Windows 10: How do I stop computers from syncing?

Discus and support How do I stop computers from syncing? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have used Windows since the mid-90s. A few years ago I was given an iPad mini because I needed a tablet. After fighting with it for a few years I got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by myhr99, Dec 16, 2017.

1. myhr99 Win User

How do I stop computers from syncing?

Have used Windows since the mid-90s. A few years ago I was given an iPad mini because I needed a tablet. After fighting with it for a few years I got a tablet running Win10. I've found that after setting up the tablet, changes on the tablet were also made on my desktop. How do I stop them from syncing each other? Thanx!

:)

myhr99, Dec 16, 2017

2. how do i remove old computers from my network?

Have you tried left-clicking the computer you wish to be removed from your homegroup? Based on the options you've listed, (Open, Open in new window, Pin to Quick Access and Pin to start) you're probably right-clicking the computer. Refer to the screenshot
    below:

How do I stop computers from syncing? [​IMG]

If the issue still persists, you'll need to go to your active computers and select Leave the homegroup. Once, you're able to remove all active computers, you can now set up a new homegroup on your main computer. The computer or PC should now be removed from
    the homegroup.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 16, 2017
  3. how do i remove old computers from my network?

Hello BigBoox,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Verify if you're concern is regarding Homegroup. If yes, have you tried performing the steps below to remove old computers from your network:
    • Press Windows key + E, then go to Homegroup.
    • Select your <computername> and click on "Remove <computername> from the homegroup" link.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 16, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Dec 16, 2017
  5. myhr99 Win User
    Wow, thanx, man, exactly what I was looking for!!

myhr99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I stop computers from syncing? - Similar Threads - stop computers syncing

2. How do I unpause computer syncing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I unpause computer syncing?: A bunch of photos and files on my computer suddenly won't open, there's an X on the thumbnail. When I click it says I need to resume syncing. How do I do this?...
  3. How do I unpause computer syncing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unpause computer syncing?: A bunch of photos and files on my computer suddenly won't open, there's an X on the thumbnail. When I click it says I need to resume syncing. How do I do this?...
  4. How do I unpause computer syncing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to stop onedrive from syncing

How to stop onedrive from syncing: Hi,I accidentally enabled onedrive and it starting syncing 300+GB of photos to the cloud. I do not want this and I do not need this since I have another backup process in place. It also starting syncing documents which I do not want in the cloud due to security reasons.When...
  6. HOW DO I STOP ONEDRIVE FROM SYNCING MY PICTURES

HOW DO I STOP ONEDRIVE FROM SYNCING MY PICTURES: I have been fighting with this for over an hour after having to re-install windows again after windows screwed up my logon and locked me out of my computer.Now i have this to deal with all over again.Before I did not have Pictures linked to one drive but now it is and I can't...
  7. HOW DO I STOP ONEDRIVE FROM SYNCING MY PICTURES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I STOP ONEDRIVE FROM SYNCING MY PICTURES: I have been fighting with this for over an hour after having to re-install windows again after windows screwed up my logon and locked me out of my computer.Now i have this to deal with all over again.Before I did not have Pictures linked to one drive but now it is and I can't...
  8. HOW DO I STOP ONEDRIVE FROM SYNCING MY PICTURES

9. How do I stop syncing

How do I stop syncing: Why does syncing come up every time I try to send an email with a scan as an attachment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-syncing/47385fed-4729-4558-ace0-135ff371c313
  10. How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive?

How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive?: I play sims 4 and have downloaded quite a bit of extra content for it. Unfortunately, this has all saved to my onedrive, filling it up completely. Is there a way of stopping just this folder from syncing, and leaving the rest of my documents to sync? I have researched this...