Windows 10: How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder

Discus and support How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder Please fix this bug. I have followed all of the instructions to turn off automatically pick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rwalk4, Sep 19, 2021.

1. rwalk4 Win User

How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder

How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder Please fix this bug. I have followed all of the instructions to turn off automatically pick an accent color". I have chosen a color and all is static. It still jumps to the top of the file explorer screen. This is an extremely frustrating bug. Please fix it or provide a viable work around.

:)

rwalk4, Sep 19, 2021

2. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Also if running desktop slideshow, the folders will jump to top of page with each change of a photo. I stopped the slideshow and was able to complete my task in a folder without it jumping to the top. Microsoft........Listen up will you!

JohnBell_999, Sep 19, 2021
  3. Thormalu Win User
    Windows explore jumps to top

Will i am in a folder an i am scrolled down it jumps back to the top of the current folder with out warning and a random times constantly. It only started doing this after I upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10.

How do i stop explore jumping to the top of the current folder on its on?

Thormalu, Sep 19, 2021
  4. DanDamage Win User

Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

I disabled the feature and my explorer view promptly stopped jumping to the top, so i'd say this is the culprit in my case.

DanDamage, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder - Similar Threads - stop File Explorer

2. How to stop file explorer from jumping folder to bottom of page?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop file explorer from jumping folder to bottom of page?: [ATTACH] I click a folder such as "downloads" but then when i back out of the folder, it causes it to scroll so the position of the bottom of the screen is where the downloads folder is. It's really annoying as I loose track of where I was. Anyone know how to fix it so...
  3. How do I stop Windows Explorer from automatically jumping down?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop Windows Explorer from automatically jumping down?: Here is the situation...1. From Acrobat, I hit [Save as PDF File]2. A Windows Explorer window opens, I click on [Finances], and the window looks like the first image...3. I then mouse over [Taxes], but before I can click on the folder to open it, my view jumps down and...
  4. How do I stop Windows Explorer from automatically jumping down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows Explorer from automatically jumping down?: Here is the situation...1. From Acrobat, I hit [Save as PDF File]2. A Windows Explorer window opens, I click on [Finances], and the window looks like the first image...3. I then mouse over [Taxes], but before I can click on the folder to open it, my view jumps down and...
  5. How do I stop Windows Explorer from automatically jumping down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10

File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10: When I am browsing files and folders in File Explorer, The user is scrolling down in a folder/directory and suddenly File Explorer jumps or scrolls to the top of the folder automatically. It is frustrating if I am selecting multiple files/folders, renaming a file/folder, once...
  7. File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree

File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree: I have seen discussions on this over many years. In the past this issue used to be caused by personalisation settings for example, when background was set to slide show, or colour was set to pick accent colour from my background. In the past I have used those fixes and...
  8. How to jump to the top in file explorer in Windows 10

How to jump to the top in file explorer in Windows 10: Hi all, I usually click and drag email attachments from outlook to file explorer to save them. They are sorted by "file name" or "date modified" depending on how the folder is set to sort. Therefore, the dragged file doesn't always go to the top but i wanted to see them...
  9. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder: Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder I've been using Windows 10 since it came out in 2015 and this issue just started yesterday October 6, 2019. I found an old thread concerning this issue but my current windows settings are the same as those recommended in that...
  10. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!: I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is really annoying as I can have several pages to review file names before I get to the item I need. Before you ask, I do use...