Windows 10: How do I stop getting ad notifications? See image.

Discus and support How do I stop getting ad notifications? See image. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 10. I keep getting the notification noise and an ad will pop up in the bottom right screen of my desktop. It's very annoying. I've had... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CarolS92, Jul 8, 2019.

1. CarolS92 Win User

How do I stop getting ad notifications? See image.

I have Windows 10. I keep getting the notification noise and an ad will pop up in the bottom right screen of my desktop. It's very annoying. I've had one for a Game of Thrones game, Walmart giftcard, etc. This is a screenshot:

How do I stop getting ad notifications? See image. 4c752765-a60e-4120-9be9-ae01be3bead5?upload=true.jpg

When I click on the "Close" button, it opens Chrome to the ad's website. Is this a virus or part of Windows? Please advise.

:)

CarolS92, Jul 8, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jul 8, 2019
  3. NuMs Win User
    Cannot get notifications to work

Hello,

Awhile back notifications suddenly stopped working, I can't remember if it was after an update.

Under Settings > System > Notification & actions. I have "Get notification from apps and other senders" enabled and have toggled the switch to on under the app list. Still nothing.

Bit of googling founda suggestion to run the SFC, while it did find and repair files, notifications still do not work.

Any ideas?

NuMs, Jul 8, 2019
  4. How do I stop getting ad notifications? See image.

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

How do I stop getting ad notifications? See image.

1. How do I stop getting ad notifications? See image. - Similar Threads - stop getting notifications

2. How do I get rid of these notifications?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get rid of these notifications?: I keep getting notifications saying I have a few viruses and it looked up the trojan virus and it said it was fake, so I do not click on it because it is trying to get me to download the site and is just so annoying to have it constantly popping up. I also get some...
  3. How do I get rid of these notifications?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of these notifications?: I keep getting notifications saying I have a few viruses and it looked up the trojan virus and it said it was fake, so I do not click on it because it is trying to get me to download the site and is just so annoying to have it constantly popping up. I also get some...
  4. How do I get rid of these notifications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I get this to stop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get this to stop?: I've been noticing for the past few months my pc has been goin on about my boot media, I go into BIOS and notice that it switches the boot manager to hard disk and it doesn't let me switch it back, I don't have the money to buy a new PC and I've looked everywhere and just can...
  6. How do I get this to stop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get this to stop?: I've been noticing for the past few months my pc has been goin on about my boot media, I go into BIOS and notice that it switches the boot manager to hard disk and it doesn't let me switch it back, I don't have the money to buy a new PC and I've looked everywhere and just can...
  7. How do I see the date of when an image was added on file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I see the date of when an image was added on file explorer?: I took some screenshots on some games and I am not sure how to see when they were taken, is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-the-date-of-when-an-image-was-added/da754ea1-c2a8-4ea0-91ff-a43777e4f5cd
  8. how do i stop ms notifications

how do i stop ms notifications: i keep incessantly receiving e mail messages ref my activities on ms - how do i stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-ms-notifications/bc9e3fa5-481c-4b9b-8918-1c468b0d7a58
  9. How can I stop getting this notification?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I stop getting this notification?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UDM_2004 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lcwgbe/how_can_i_stop_getting_this_notification/
  10. How to stop ads in notifications

How to stop ads in notifications: Stop ads in notifictions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-ads-in-notifications/91ac3133-0211-485d-8feb-90793a92f135"