Windows 10: How do I stop Desktop maximize?

Discus and support How do I stop Desktop maximize? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've had a computer disaster and had to start over with a new computer and a new installation of Windows 10, so I've lost a lot of personalization.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David P. Vancouver, Mar 22, 2021.

1. How do I stop Desktop maximize?

I've had a computer disaster and had to start over with a new computer and a new installation of Windows 10, so I've lost a lot of personalization. Specifically, I'm finding that when I move a window on the desktop anywhere in the vicinity of a screen edge, the window maximizes. It's distracting and annoying, and I'm certain it wasn't doing that on my previous installation of Windows. How do I suppress that behaviour, or at least make it less sensitive?

:)

David P. Vancouver, Mar 22, 2021

2. How to remove PC SPEED MAXIMIZER ?

Follow the instructions here.
    Remove PC Speed Maximizer (Removal Guide)

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or cannot be removed there, skip to the next step. HitmanPro may not be needed.

Bruce Hagen, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 22, 2021
  4. How do I stop Desktop maximize?

Unable to maximize a window after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you're facing issue in Maximizing the Windows. Suggest you try the below mentioned steps to fix any issue with system files, when you access the desktop screen:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type or copy/paste the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Reboot the system and check if it helps.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

How do I stop Desktop maximize?

1. How do I stop Desktop maximize? - Similar Threads - stop Desktop maximize

2. how do i stop this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i stop this?: This is pretty recent, but Everytime I move my cursor out of the window program space it automatically disappears and it becomes a hassle to use it again because after clicking on the program from taskbar I have to instantly move the mouse to the program to use it.How do I...
  3. How do I maximize the performance and stop it from being so slow and make it faster of a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I maximize the performance and stop it from being so slow and make it faster of a...: My Laptop: Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-maximize-the-performance-and-stop-it-from/16c6cdea-25d3-4dd4-9f14-d0331756e23c
  4. How do I maximize the performance and stop it from being so slow and make it faster of a...

How do I maximize the performance and stop it from being so slow and make it faster of a...: My Laptop: Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-maximize-the-performance-and-stop-it-from/16c6cdea-25d3-4dd4-9f14-d0331756e23c
  5. How do i stop wkndows from getting maximized and forced to the top of the screen every time...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i stop wkndows from getting maximized and forced to the top of the screen every time...: So obnoxious submitted by /u/Whatevernameisnt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mg89id/how_do_i_stop_wkndows_from_getting_maximized_and/
  6. Pushbullet Desktop Not Maximized

Pushbullet Desktop Not Maximized: I downloaded the Pushbullet for Win 10 desktop but when I start it, it will only open in a small window. I would like it to open maximized or at least to the size that I set it. I have tried maximizing it and then closing it while holding Ctrl, I have gone into the app icon -...
  7. How do I stop Windows from maximizing my windows when I reposition them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Windows from maximizing my windows when I reposition them?: How do I stop Windows from maximizing my windows when I reposition them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-windows-from-maximizing-my-windows/cf12757d-1816-4040-bfb2-85863209ab8d
  8. desktop shortcut in maximize

desktop shortcut in maximize: How do I open the desktop shortcuts in maximize? I have gone to shortcut properties and there are no sizing options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-in-maximize/f6183bce-b422-4214-8829-9e45f3c5fbcf
  9. How do I fix the stretched title bars on maximized desktop apps

How do I fix the stretched title bars on maximized desktop apps: In Windows 10, there is a really annoying UI issue that hasn't been fixed since insider build before RTM. Basically, if you maximize a universal app, the size of the title bar and buttons stay the same. However, if you maximize a desktop app, the title bar becomes shorter,...
  10. How do I Maximize the use of Interent Bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I Maximize the use of Interent Bandwidth: Let me elaborate it first. I have decent internet connection with bandwidth: 35Mbps Down & 5Mbps Up. Luckily I have a connection with dedicated QOS by my ISP. Problem: Unable to utilize maximum bandwidth available to me. Note: No problem with my ISP, internet...