Windows 10: How do I stop Defender displaying a notification on system start.

Discus and support How do I stop Defender displaying a notification on system start. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi For a long time Defender has been showing a notification when the system starts. It is now beginning to annoy me. Everything shows no problem (6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stevie will, Mar 27, 2019.

1. How do I stop Defender displaying a notification on system start.

Hi

For a long time Defender has been showing a notification when the system starts. It is now beginning to annoy me. Everything shows no problem (6 green ticks on the notification). In other words, all it is doing is telling me nothing is wrong. I delved into Task Manager, Start-up. Defender is disabled there. Nothing in settings seems to give me the ability to notify only if there is a problem. I tried switching off 'Recent activityand scan results but it made no difference.

I tried running Sysinternals Autoruns as an Administrator. For some reason or other, it only shows Logon entries and a search hook. So I cannot easily find whatever it is that starts the interface.

How do I stop it but have Defender display a notification of there is an issue?

Windows Home 32 1803.

:)

Stevie will, Mar 27, 2019

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 27, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 27, 2019
  4. How do I stop Defender displaying a notification on system start.

Disable notification of Windows Defender after turning it off

Hello Nick,

I realize that you want to stop the notification for the Windows Defender. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue resolves.

• Press Start Button and type Security and Maintenance.
    • Select Security and Maintenance. Left pane select Change Security and Maintenance setting.
    • Uncheck the Virus Protection.
    • Click Ok. Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us if you are facing any further issues. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

How do I stop Defender displaying a notification on system start.

1. How do I stop Defender displaying a notification on system start. - Similar Threads - stop Defender displaying

2. How do I start Microsoft Defender if it can't start?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I start Microsoft Defender if it can't start?: Hello, today I ran into a problem, I can't open Microsoft Defender. I tried to go through the settings, but even after starting the antivirus, it hung on the Microsoft Defender logo. I click on the icon does not start at all. Before that, I disabled Microsoft Defender, and...
  3. How do I start Microsoft Defender if it can't start?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I start Microsoft Defender if it can't start?: Hello, today I ran into a problem, I can't open Microsoft Defender. I tried to go through the settings, but even after starting the antivirus, it hung on the Microsoft Defender logo. I click on the icon does not start at all. Before that, I disabled Microsoft Defender, and...
  4. How do I stop system interrupts significantly delaying start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop system interrupts significantly delaying start up: I am running Windows 10 professional on a laptop.Usually when I stop work I select sleep and disconnect the power supply. The laptop is set to shut down if the lid is closed and there is no mains power. When I wish to use the machine again I reconnect the power, open the lid...
  5. How do I stop system interrupts significantly delaying start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop system interrupts significantly delaying start up: I am running Windows 10 professional on a laptop.Usually when I stop work I select sleep and disconnect the power supply. The laptop is set to shut down if the lid is closed and there is no mains power. When I wish to use the machine again I reconnect the power, open the lid...
  6. How do I stop system interrupts significantly delaying start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. how do i stop ms notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i stop ms notifications: i keep incessantly receiving e mail messages ref my activities on ms - how do i stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-ms-notifications/bc9e3fa5-481c-4b9b-8918-1c468b0d7a58
  8. How do I disable 'Update windows defender' notifications.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable 'Update windows defender' notifications.: I have disabled all windows security notifications yet this one always pops up. submitted by /u/Divine_Incarnate [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2mu0n/how_do_i_disable_update_windows_defender/
  9. How do I turn off just the DEFENDER NOTIFICATIONS

How do I turn off just the DEFENDER NOTIFICATIONS: Hello All: I see how to turn off the REAL TIME PROTECTION but that is not what I want to do, I want to stop DEFENDER from throwing up the constant flow of Windows Defender Found Threats & is REMOVING THEM. I don't think I'm going to sites that would give me that much...
  10. How can I stop Windows Defender definitions update notifications?

How can I stop Windows Defender definitions update notifications?: They happen every day and I always get this slide in toast notification. The updates are like 50kb and are done in .5 of a second, I don't need to know about it I think it's because I disabled auto update because I'd heard of Windows 10 handling that in an incredibly...