Windows 10: How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over....

Discus and support How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over.... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every single fucking time there's any kind of update, my LAN gets disabled. See details here: Network Computers are Not Visible in Windows 10 I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sqrly, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Sqrly Win User

How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over....

Every single fucking time there's any kind of update, my LAN gets disabled.

See details here: Network Computers are Not Visible in Windows 10

I all have to do is open Winaero Tweaker and click a box (instead of opening services and scrolling down to "Function Discovery Resource Publication service" and setting it back to automatic) but dammit, it has gotten beyond annoying.

Is there a way to do something like 'take ownership of a process' and prevent anyone, especially M$, from making changes?

:)

Sqrly, Nov 9, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Nov 9, 2018
  3. [Windows 10] Sign in to Microsoft Account Issue

Hi,

This issue could occur due to some incorrect settings. I would suggest you to first check if there is any proxy connection setup in your PC. If yes, disable it temporarily and check if the issue persists. To disable proxy, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key +R and type 'inetcpl.cpl'.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
    • Uncheck the option “Use a Proxy Server for your LAN”.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save changes.

Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Nov 9, 2018
  4. RevengE Win User

Building a LAN rig

well guys I want to build a rig just for LANS I want it to be nvidia seeing that I'm an amd/ati guy I want to switch it up a bit I just want it to be a midrange system nothing too expensive any suggestions or full lists that you come up with would be awesome!

RevengE, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over.... - Similar Threads - stop disabling LAN

2. Windows 11 Stops Responding Over and Over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Stops Responding Over and Over: Hello,Not sure where to start. I have a new Windows 11 laptop. Lately I am having issues where it stops responding this gets worse and worse. When this started, it was only happening with my email program, Mozilla Thunderbird. Thunderbird still stops responding every time an...
  3. Windows 11 Stops Responding Over and Over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Stops Responding Over and Over: Hello,Not sure where to start. I have a new Windows 11 laptop. Lately I am having issues where it stops responding this gets worse and worse. When this started, it was only happening with my email program, Mozilla Thunderbird. Thunderbird still stops responding every time an...
  4. automatically restarting...over and over and over...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatically restarting...over and over and over...: I came back to my computer after it had been downloading a game from Steam. It goes from the screen in the image and then does it over and over. I can stop the cycle, but when I turn it on, it resumes the procedure. I only see the Acer and blue screen. Anyone have any idea...
  5. automatically restarting...over and over and over...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    automatically restarting...over and over and over...: I came back to my computer after it had been downloading a game from Steam. It goes from the screen in the image and then does it over and over. I can stop the cycle, but when I turn it on, it resumes the procedure. I only see the Acer and blue screen. Anyone have any idea...
  6. 100% disk usage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

100% disk usage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...: It happens over and over and over and over. I do everything you folks tell me, and everything else I find on the internet. It still happens over and over and over and over and over. You can't fix it on your end OR tell us a fix? Who do we ask, if not the people who make the...
  7. How can I stop my printer from printing the same pages over and over?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I stop my printer from printing the same pages over and over?: How can I stop my printer from printing the same pages over and over? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-my-printer-from-printing-the-same/27081c28-c25c-46ac-810a-5a6b2800e82d
  8. File sharing over LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing over LAN: I am wondering if it is possible to share files over the LAN for specific users on 2 computers in my network? I can't seem to do what I need to do. Anyhow, this is the setup: 2 Windows 10 computers connected by ethernet cables to the same modem / router. (I am at home and...
  9. Win 10 ate my Desktop, over and over and over and over and.....

Win 10 ate my Desktop, over and over and over and over and.....: the 5/14 W10 Home update installed on Wednesday 5/15. Since that time, every reboot causes my entire desktop to reset, including the taskbar. All icons are gone except Win defaults (Recycle, Edge, etc.), same with taskbar. Edge comes up with the initial new user screen as...
  10. How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over....: Every single time there's any kind of update, my LAN gets disabled. See details here: Network Computers are Not Visible in Windows 10 All I have to do is open Winaero Tweaker and click a box (instead of opening services and scrolling down to "Function Discovery Resource...