Windows 10: HOW DO I STOP KEYBOARD MAKING SOUNDS WHEN I TYPE

Discus and support HOW DO I STOP KEYBOARD MAKING SOUNDS WHEN I TYPE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; FOR SOME REASON MY KEYBOARD STATRED MAKING A SOUND WHEN I PRESS ON KEYS TO TYPE.HOW DO I STOP THISN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RichardLeBlanc1, Jun 23, 2019.

1. HOW DO I STOP KEYBOARD MAKING SOUNDS WHEN I TYPE

FOR SOME REASON MY KEYBOARD STATRED MAKING A SOUND WHEN I PRESS ON KEYS TO TYPE.HOW DO I STOP THISN

:)

RichardLeBlanc1, Jun 23, 2019

2. SOUND FOR TYPING KEYS?

Hi Richard,

The option to play key sound as a user type is available in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 settings. The steps on how to enable the option will depend on the make and model of the device. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the
    following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Is the option "Hear click sounds while typing" available in Gmail and Yahoo mail's settings?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you manually update your keyboard driver. This
    link provides further information on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Darshan J Win User
    When numlock is on, my desktop keyboard types numbers instead of letters

Hello Vicky,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    This issue might occur if function key in the keyboard is enabled. So as an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the function key in the key board and make sure that it is not enabled.

If the issue still persists you can run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Suggest you to follow the steps below and run the
    Hardware and Device
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next" button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

HOW DO I STOP KEYBOARD MAKING SOUNDS WHEN I TYPE

all typing has pinging sound

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with sound while typing on keyboard.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the computer?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Damaged hardware.

2. Corrupt keyboard driver.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to connect an external keyboard and check if the issue persists or not.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest keyboard driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

HOW DO I STOP KEYBOARD MAKING SOUNDS WHEN I TYPE

1. HOW DO I STOP KEYBOARD MAKING SOUNDS WHEN I TYPE - Similar Threads - STOP KEYBOARD MAKING

2. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  3. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  4. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I stop the windows sound when I type?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the windows sound when I type?: When I open an app afterwards when I type I keep hearing the windows sound it can be temporally fixed by minimizing pushing keys then clicking. This most often happens when I play games, could it be a navigation thing because it mainly happens when I try to use wasd....
  6. How do I stop the windows sound when I type?

How do I stop the windows sound when I type?: When I open an app afterwards when I type I keep hearing the windows sound it can be temporally fixed by minimizing pushing keys then clicking. This most often happens when I play games, could it be a navigation thing because it mainly happens when I try to use wasd....
  7. Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing: When I type on my keyboard, usually nothing happens and I type as normal. But nowadays, my laptop makes weird clicking noises audio only whenever I type. Though it doesn't really effect my experience, it's very disrupting and annoying. Like when I start typing, my laptop...
  8. Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing: When I type on my keyboard, usually nothing happens and I type as normal. But nowadays, my laptop makes weird clicking noises audio only whenever I type. Though it doesn't really effect my experience, it's very disrupting and annoying. Like when I start typing, my laptop...
  9. Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing

10. How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type?: Hello, I have a Microsoft K350 wireless keyboard. How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-keys-not-make-the-typing-sound-as/16e1fa83-9515-4797-9ab4-8c902a28c133

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop your keyboard from making sounds when you tip