Windows 10: How do I stop edge from asking me to install Chrome???

Discus and support How do I stop edge from asking me to install Chrome??? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; thanks, but I have done both of those things dozens of times, but the problems stay the same.. Why not change your home page to another site, like... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by wase4711, May 27, 2016.

1. OldMike65 Win User

How do I stop edge from asking me to install Chrome???

Why not change your home page to another site, like MSN.com which uses the Bing search engine. Then if you still wanted to use Google , just type it in from MSN or if you really want to use Google, just install Google's tool bar. Not sure if you can in the Edge browser thou. But you do have ways to stop Google from asking you to install Chrome.

OldMike65, Jun 10, 2016
  2. OldMike65 Win User

I have Chrome and Firefox installed and still use IE11 sometimes. Also have the Google tool bar installed in Chrome, and IE11, never had Google ask me to install anything, including Chrome. But I never use Google as my home page either.

OldMike65, Jun 10, 2016
  3. wase4711 Win User
    thats not a bad idea; changing the home page to stop the annoying google chrome issue..now, if LastPass would just work the way it does on every other browser...

wase4711, Jun 10, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

I've never used LastPass so I can't suggest anything for that app. I use RoboForm myself but its not a free program. Bought it years ago. *Smile

OldMike65, Jun 11, 2016
  5. wase4711 Win User
    maybe I will try robo form..I use the pay version of last pass, so their support says they are "working" on my issue...

wase4711, Jun 11, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    OldMike65, Jun 11, 2016
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    I just installed the LastPass extension in Edge and set it up. Told it to remember the master password. Told Edge to remember. Completely got out of Edge. Opened it back up and entered tenforums.com. I was not asked to log into LastPass and it logged me right into tenforums. No problems.

I will mention one thing.... you are probably on build 10586. I am on Insider build 14361. There have been changes and fixes made to Edge that are not yet out to the general public. That will hopefully happen with the Anniversary edition at the end of July. I know you're looking for a solution now, but you may not see it for a few more weeks. It does work with the edition I am running.

I can't duplicate your problem. Sorry.

f14tomcat, Jun 11, 2016
  8. wase4711 Win User

thanks for trying man, I appreciate it..
    BTW I am on the latest insider build, 14361...have had nothing but problems with edge for at least the last 3 or 4 insider builds..

wase4711, Jun 11, 2016
  9. llewyn Win User
    I changed the user agent in edge as recommended earlier in the thread and it got rid of the chrome ad. The developer options seems to have changed since the thread was first written. In latest version of windows, hit F12, choose emulation, then change user agent to chrome.

llewyn, Sep 18, 2017
  10. Berton Win User
    You're right, lots of changes since that post was on 11 Jun 2016

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I stop edge from asking me to install Chrome??? - Similar Threads - stop edge asking

2. How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it.: How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it. MICROSOFT WON'T STOP ASKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-microsoft-editor-browser-from-asking/15d36a25-3595-4622-9312-6057dcd8397e
  3. How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it.: How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it. MICROSOFT WON'T STOP ASKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-microsoft-editor-browser-from-asking/15d36a25-3595-4622-9312-6057dcd8397e
  4. How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it...: Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it from asking for my Windows password to view them without interfering with or removing the password at startup? TIA...
  6. Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it...: Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it from asking for my Windows password to view them without interfering with or removing the password at startup? TIA...
  7. how do I stop Edge from autostarting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I stop Edge from autostarting?: I do not wish to use Edge. how do I stop Edge from autostarting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-edge-from-autostarting/96461f40-fb06-469b-a2ad-0cc1ab76850e
  8. How do I stop Edge from opening ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop Edge from opening ?: Edge browser opens at boot up or even when I wake my PC from sleep. I can’t figure out how to stop this. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Collierfiber2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khsyd7/how_do_i_stop_edge_from_opening/
  9. How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.: Hi, I want to export Bookmarks bar (not bookmarks) from Chrome and then import to Edge's Favorites bar. How do I do? Thank you, 65317
  10. How do I stop Office 365 from asking me to set it up?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do I stop Office 365 from asking me to set it up?: At least twice a day I get a popup "reminding" me to set up this program, which I do not want. How do I get rid of the reminders? 75207