Windows 10: How do I stop hacks from loading Start menu, and stop backups 100%..?

Discus and support How do I stop hacks from loading Start menu, and stop backups 100%..? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just installed 'CCleaner', then ran cleaner, then 'disk analyzer'.. CCleaner showed 1137 trackers, and 233 megabytes of garbage data, or more nearly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FN Princess, Nov 2, 2018.

1. How do I stop hacks from loading Start menu, and stop backups 100%..?

I just installed 'CCleaner', then ran cleaner, then 'disk analyzer'.. CCleaner showed 1137 trackers, and 233 megabytes of garbage data, or more nearly every time I connect to the Net and into YouTube.. Are there any files I can get CCleaner or uninstaller or regedit to delete to stop Microsoft Edge from making all kinds of duplicates, and from installing cookies and various other bits of tracker garbage, and from monitoring my Net-activities..? Are there registry entries I can delete to stop this silliness..?
    I'm running FireFox, so Edge shouldn't be applying and saving a couple thousand trackers and 100's of megabytes of junk per day.. What do I delete or reconfigure to stop Windows-10 in a Surface-1 from making backups and copies of all my Web activities..? I don't want nor need any backups nor copies what so ever.. I never use them.. They are useless to me.. They are just irritating garbage to get rid of throughout the day.. I know where I've been and what I've done, and besides, I always transfer everything new of the day to a flash drive, and then to an external hd at the end of each day, or throughout the day.. There is never ever any private data in this computer, save for Firefox's secure passwords, the background pix, a little music, a few videos, and a fake password file for the bully hackers to waste their time on.. Should I leave the house with the computer Net-connected, when I return a couple hours later, the Start menu is always up on the screen.. I suppose that means a hacker has been into it, stealing fake passwords, and gazing drooling at the nudie background pix, and desperately trying to find data on the many new sciences and the five new university courses I am developing and authoring, but all my science data is in three Linux OS's, in computers which never ever get connected to the Web.. I have even pulled the Net-cards from those computers.. They Can't be Net-connected.. What do I need to do to keep those unscrupulous childish thieving demons out of this Windows-10 surface computer, and to stop all the backups and duplicates from happening..?

I am told that Windows is full of engineered exploit holes.. Is that true..? If it is true, then why would someone do that to their buying public..? After all, it is the buying public whose money makes corporations work and grow and be.. It would be just silly and stupid to abuse ones precious paying clientele and customers, do yah think..? Is it those exploit holes the hacker uses to load the Start menu..?

Is there a Linux OS that will work well in a surface..? This Windows OS is just too porous.. Hackers can get into it way too easily.. Essentially this Windows OS doesn't seem to have any defense against experienced hackers.. Seems they can get in as easy as if they are sitting at my keyboard.. Can a Window-10 OS be made safe and secure..? I've run out of ideas to try to harden this Windows-10...

:)

FN Princess, Nov 2, 2018
  2. drpearl Win User

Start menu stopped working in Windows 10

The Start Menu on my copy of Windows 10 stopped working for no apparent reason. I have tried the suggested four steps above. The first three ran. The final one failed to run due to an error. The process did not fix the start menu. My Windows 10 computer
    is disabled and unusable. I need a solution ASAP.

drpearl, Nov 2, 2018
  3. Start menu stopped working in Windows 10

I installed Windows 10 last weekend. Everything was fine until this morning when the icon for the start menu stop working. I should say a left click on the icon no longer works so I don't see all my apps etc..... I can still left right click and get windows
    utilities and such.

I've read through some of the suggested solutions and tried some but nothing has worked. Does anyone have a definitive solution yet ? Any help would be appreciated

please i have the same problem right now....and i have try to use the steps as listed...but is requesting for administrator permission or privilege

Promise0nyekachi, Nov 2, 2018
  4. abasto Win User

How do I stop hacks from loading Start menu, and stop backups 100%..?

Cortana and Start Menu Stopped Working

Hello,

I am struggle a lot with Windows 10 honestly.
    So all of a sudden, Cortana stopped functioning and start menu stopped working.
    I have tried all steps and tweaks available out there to fix the issue beside changing the profile and backing up the entire user because I can't risk doing that and lose my files.
    So I tried restarting which Microsoft recommended including their start menu fix which resulted in nothing.
    Tried powershell command, no changes yet.
    Tried doing updates... NADA
    Tried creating a local administrator user and nothing yet.
    So I'm hoping there is someone who had similar issue and hopefully got that fixed.
    Please help me out from this mess.
    I honestly appreciate you for you're kind effor.
    Thanks

abasto, Nov 2, 2018
Thema:

How do I stop hacks from loading Start menu, and stop backups 100%..?

1. How do I stop hacks from loading Start menu, and stop backups 100%..? - Similar Threads - stop hacks loading

2. How do I stop the Start Menu from blocking my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the Start Menu from blocking my screen?: Upon opening my Start menu and attempting to open the Settings, my computer is now stuck permanently on the Start menu. Clicking does nothing, and none of the apps on my taskbar work. The menu acts as a wall, shielding any folders I open and any right click menus from my...
  3. How do I stop the Start Menu from blocking my screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop the Start Menu from blocking my screen?: Upon opening my Start menu and attempting to open the Settings, my computer is now stuck permanently on the Start menu. Clicking does nothing, and none of the apps on my taskbar work. The menu acts as a wall, shielding any folders I open and any right click menus from my...
  4. How do I stop the Start Menu from blocking my screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I stop a program from loading on startup

How do I stop a program from loading on startup: I recently signed up for Webex fot do a video talk with my doctor. Now every time I bootup in the morning, Webex appears on my toolbar. In their "settings" I click on and nothing appears. How do get it out of the auto Start up mode? I had in Regedit a favorites list the...
  6. How to stop Edge from loading ...

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Edge from loading ...: I do not use or need Edge. I want to stop it from automatically starting. I have tried the registry fix as well as the fix using gpedit.msc. When I restart, Edge is right there. How can I get it to stop preloading at startup? I am on Version 2004 OS Build 19041,264. Thanks...
  7. How Do I STOP Windows InCulture from loading at Startup ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How Do I STOP Windows InCulture from loading at Startup ?: I run Windows 10 O/S. Every time I turn on my computer I get this annoying screen whose only ID is windows.com/inculture. I have enough culture and do not want more forced upon me. How do I stop this thing from invading my computer ? Thank you, Richard S. 156694
  8. how do i stop the start menu from automatically expanding?

how do i stop the start menu from automatically expanding?: how do I stop the start menu from automatically expanding? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-start-menu-from-automatically/00396709-c79b-4848-a9a3-c71a138866f7
  9. How do stop Microsoft Teams from loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do stop Microsoft Teams from loading: I do not want or need Microsoft Teams to load at startup. How do you stop the auto-loading of Microsoft Teams? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-stop-microsoft-teams-from-loading/8cece685-12d9-4463-93a0-5fc4844ebb0c
  10. How to stop Start menu clutter

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Start menu clutter: I have searched the tutorials but cannot find how to stop the app clutter in the Start menu. I unpin them from the start menu and reduce the size of the menu itself but each time I reboot or start up the clutter is back as I don't want any of that to be visible because I do...