Windows 10: How do I stop Edge from opening ?

Discus and support How do I stop Edge from opening ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Edge browser opens at boot up or even when I wake my PC from sleep. I can’t figure out how to stop this. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Collierfiber2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Collierfiber2, Dec 21, 2020.

1. How do I stop Edge from opening ?

Edge browser opens at boot up or even when I wake my PC from sleep. I can’t figure out how to stop this. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Collierfiber2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Collierfiber2, Dec 21, 2020

2. when on or restart microsoft edge open

Hi,

Just to clarify, you would like to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically opening the link you stated, is that right?

If so, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click the "more"(three dots) option.

3. Click Settings > Open Microsoft edge with/

4. From the drop down list, choose a different option other than "specific page".

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 21, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

How do I stop Edge from opening ?

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop Edge from opening ?

1. How do I stop Edge from opening ? - Similar Threads - stop Edge opening

2. How do I stop Edge or an Edge ad from opening every time my screen locks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Edge or an Edge ad from opening every time my screen locks?: For some time, I have had the problem that when I leave my computer and the screen automatically locks, Microsoft Edge opens, even though I am NOT using Edge. To continue work I either have to close Edge or minimize it.I was able to deal with it by minimizing Edge at the...
  3. How do I stop Edge or an Edge ad from opening every time my screen locks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Edge or an Edge ad from opening every time my screen locks?: For some time, I have had the problem that when I leave my computer and the screen automatically locks, Microsoft Edge opens, even though I am NOT using Edge. To continue work I either have to close Edge or minimize it.I was able to deal with it by minimizing Edge at the...
  4. How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows: How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows like in the settings app and search.I dont like edge and prefer firefox.I hate how microsoft forces users to open their stupid browser. it isn't going to be popular...
  5. How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows

How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows: How Do I stop edge from opening for every link in windows like in the settings app and search.I dont like edge and prefer firefox.I hate how microsoft forces users to open their stupid browser. it isn't going to be popular...
  6. How do I stop Microsoft Edge from doing anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Microsoft Edge from doing anything?: Having just reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer I now have that totally annoying Microsoft Edge back as well. I know there was a way to disable it but I can't find that information again. Can someone please tell me how to go about disabling Edge as deleting it isn't really...
  7. How do I stop Microsoft Edge from doing anything?

How do I stop Microsoft Edge from doing anything?: Having just reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer I now have that totally annoying Microsoft Edge back as well. I know there was a way to disable it but I can't find that information again. Can someone please tell me how to go about disabling Edge as deleting it isn't really...
  8. How do I stop Microsoft Edge from doing anything?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How do I stop opening Microsoft Edge

How do I stop opening Microsoft Edge: Title says it all, I'm having issues and keep opening the program up instinctively, is there a way to prevent me from dong so short of turning off the computer?...
  10. how do I stop Edge from autostarting?

how do I stop Edge from autostarting?: I do not wish to use Edge. how do I stop Edge from autostarting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-edge-from-autostarting/96461f40-fb06-469b-a2ad-0cc1ab76850e