Windows 10: How do i stop hearing myself through my microphone?

Discus and support How do i stop hearing myself through my microphone? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've searched this issue up online, but every time i find someone else asking the same question, the answer is either too vague, or non-existent.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NinjaPuppy909, Jul 5, 2020.

1. How do i stop hearing myself through my microphone?

I've searched this issue up online, but every time i find someone else asking the same question, the answer is either too vague, or non-existent.

submitted by /u/NinjaPuppy909
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NinjaPuppy909, Jul 5, 2020

2. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Wingo101 Win User
    How do I overclock my system?

Can somebody please tell me step by step, how I can overclock my CPU to get good results but still a very stable system.

Have a look at my specs.

Wingo101, Jul 5, 2020
  4. How do i stop hearing myself through my microphone?

I can hear myself with a 1 second delay in my headset.

I'm having the most annoying problem.

I can hear myself through my headset. To specify the "Listen to this device" box is not selected. I have gone through all of my sound settings, the person I was voice chatting with was also using a headset so it was not his mic picking up my speech through
    his speakers. I'm at a total loss here and I'm not a computer setting illiterate person.

ChrisCoville, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

How do i stop hearing myself through my microphone?

1. How do i stop hearing myself through my microphone? - Similar Threads - stop hearing myself

2. Anything i try to stop hearing myself through mic hasn't helped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anything i try to stop hearing myself through mic hasn't helped: i opened my sound pannel and my "listen to this device" was already turned off and i muted the microphone under my headsets properties. But i still hear myself through my mic. What do i do?...
  3. Anything i try to stop hearing myself through mic hasn't helped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anything i try to stop hearing myself through mic hasn't helped: i opened my sound pannel and my "listen to this device" was already turned off and i muted the microphone under my headsets properties. But i still hear myself through my mic. What do i do?...
  4. How do I stop hearing myself when my microphone is accessed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop hearing myself when my microphone is accessed?: when my mic is accessed i always hear myself. can anyone help please?***** moved from german to english Community ***** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-hearing-myself-when-my-microphone-is/9c54c7a8-9cc8-4d39-a131-856517bcafd9
  5. How do I stop hearing myself when my microphone is accessed?

How do I stop hearing myself when my microphone is accessed?: when my mic is accessed i always hear myself. can anyone help please?***** moved from german to english Community ***** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-hearing-myself-when-my-microphone-is/9c54c7a8-9cc8-4d39-a131-856517bcafd9
  6. I can hear myself through my headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can hear myself through my headset: Hey, I got a new headset recently Steelseries Arctis 5 and I tried to use it on my PC just now but I can hear myself whenever my mic is plugged in, I have listen to this device off and I can't find anyway to fix the problem...
  7. I can hear myself through my headset

I can hear myself through my headset: Hey, I got a new headset recently Steelseries Arctis 5 and I tried to use it on my PC just now but I can hear myself whenever my mic is plugged in, I have listen to this device off and I can't find anyway to fix the problem...
  8. I can hear myself through my headset

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Cant hear myself with external microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant hear myself with external microphone: I have a blue yeti nano microphone that i plug my headphones into. I like being able to hear myself speak, so I keep my input sound at around 30%. All of a sudden I cannot hear myself. Other people can still hear me, but I dont know what to do. I've restarted my pc, reset the...
  10. I hear myself through my headset.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hear myself through my headset.: Hello, i've had a problem before that i hear myself through my headset. Its not an echo its just live & without delay. Its like talking into a microhphone with speakers around you. I couldn't find a fix 1 year ago so i rolled back to an old windows because no1 was able to...