Windows 10: How do I stop DWM from using GPU?

Discus and support How do I stop DWM from using GPU? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Oh man, this thing has going me insane. While playing media the GPU usage of DWM just spikes up leaving me to watch the video with lag and stutter.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shadystonedboii, Apr 18, 2020.

1. How do I stop DWM from using GPU?

Oh man, this thing has going me insane. While playing media the GPU usage of DWM just spikes up leaving me to watch the video with lag and stutter. I've tried fixes like lowering the priority or turning of windows transparency. There's no answer at Microsoft forum too unfortunately. Also this thing happens only when the laptop is charging, while not, it's just smooth and good. As soon as I plug in charging the GPU usage of DWM spikes up to 60-70%. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/shadystonedboii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shadystonedboii, Apr 18, 2020

2. Dwm and csrss using my gpu

Hey so the dwm and csrss using my gpu while im moving window folder(dwm) and while im moving cursor (csrss) and each of them can use 10% or higher

And when im in csgo there is 10% of use of it (dwm) and 20% for.csgo im wondering if its okey or not

liorgordon, Apr 18, 2020
  3. ricardobohner, Apr 18, 2020
  4. JimCol69 Win User

How do I stop DWM from using GPU?

Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage in Windows 10

Tried your registry trick long ago, back when you posted it, and it did nothing for the DWM problem on any of the computers the lab or my office.

DWM still unexplainably begin to occasionally work over the GPU in the back ground regardless of running or not running any Programs/Apps. No noticeable patterns to link the problem to any Program/App or activity.

As for DWM using GPU when play vids, yes very much expected. But after closing Vid program I would also expect DWM usage of GPU to go back down to under 5%, instead of increasing GPU usage to over 50%.

Tried just about every tweak and trick here to get DWM to stay normal (under 5% GPU usage with 20% spikes), but randomly DWM usage of GPU jumps up to 25% to 60% with spikes of 100% regardless of running any program “or” starting up computer letting it idle
    while I go work in studio lab.

Only thing that helps is saving any work and closing any programs I was using (If I was running anything), than cold reboot Windows OS to get DWM usage of GPU down.

The DWM problem is so bad and gave up on Microsoft even caring to about our problem. I installed a 2nd Hard Drive with windows 7 OS (using Mother Board Bios to switch which OS hard drive will Boot) to run all important work without having to occasionally
    save and cold reboot system.

JimCol69, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop DWM from using GPU?

1. How do I stop DWM from using GPU? - Similar Threads - stop DWM using

2. DWM extreme GPU usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DWM extreme GPU usage.: For example when I move a chrome tab on my desktop the DWM will take up literally 40-80% of my gpu. It sometimes even closes out all tabs and sometimes crashes my whole computer and blue screens me. It’s not malware, drivers, or my graphics card. I’ve tried with different...
  3. DWM extreme GPU usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DWM extreme GPU usage.: For example when I move a chrome tab on my desktop the DWM will take up literally 40-80% of my gpu. It sometimes even closes out all tabs and sometimes crashes my whole computer and blue screens me. It’s not malware, drivers, or my graphics card. I’ve tried with different...
  4. DWM extreme GPU usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. dwm 100 gpu ussage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm 100 gpu ussage: When I'm playing games, my graphics card usage jumps to 100 and when I look at it, I see that dwm.exe is using 90% of the time, and this happens very often and it undermines my gaming experience, please help...
  6. dwm 100 gpu ussage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dwm 100 gpu ussage: When I'm playing games, my graphics card usage jumps to 100 and when I look at it, I see that dwm.exe is using 90% of the time, and this happens very often and it undermines my gaming experience, please help...
  7. How do you use the aero basic theme (ie no DWM) with DWM on?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you use the aero basic theme (ie no DWM) with DWM on?: Hello I recently found out on the winclassic forum that it was possible to get the windows classic theme on windows 10 by closing some theme handler in the memory on winlogon. I also know that it is possible to get the aero basic theme with the blue title bars and windows 7...
  8. Dwm and csrss using my gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dwm and csrss using my gpu: Hey so the dwm and csrss using my gpu while im moving window folder(dwm) and while im moving cursor (csrss) and each of them can use 10% or higher And when im in csgo there is 10% of use of it (dwm) and 20% for.csgo im wondering if its okey or not...
  9. How do i stop windows apps from using my nvidia card gpu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i stop windows apps from using my nvidia card gpu.: How do i stop windows apps from using my nvidia card gpu. I want to stop skype and one note. There is no opinions in windows display Graphics setting tab to stop it because it is not set to use it . [ATTACH] And the [ATTACH] Does not answer the question. I do use...
  10. How do I stop Windows from using a partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I stop Windows from using a partition?: Hello everyone, Here is a picture of my current partition setup: [img] I recently had a different version of Windows on the second Partition. After installing Windows 10 to the last partition, everything on the second partition was deleted. Now the second partition...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. csgo without dwm