Windows 10: How Do I Stop META REFRESH In Edge

Discus and support How Do I Stop META REFRESH In Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; all my news sites /news aggregators around the web keep refreshing every 30 seconds (especially Drudge Report) how do i stop it in Edge or at least... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by AmateurITGuy, Nov 16, 2019.

1. How Do I Stop META REFRESH In Edge

all my news sites /news aggregators around the web keep refreshing every 30 seconds (especially Drudge Report) how do i stop it in Edge or at least minimize it to once every ten minutes ?

p.s.- I've read elswhere that other browsers have the ability, or an extension to disable this, so why not Edge ? ; and also noticed that they have only a True/ False attribute to toggle, but no attribute options such as Always(30 sec.)/Occasionally(2min..)/Hardly Ever(10 min.)/Never(Off) - rather than just true or false, Any extensions out there with this ability ?

:)

AmateurITGuy, Nov 16, 2019
  2. TinaEB Win User

edge browser refresh issue

Since a few days ago my edge browser keeps refreshing while on a site like facebook or linkedin. I turned off the auto meta refresh option as someone suggested and deleted cookies but it still does it. It's really frustrating that while in the midst of doing
    something the page refreshes by itself.

what is causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks

Tina

TinaEB, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Nov 16, 2019
  4. tcebob Win User

How Do I Stop META REFRESH In Edge

What are [[meta]] [[meta-new]] files?

[[meta]]
    or[[meta-new]]

That's exactly what I saw, at the top of the filename list. Not all directories, just system. Nothing happens when I click on them. Now, after a few updates and reboots, they seem to have gone away. So I can't provide a screen shot. As far as I can tell they have nothing to do with a metafile.

tcebob, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

How Do I Stop META REFRESH In Edge

1. How Do I Stop META REFRESH In Edge - Similar Threads - Stop META REFRESH

2. How do I stop Microsoft Edge from doing anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Microsoft Edge from doing anything?: Having just reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer I now have that totally annoying Microsoft Edge back as well. I know there was a way to disable it but I can't find that information again. Can someone please tell me how to go about disabling Edge as deleting it isn't really...
  3. How do I stop Microsoft Edge from doing anything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Microsoft Edge from doing anything?: Having just reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer I now have that totally annoying Microsoft Edge back as well. I know there was a way to disable it but I can't find that information again. Can someone please tell me how to go about disabling Edge as deleting it isn't really...
  4. How do I stop Microsoft Edge from doing anything?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do i stop the automatic updates of edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop the automatic updates of edge: Listen up Microsoft. " I DONT WANT EDGE ON MY COMPUTER" I am so pissed off with EDGE continually updating on my computer. I DONT WANT IT. Every week it automatically updates on my computer and makes itself the default browser. When i revert back to my Google Chrome I loose...
  6. How do i stop the automatic updates of edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop the automatic updates of edge: Listen up Microsoft. " I DONT WANT EDGE ON MY COMPUTER" I am so pissed off with EDGE continually updating on my computer. I DONT WANT IT. Every week it automatically updates on my computer and makes itself the default browser. When i revert back to my Google Chrome I loose...
  7. How do i stop the automatic updates of edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How do I stop opening Microsoft Edge

How do I stop opening Microsoft Edge: Title says it all, I'm having issues and keep opening the program up instinctively, is there a way to prevent me from dong so short of turning off the computer?...
  9. how do I stop Edge from autostarting?

how do I stop Edge from autostarting?: I do not wish to use Edge. how do I stop Edge from autostarting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-edge-from-autostarting/96461f40-fb06-469b-a2ad-0cc1ab76850e
  10. How do I stop Edge from opening ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop Edge from opening ?: Edge browser opens at boot up or even when I wake my PC from sleep. I can’t figure out how to stop this. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Collierfiber2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khsyd7/how_do_i_stop_edge_from_opening/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop drudge refresh in edge

2. stop drudge report refreshing edge

3. stop auto refresh edge

4. meta refresh edge,
  5. stop meta refresh edge,
  6. disable meta refresh in edge