Windows 10: How do I stop File Explorer from Loading when I boot up in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I stop File Explorer from Loading when I boot up in Windows 10? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I boot up, File Explorer opens. Very annoying. Searched the internet, discovered thousands of people have this problem, several solutions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by prattden, Mar 2, 2019.

1. prattden Win User

How do I stop File Explorer from Loading when I boot up in Windows 10?

Whenever I boot up, File Explorer opens. Very annoying. Searched the internet, discovered thousands of people have this problem, several solutions offered, but none of them worked for me. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Dennis

:)

prattden, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2019
  3. ilangom Win User
    File explorer slow with loading thumnails and files

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

ilangom, Mar 2, 2019
  4. How do I stop File Explorer from Loading when I boot up in Windows 10?

File explorer slow/Never loading solution

I would have never thought of this -
    This DOES stop the lag with explorer, and does not seem to have any adverse effect on anything that I normally use.
    Thank you for solving the problem... AND sharing the solution with us

davidw1957, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

How do I stop File Explorer from Loading when I boot up in Windows 10?

1. How do I stop File Explorer from Loading when I boot up in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - stop File Explorer

2. How do I make the files on my file explorer load?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make the files on my file explorer load?: The files on my computer wont load or if they do they mostly stay as white little paper icons.i saw this happen on a different question but the ways didn't work, so i assumed because we are on different versions.other question:...
  3. How do I make the files on my file explorer load?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make the files on my file explorer load?: The files on my computer wont load or if they do they mostly stay as white little paper icons.i saw this happen on a different question but the ways didn't work, so i assumed because we are on different versions.other question:...
  4. How do I stop File Explorer from alphabetizing my videos??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop File Explorer from alphabetizing my videos??: How do I fix this?? I'm trying to group a folder of videos by date, but File Explorer has them grouped alphabetically?? I've tried everything I can think of and I still can't figure it out! Please help!!!!...
  5. How do I stop File Explorer from alphabetizing my videos??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop File Explorer from alphabetizing my videos??: How do I fix this?? I'm trying to group a folder of videos by date, but File Explorer has them grouped alphabetically?? I've tried everything I can think of and I still can't figure it out! Please help!!!!...
  6. How do I stop file explorer from grouping files by age?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop file explorer from grouping files by age?: It is continually annoying to have my files shown in grouped by age into subfolders of files from Today, then LastWeek's files, then files from EarlierThisMonth, then LastMonth,'s files, then files from ALongTimeAgo.These age groups make it darn near impossible for me to work...
  7. How do I stop file explorer from grouping files by age?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop file explorer from grouping files by age?: It is continually annoying to have my files shown in grouped by age into subfolders of files from Today, then LastWeek's files, then files from EarlierThisMonth, then LastMonth,'s files, then files from ALongTimeAgo.These age groups make it darn near impossible for me to work...
  8. How do I stop file explorer from grouping files by age?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. How do I stop a program from loading on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop a program from loading on startup: I recently signed up for Webex fot do a video talk with my doctor. Now every time I bootup in the morning, Webex appears on my toolbar. In their "settings" I click on and nothing appears. How do get it out of the auto Start up mode? I had in Regedit a favorites list the...
  10. how do i stop microsoft store from opening up when i start internet explorer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how do i stop microsoft store from opening up when i start internet explorer: how do i stop microsoft store from opening up when i start internet explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-microsoft-store-from-opening-up-when/9008816e-6429-47c7-ac05-cca6a5eb83fd"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop explorer loading windows 10

2. stop loading file explorer