work with very big files as as well as Outlook .PST's not syncing whilst Outlook...