Windows 10: How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?

Discus and support How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every now and then, Microsoft 10 removes my most Recent apps used from the menu that pops up when I use the search field near the lower left corner to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jherara, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Jherara Win User

How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?

Every now and then, Microsoft 10 removes my most Recent apps used from the menu that pops up when I use the search field near the lower left corner to display notifications about trying some product or AI copilot. When I close the pop-up, it then replaces my Recent apps with either a list of commonly used apps or bars that display common questions with a magnifier icon at the end of each.How do I stop this from happening? Every single time, I have to then have to either X out every question and then re-open my actual Recent used apps to just have quick access restored to me. It's such a huge w

:)

Jherara, Apr 22, 2024
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Apr 22, 2024
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 22, 2024
  4. 3ND
    3nd Win User

How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?

Ai removal

How to remove Bing AI in Microsoft Edge?

Thema:

1. How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents? - Similar Threads - stop Microsoft advertising

2. How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?: Every now and then, Microsoft 10 removes my most Recent apps used from the menu that pops up when I use the search field near the lower left corner to display notifications about trying some product or AI copilot. When I close the pop-up, it then replaces my Recent apps with...
  3. How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Microsoft advertising and prompts to use AI from removing my Recents?: Every now and then, Microsoft 10 removes my most Recent apps used from the menu that pops up when I use the search field near the lower left corner to display notifications about trying some product or AI copilot. When I close the pop-up, it then replaces my Recent apps with...
  4. How do i remove the "copilot" ai thing on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove the "copilot" ai thing on my taskbar: How do i remove the AI app named "co-pilot" that has randomly appeared on my taskbar? I have attempted the normal ways, like going through the settings app, or rightclicking the icon. No such option exists. How do i get rid of this ai that i DID NOT ask to be on my computer....
  5. How do i remove the "copilot" ai thing on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i remove the "copilot" ai thing on my taskbar: How do i remove the AI app named "co-pilot" that has randomly appeared on my taskbar? I have attempted the normal ways, like going through the settings app, or rightclicking the icon. No such option exists. How do i get rid of this ai that i DID NOT ask to be on my computer....
  6. How do I remove a .bak file from "Recent"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a .bak file from "Recent"?: I have Windows 11 Home on my laptop. I did a "save as" for a picture that I saved years ago in my ACDSee program in order to purchase a coffee mug on the internet. I cropped the picture as needed. After uploading the picture to the mug website, I deleted the "save as" file as...
  7. How do I delete Microsoft advertisement on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete Microsoft advertisement on my computer: How can I delete Microsoft on my email?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-microsoft-advertisement-on-my/3b0faab6-ce31-4ddb-a87b-ed96ec75d8a0
  8. How do I delete Microsoft advertisement on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete Microsoft advertisement on my computer: How can I delete Microsoft on my email?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-microsoft-advertisement-on-my/3b0faab6-ce31-4ddb-a87b-ed96ec75d8a0
  9. How do I delete Microsoft advertisement on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How do I remove these advertisements for OneDrive, Edge, and Rewards from Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove these advertisements for OneDrive, Edge, and Rewards from Settings: [ATTACH] I recently opened settings and noticed I was unhelpfully greeted with these advertisements at the top of my settings app. I use better and more secure third-party tools for backup and web browsing, and have zero interest in allowing anyone to datamine my computer...