Windows 10: how do I stop having to log in with bitlocker recovery key after every reboot following...

Discus and support how do I stop having to log in with bitlocker recovery key after every reboot following... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had a new motherboard fitted and logged back in using bitlocker recovery key. now it asks for the recovery key after every reboot. How I can I reset... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by reality 893, Feb 1, 2021.

1. how do I stop having to log in with bitlocker recovery key after every reboot following...

I had a new motherboard fitted and logged back in using bitlocker recovery key. now it asks for the recovery key after every reboot. How I can I reset my pc so that I can use the password entry as usual?

:)

reality 893, Feb 1, 2021

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 1, 2021
  3. bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Feb 1, 2021
  4. how do I stop having to log in with bitlocker recovery key after every reboot following...

need to recovery my bitlocker key

Hello frankStilla, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the instructions down below and visit the URL and follow the different solutions.

If you want to make a backup of your BitLocker recovery key: Select the Start button, type BitLocker, select Manage BitLocker from the list of results, select Back up your recovery key, and follow the prompts for your preferred backup method.

Refer to:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402618...

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

how do I stop having to log in with bitlocker recovery key after every reboot following...

1. how do I stop having to log in with bitlocker recovery key after every reboot following... - Similar Threads - stop having log

2. I dont have a bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont have a bitlocker recovery key: I am trying to update my bios and intelme but it suggests i know my bitlocker recovery key. I am pretty sure i dont have one. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-bitlocker-recovery-key/71dfa93f-5168-4dd4-a90e-1c9d3f88efc0
  3. Bitlocker - recovery key on every restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker - recovery key on every restart: Hi There,I am using Windows surface 6 pro, today morning when i was trying to start my notebook, it asked for repair, when i start the repair it says unable to repair please reset your machine,When i try to do it was asking my bitlocker key i given and success. but its not...
  4. Bitlocker - recovery key on every restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker - recovery key on every restart: Hi There,I am using Windows surface 6 pro, today morning when i was trying to start my notebook, it asked for repair, when i start the repair it says unable to repair please reset your machine,When i try to do it was asking my bitlocker key i given and success. but its not...
  5. how do i use recovery key id to retrieve recovery key for bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i use recovery key id to retrieve recovery key for bitlocker: I have tried command prompt plenty of times and I cannot manage to bypass bitlocker nor will it give me my key to enter. I do not have a recovery key set up for my computer and all I have is a recovery key ID....
  6. I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key: I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-bitlocker-key-id-but-i-doesnt-have-a/499c14e1-e32c-465e-8e4f-79d93fa66e57"
  7. Bitlocker requires key on every reboot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bitlocker requires key on every reboot: Today my laptop (surface laptop 2) would not log in using face recognition, I tried using pin and password but I was unable to type anything. I did a restart. Upon restarting bitlocker asked for a key. I didn't know what bitlocker was. I was able to find my key and get into...
  8. I have a bitlocker recovery key problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a bitlocker recovery key problem: Dear Support team, I am having a bitlocker problem as follows: - I used bitlocker before to encrypt for my Windows 7, but after having a window problem I updated to window 10 and forgot to store the recovery key, I have lost the bitlocker recovery key and cannot re-open...
  9. Bitlocker Recovery Key Do I have a virus?

Bitlocker Recovery Key Do I have a virus?: Turned off last night, and this morning I have a Bitlocker screen. It does not say BITLOCKER RECOVERY. only BITLOCKER. None of the support suggestions work nor can I get any other screen. I downloaded a Microsoft game last night, maybe it was a virus? I've had this...
  10. How do I obtain the Bitlocker recovery key?

How do I obtain the Bitlocker recovery key?: On turning on, my Dell laptop said it had no system time. On trying to find a solution, I ended up on a page called 'Bitlocker', asking me to enter the 'recovery key', which also gave me a key ID. It advised to retrieve key by going to...