Windows 10: How do I stop chkdsk /f /r with a broken screen?

Discus and support How do I stop chkdsk /f /r with a broken screen? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I tried to run system restore and it failed. Was told to run chkdsk /r which i did. However, my laptop had a broken screen and i can’t see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chan Y M, May 7, 2019.

1. Chan Y M Win User

How do I stop chkdsk /f /r with a broken screen?

Hello,

I tried to run system restore and it failed. Was told to run chkdsk /r which i did. However, my laptop had a broken screen and i can’t see what was going on as the external monitor is totally blank. It had been a few hours and i would like to stop the chkdsk /f /r. What should i do?

:)

Chan Y M, May 7, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, May 7, 2019
  3. CHKDSK /F /R /X

Sorry to top should read:

<CHKDSK G: /F /R /X

Horst

Horst-Dammer, May 7, 2019
  4. How do I stop chkdsk /f /r with a broken screen?

failure chkdsk /f /r

Early this AM I attempted to update windows version 1607 to version 1703 using the windows update

Good news! The Windows 10 Creators Update is on its way. Want to be one of the first to get it?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4014184/windows-10-creators-update-here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The windows 1703 update failed.

It displayed error code: 0xc19001200

A google search indicated that may be related to an inadequate partition size?

I am a novice with diskpart and entered some commands to view the partition information.

When I was done I typed exit.

Then I typed chkdsk and it displayed errors.

Just a few days earlier I had placed the computer into clean boot.

sfc /scannow and dism restorehealth completed successfully.

chkdsk had displayed no errors.

A chkdsk /f /r scan was ran anyway.

I did not know how to check the log files for each of the chkdsk results in the event viewer.

How could that be done to to provide that information on this post?

After the windows update failure and assessing the diskpart information I again ran chkdsk and it displayed errors.

Chkdsk /f /r was run just now and after it completed it went to the desktop.

Administrative command prompt was opened and chkdsk was run. It is now displaying errors that were not fixed by chkdsk /f /r.

How do you troubleshoot this?

Also earlier this week I had been working with HP on another issue. They sent to me a file to run on my pc. It generated a cab and txt file that I then sent to them for analysis. They found no hardware problems.

The files are not backed up and I have other computers to use but the files are critical on this computer.

This computer had a clean install just a few weeks ago in a Microsoft store. There they had saved the files in a windows pe environment. They formatted the internal hard drive, reinstalled windows 10 version 1607, drivers, files and some applications.
    They also had checked the hardware.

These were the diskpart commands and chkdsk earlier in the day (before the chkdsk /f /r repair): diskpark one 4 6 2017 from computer with problems updating form windows 10 1607 to 1703.txt

This is a onedrive link to the chkdsk after the chkdsk /f /r and reboot to desktop: chkdsk after chkdsk f r repair displaying errors......post attempted windows 10 1607 to 1703 update on 4 6 2017 part 2.txt

What is happening?

How do you troubleshoot failure of chkdsk /f /r?

How do you upgrade from version 1607 to 1703 with the above error code?

questions_, May 7, 2019
Thema:

How do I stop chkdsk /f /r with a broken screen?

1. How do I stop chkdsk /f /r with a broken screen? - Similar Threads - stop chkdsk broken

2. CHKDSK /F & /R query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK /F & /R query: Hi everyone, I ran CHKDSK /F and then the CHKDSK /R on CMD which ran both times on system boot.These were both successful, there were no known errors and no FOUND.000 folder is available on the C drive. My question is does running these commands when there is nothing wrong...
  3. CHKDSK /F & /R query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK /F & /R query: Hi everyone, I ran CHKDSK /F and then the CHKDSK /R on CMD which ran both times on system boot.These were both successful, there were no known errors and no FOUND.000 folder is available on the C drive. My question is does running these commands when there is nothing wrong...
  4. chkdsk /f /r problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk /f /r problem: I run the chkdsk /f /r it checks the c: drive then it accidentally turn off when I turn it back on its a blue screen I try everything it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-f-r-problem/e8cb42cb-d44e-43da-8c8f-3e7004d7f444
  5. chkdsk /f /r problem

chkdsk /f /r problem: I run the chkdsk /f /r it checks the c: drive then it accidentally turn off when I turn it back on its a blue screen I try everything it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-f-r-problem/e8cb42cb-d44e-43da-8c8f-3e7004d7f444
  6. Chkdsk /f /r - Still at 11%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chkdsk /f /r - Still at 11%: I ran chkdsk /f /r on a Windows server, expecting it to complete within a few hours. However, it is still running over 80 hours later, with it still being at 11% at last check. I will give it several more days to attempt to complete, but if it does not, is it safe to perform...
  7. Chkdsk /f /r - Still at 11%

Chkdsk /f /r - Still at 11%: I ran chkdsk /f /r on a Windows server, expecting it to complete within a few hours. However, it is still running over 80 hours later, with it still being at 11% at last check. I will give it several more days to attempt to complete, but if it does not, is it safe to perform...
  8. Chkdsk /f /r - Still at 11%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. CHKDSK /f or /r not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK /f or /r not running: Hi peps. I need a little help here the chkdsk command /f and /r and also I tried /x but all I get Scanning and Repairing. Its working on my Desktop PC but its working on my Laptop both Windows 10 Verson 2004. I have looked at the Registry Editer and looked at BootExecute...
  10. and still No move...how stop CLI chkdsk /f /r G:

in Windows 10 Support
    and still No move...how stop CLI chkdsk /f /r G:: how LONG AWAIT FOR THIS? I awaited 30-min and still No move Please reply this ^^^ if now is appreciated G: RAW HDD was NTFS I wanted repair it...how LONG AWAIT FOR THIS - see attachment? I awaited 30-min command ??? ^C ? [img] 141553