Windows 10: How do I stop connecting to other WiFi signals to find an Internet connection when the...

Discus and support How do I stop connecting to other WiFi signals to find an Internet connection when the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have several devices that all connect to a local router, but when that router gets disconnected from the Internet the devices seek out other WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkCasazza, Sep 30, 2022.

1. How do I stop connecting to other WiFi signals to find an Internet connection when the...

I have several devices that all connect to a local router, but when that router gets disconnected from the Internet the devices seek out other WiFi signals. I have forgotten all other WiFi connections so I am assuming it is trying to connect to what seems to be open WiFi hotspots. How can I set up my system to not try to connect to what looks like open hotspots, or anything else, just because the current connection lost its Internet connection?The LAN connection is more important to me because I am using Remote Desktop between devices, some of them headless. They always come back to the known

:)

MarkCasazza, Sep 30, 2022
  2. Pete1burn Win User

Excellent wifi signal, no internet

I have comcast going into a netgear rt600 with an asus repeater upstairs. My iPhone is connected to the 5g signal. When I'm sitting outside I have full wifi signal but no Internet. Can't connect to anything. As soon as I go back inside its fine. How can I have signal but no Internet?

Pete1burn, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Excellent wifi signal, no internet

Are you sure you're connected to the same router inside vs. outside?

Sasqui, Sep 30, 2022
  4. How do I stop connecting to other WiFi signals to find an Internet connection when the...

Internet connection speeds

I'm really curious about this, considering the amount of hoopla every major internet connection provider likes to claim about their services, and many times exaggerated just to help their own sales . . .

So, with that in mind, anyone willing to post up their download/upload connection speeds, and we can see just how much of a difference there is in the various internet connection types.

Hit up Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test, choose the location closest to your home and begin the test, afterwards, copy and paste your result here. Also, please list what type of connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, VDSL, FiOS, etc) - if you are running through an ethernet connection, please also list whether it's a direct connection, or your LAN/WiFi connection speeds.

So, I guess I'lll start:

Verizon standard DSL - D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps

How do I stop connecting to other WiFi signals to find an Internet connection when the... 189114715.png

imperialreign, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

How do I stop connecting to other WiFi signals to find an Internet connection when the...

1. How do I stop connecting to other WiFi signals to find an Internet connection when the... - Similar Threads - stop connecting WiFi

2. Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet: I'm having a strange problem on my ASUS Vivobook. I'm connected to my home wifi but the toolbar is still showing the "No Connection" icon.Edge works fine and I can enter any website without issue. When I try to log into Microsoft Office, it tells me it's not connected to the...
  3. How do I stop connecting to other WiFi signals to find an Internet connection when the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop connecting to other WiFi signals to find an Internet connection when the...: I have several devices that all connect to a local router, but when that router gets disconnected from the Internet the devices seek out other WiFi signals. I have forgotten all other WiFi connections so I am assuming it is trying to connect to what seems to be open WiFi...
  4. How do I stop connecting to other WiFi signals to find an Internet connection when the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop connecting to other WiFi signals to find an Internet connection when the...: I have several devices that all connect to a local router, but when that router gets disconnected from the Internet the devices seek out other WiFi signals. I have forgotten all other WiFi connections so I am assuming it is trying to connect to what seems to be open WiFi...
  5. no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi: no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-connection-yet-other-laptop-is/569a755f-0643-4023-8241-6515c96c74e5
  6. no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi: no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-connection-yet-other-laptop-is/569a755f-0643-4023-8241-6515c96c74e5
  7. no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi

8. how to Keep the wifi connection when there is a problem in the internet connection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to Keep the wifi connection when there is a problem in the internet connection?: Hello Windows 10 cuts the connection to the wifi router automatically when there is a problem in the internet connection... how to stop that ? Because I have unstable internet connection and the local network throw wifi is important for me I have many PCs use it (Printers...
  9. Internet connect to one wifi connection but not the other.

Internet connect to one wifi connection but not the other.: So in my house we have to wifi connections but it wont connect to my main internet. it will connect to are bad internet that is always in and out and just has a poor connection. but are main one I was connect too yesterday evening and when I went to get on my internet that...
  10. WiFi & Internet connection stopped

WiFi & Internet connection stopped: Hello. Yesterday the WiFi & internet connection stopped working abruptly on my laptop. Nothing changed with my router but I did reboot it twice. It is a Netgear Router R7000, and all checks fine with it. I am getting wifi connections on tablet & phone and my desktop is...