Windows 10: How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows

Discus and support How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows like in the settings app and search.I dont like edge and prefer firefox.I hate how microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joe Blogger, May 29, 2023.

1. How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows

How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows like in the settings app and search.I dont like edge and prefer firefox.I hate how microsoft forces users to open their stupid browser. it isn't going to be popular

:)

Joe Blogger, May 29, 2023
  2. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, May 29, 2023
  3. Stop edge from opening new tabs from search links?

Chrome does not do that. Problem is, you do a search, and click on a search link, it opens a new tab, and leaves the bing seach tab open. And after a while, you can have very many Bing search tabs open

- - - Updated - - -

In the left pane, click on the Pop-ups and Redirects option.

STEP 4 does not exist for me.
    How To Stop Auto Tab Opening On Microsoft Edge 2020

sdowney717, May 29, 2023
  4. Mark Isi Win User

How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, May 29, 2023
Thema:

How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows

1. How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows - Similar Threads - stop edge opening

2. How to stop Edge opening for links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Edge opening for links: My default browser is Chrome. Edge has now started opening when I click on links external to Chrome. I cannot change it through Default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-opening-for-links/26420b2d-416b-4089-9dcc-de88419ee009
  3. How to stop Edge opening for links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Edge opening for links: My default browser is Chrome. Edge has now started opening when I click on links external to Chrome. I cannot change it through Default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-opening-for-links/26420b2d-416b-4089-9dcc-de88419ee009
  4. How do I stop Edge or an Edge ad from opening every time my screen locks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Edge or an Edge ad from opening every time my screen locks?: For some time, I have had the problem that when I leave my computer and the screen automatically locks, Microsoft Edge opens, even though I am NOT using Edge. To continue work I either have to close Edge or minimize it.I was able to deal with it by minimizing Edge at the...
  5. How do I stop Edge or an Edge ad from opening every time my screen locks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Edge or an Edge ad from opening every time my screen locks?: For some time, I have had the problem that when I leave my computer and the screen automatically locks, Microsoft Edge opens, even though I am NOT using Edge. To continue work I either have to close Edge or minimize it.I was able to deal with it by minimizing Edge at the...
  6. How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows: How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows like in the settings app and search.I dont like edge and prefer firefox.I hate how microsoft forces users to open their stupid browser. it isn't going to be popular...
  7. How do I get Microsoft Edge to stop opening new tabs every time that I click on a hyper link?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get Microsoft Edge to stop opening new tabs every time that I click on a hyper link?: Since earlier this month, every time that I click on a link when I browse on the web, it opens up in a new tab. Very fast, I end up having so many tabs open that are simply unnecessary and are hard to manage. I've never had this problem before and I could use some help...
  8. How do I stop opening Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop opening Microsoft Edge: Title says it all, I'm having issues and keep opening the program up instinctively, is there a way to prevent me from dong so short of turning off the computer?...
  9. How do I stop Edge from opening ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop Edge from opening ?: Edge browser opens at boot up or even when I wake my PC from sleep. I can’t figure out how to stop this. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Collierfiber2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khsyd7/how_do_i_stop_edge_from_opening/
  10. How do I stop MS Edge from opening a new tab every time I click on a link

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop MS Edge from opening a new tab every time I click on a link: When I am in a web page and click on a link, I stay on the tab I was originally in, but a separate new tab opens up with the link. This never used to happen - you used to click on a link and you went straight to that page. In IE Explorer, it was possible to decide whether...