Windows 10: How do I stop edge from asking me to install Chrome???

Discus and support How do I stop edge from asking me to install Chrome??? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; EVERY SINGLE TIME I open the wonderful Edge browser, i get asked if I want to install Google Chrome; I've told it 20 times I am NOT INTERESTED, but it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by wase4711, May 27, 2016.

1. wase4711 Win User

How do I stop edge from asking me to install Chrome???

EVERY SINGLE TIME I open the wonderful Edge browser, i get asked if I want to install Google Chrome; I've told it 20 times I am NOT INTERESTED, but it still keeps up this stupid behavior..

How long until the "so called browser" works properly? It STILL doesn't save any of my passwords, once I open and close Edge even though I have told it endlessly to save them..

I have reported these bugs endlessly to MS...

Edge will NEVER become a mainstream browser at this rate..*Confused*Confused

:)

wase4711, May 27, 2016
  2. Le Boule Win User

How do I stop the pop-up asking me to install Windows 10?

If you don’t want to receive downloads from MS wanting you to upgrade to Windows 10 see the following:

Block Windows 10 With GWX Control Panel - Ask Leo! Good article but ignore the ads.

Le Boule, May 27, 2016
  3. How do I stop the pop-up asking me to install Windows 10?

Thanks, mate - this was driving me crazy !!!

Interesting article - I think this one shows it all:

"Checked Windows updates waiting to install on my Win7 system – Only one waiting – KB3035583. It is marked as “Important” and the description is “Install this update to resolve issues in Windows. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this
    update… blah… blah… blah” Googled KB3035583. From
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3035583
    : 'This update installs the Get Windows 10 app, which helps users understand their Windows 10 upgrade options and device readiness. For more information about Windows 10, see Windows 10.'

So, we need to be wary of MS lying to us in the Windows Update descriptions."

Dan Elgaard, May 27, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

I very much doubt it will be Microsoft trying to get you to install Google Chrome, it will be Google either in a direct or indirect way.

I must admit I'm also getting fed up with constantly being told to install Chrome too, but Google's heavy-handed tactics shouldn't really come as a surprise as I read recently that Google even pay partners such as mobile carriers and phone manufacturers a slice of the pie by being pro-Google.

Where are you seeing the prompts, in the actual webpage like this or somewhere else?

How do I stop edge from asking me to install Chrome??? [​IMG]

ARC1020, May 27, 2016
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    For your Edge passwords not being remembered, I assume they're not being wiped when you clear your browsing history are they? Either by using something like CCleaner to clear history, or from within Edge itself.

ARC1020, May 27, 2016
  6. wase4711 Win User
    yes, that is the annoying message I see when I open edge every time; it stopped for a time or 2, but now its back..
    and no, I do NOT clean my passwords when I use cc cleaner or any other cleaner, plus, its NEVER an issue with firefox after running any cleaning program, only with EDGE...

wase4711, May 27, 2016
  7. ARC1020 Win User
    Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about those annoying message other than boycotting Google, as it's Google themselves embedding them directly in their webpages when they see you're using a Microsoft browser.

ARC1020, May 27, 2016
  8. How do I stop edge from asking me to install Chrome???

I'm with you guys. I have Chrome on my PC and still get the damn message! *Mad

DasDonster, Jun 1, 2016
  9. marc61 Win User
    To stop those annoying message to install Chrome browser in Edge, while on Edge, press F12 Developer Tolls then Emulation Tab, then on the User Agent String listbox choose Google Chrome.

marc61, Jun 10, 2016
  10. wase4711 Win User
    didnt do a thing for me..

wase4711, Jun 10, 2016
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    Do you have Google set as your home page? It may not be Edge that's asking. It may be Google.

f14tomcat, Jun 10, 2016
  12. wase4711 Win User
    yes, I do, but not sure why that question always comes up every time I open up Edge; even if I never clear/clean the browser history, just close it and re-open it, that same stupid message comes up 100% of the time..

and, LastPass makes me log in every single time I open the browser as well, no matter how many times I have previously logged into it...

Edge is still a joke, IMO..

wase4711, Jun 10, 2016
  13. Rocky Win User

As has been mentioned upthread, it comes up 100% of the time even in Google Chrome if you have it open with Google. It's just Google, you can actually Google it.

Rocky, Jun 10, 2016
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    To test, I just set my home page in Edge to Google - closed Edge and reopened it. The question came up and I clicked the small "X" in the box I have indicated in this screenshot. Sorry, I can't post the original box because I already clcicked the "X" and it went away, and stayed away. It never asked me again.

As for LastPass....... check off the option in settings for LastPass to remember your Master Password.

Hope some or all of this helps. TC

f14tomcat, Jun 10, 2016
  15. wase4711 Win User
    thanks, but I have done both of those things dozens of times, but the problems stay the same..

wase4711, Jun 10, 2016
Thema:

1. How do I stop edge from asking me to install Chrome??? - Similar Threads - stop edge asking

2. How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it.: How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it. MICROSOFT WON'T STOP ASKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-microsoft-editor-browser-from-asking/15d36a25-3595-4622-9312-6057dcd8397e
  3. How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it.: How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it. MICROSOFT WON'T STOP ASKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-microsoft-editor-browser-from-asking/15d36a25-3595-4622-9312-6057dcd8397e
  4. How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it...: Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it from asking for my Windows password to view them without interfering with or removing the password at startup? TIA...
  6. Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it...: Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it from asking for my Windows password to view them without interfering with or removing the password at startup? TIA...
  7. how do I stop Edge from autostarting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I stop Edge from autostarting?: I do not wish to use Edge. how do I stop Edge from autostarting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-edge-from-autostarting/96461f40-fb06-469b-a2ad-0cc1ab76850e
  8. How do I stop Edge from opening ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop Edge from opening ?: Edge browser opens at boot up or even when I wake my PC from sleep. I can’t figure out how to stop this. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Collierfiber2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khsyd7/how_do_i_stop_edge_from_opening/
  9. How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.: Hi, I want to export Bookmarks bar (not bookmarks) from Chrome and then import to Edge's Favorites bar. How do I do? Thank you, 65317
  10. How do I stop Office 365 from asking me to set it up?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do I stop Office 365 from asking me to set it up?: At least twice a day I get a popup "reminding" me to set up this program, which I do not want. How do I get rid of the reminders? 75207