Windows 10: How do i stop cortana from lowering my entire volume?

Discus and support How do i stop cortana from lowering my entire volume? in Cortana to solve the problem; My microphone is missing, so I started using text to speech. When cortana appears, it completely drowns out the TTS the microphone is adjusted to the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Andrew From DIA1T, Nov 25, 2022.

1. How do i stop cortana from lowering my entire volume?

My microphone is missing, so I started using text to speech. When cortana appears, it completely drowns out the TTS the microphone is adjusted to the speakers so it drowns out the audio. I want cortana to stop adjusting my speakers to a lower volume. I need an answer. :

:)

Andrew From DIA1T, Nov 25, 2022

2. Phone volume and music player volume are somehow interlinked, if i lower the volume of music player it will result in lowering the ringing volume.

Phone volume and music player volume are somehow interlinked, if i lower the volume of music player it will result in lowering the ringing volume. What to do??????????? Anybody give some suggestion or request microsoft to provide an update with this issue
    solved......................................... I Use Nokia Lumia 520 (Yellow).........

Thank You...

The Inspironatic Guy, Nov 25, 2022
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 25, 2022
  4. How do i stop cortana from lowering my entire volume?

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

How do i stop cortana from lowering my entire volume?

1. How do i stop cortana from lowering my entire volume? - Similar Threads - stop cortana lowering

2. How do i stop cortana from lowering my entire volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop cortana from lowering my entire volume?: My microphone is missing, so I started using text to speech. When cortana appears, it completely drowns out the TTS the microphone is adjusted to the speakers so it drowns out the audio. I want cortana to stop adjusting my speakers to a lower volume. I need an answer. :...
  3. How do i stop cortana from lowering my entire volume?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop cortana from lowering my entire volume?: My microphone is missing, so I started using text to speech. When cortana appears, it completely drowns out the TTS the microphone is adjusted to the speakers so it drowns out the audio. I want cortana to stop adjusting my speakers to a lower volume. I need an answer. :...
  4. How lower the sound volume?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How lower the sound volume?: Hello every one: Every time reboot the w10, the small speaker icon in the right bottom tray indicates the volume 80%. it is really too high for me. How can I fix it to a lower value? say 40%. Thanks! --- Zhao...
  5. Volume lowers by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume lowers by itself.: I am using Windows 10 version 1909 Every time I open a program that is using my microphone, be it OBS, a game, or just an app to record audio through it, the volume of everything else get lowered significantly. I tried checking the "Do nothing" option in the...
  6. Update: Lower My Volume?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update: Lower My Volume?: Hi! I recently updated my windows 10 and when i was watching my VLC media player the volume decreased quite a lot, when it was still on full volume... it sounds so strange now...? i was wondering if anyone had any advice how to fix it or if its happened to them? I’m...
  7. how do I disable Cortana from my laptop

in Cortana
    how do I disable Cortana from my laptop: Question as above - running Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-cortana-from-my-laptop/b5a6a219-0736-4f87-9e4d-392f748507fe"
  8. How do I block AN ENTIRE DOMAIN from my email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I block AN ENTIRE DOMAIN from my email?: How do I block AN ENTIRE DOMAIN in outlook email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-block-an-entire-domain-from-my-email/03ce5652-0f46-4137-ab6d-866c9d17ade4
  9. How Do I Stop Notifications in Lower RIght Hand Corner?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Stop Notifications in Lower RIght Hand Corner?: After I boot I get notifications in the lower right hand corner. Other times I get notifications when after I unplug a usb drive. How can I stop these notifications? [img] 131238
  10. How do I stop cortana opening to listen?

in Cortana
    How do I stop cortana opening to listen?: Cortana all of the sudden opens up to listen to a question. I never ask for it to open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-cortana-opening-to-listen/670e2183-f236-4b8a-97a1-948af3c1a311"