Windows 10: How do I stop microsoft edge and chromium from installing on my computer?

Discus and support How do I stop microsoft edge and chromium from installing on my computer? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I stop microsoft edge and chromium from installing on my computer? Dose it several times a month, I delete them both after they have installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by angie_G75, Jun 10, 2020.

1. angie_G75 Win User

How do I stop microsoft edge and chromium from installing on my computer?

How do I stop microsoft edge and chromium from installing on my computer? Dose it several times a month, I delete them both after they have installed without my permission. Then my Chrome browser wont open.... so frustrating!

:)

angie_G75, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Ramhound Win User

Chromium based Microsoft Edge

Windows 10 19H1 is going to be released in May. Chromium Microsoft Edge isn’t going to be released in May.

Chromium Microsoft Edge will be installed independently from either 1905 (May 2019 Update/19H1) or 1910 (October 2019 Update/19H2) or any future Windows 10 feature update.

While Chromium Microsoft Edge has indeed been leaked and it can indeed be installed today, it’s not really functional, and it can only be downloaded from an unofficial source. Since I don’t trust the source, I won’t be providing it, and encourage you to simply signup for Chromium Microsoft Edge testing through Microsoft here.

You can download the Insider Preview build of Chromium Microsoft Edge here

Ramhound, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Change the Region for Microsoft Edge Chromium

I live in the US but gonna move. I’d like to know how I can change the region for Microsoft Edge Chromium?
    MicrosoftEdge_X64_75.0.111.0

**Original Title**

Microsoft Edge Chromium

Brian Rices, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I stop microsoft edge and chromium from installing on my computer? - Similar Threads - stop microsoft edge

2. How do I remove Microsoft Edge from my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove Microsoft Edge from my computer.: Edge is garbage and I do not like Microsoft's authoritarian force of use. Edge Sucks so much and I want it off my computer. So much so, I started looking into Non-Microsoft operating systems....
  3. How do I remove Microsoft Edge from my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove Microsoft Edge from my computer.: Edge is garbage and I do not like Microsoft's authoritarian force of use. Edge Sucks so much and I want it off my computer. So much so, I started looking into Non-Microsoft operating systems....
  4. How do I stop Microsoft Edge from doing anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Microsoft Edge from doing anything?: Having just reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer I now have that totally annoying Microsoft Edge back as well. I know there was a way to disable it but I can't find that information again. Can someone please tell me how to go about disabling Edge as deleting it isn't really...
  5. How do I stop Microsoft Edge from doing anything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Microsoft Edge from doing anything?: Having just reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer I now have that totally annoying Microsoft Edge back as well. I know there was a way to disable it but I can't find that information again. Can someone please tell me how to go about disabling Edge as deleting it isn't really...
  6. How do I stop Microsoft Edge from doing anything?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to stop Edge Chromium phoning home?

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Edge Chromium phoning home?: Windows 21H1 (OS Build 19043.110) OOSU10 latest CCleaner latest PrivaZer latest After installing KB5004237 Edge Chromium is phoning home and I do know how to stop it Any suggestion? Thanks 182559
  8. How to block Microsoft Edge Chromium from installing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to block Microsoft Edge Chromium from installing on Windows 10: [ATTACH]As a Windows 10 user, for some reason, if you do not wish to install the new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser on your machine, then […] This article How to block Microsoft Edge Chromium from installing on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/XpenEnvy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fix13r/how_to_uninstall_microsoft_edge_chromium/
  10. How do I get notifications from the chromium version of Microsoft Edge (Microsoft Edge Beta)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get notifications from the chromium version of Microsoft Edge (Microsoft Edge Beta)?: I wanna get YouTube notifications from the chromium version of Microsoft Edge (Microsoft Edge Beta) but the app doesn't show on the "Get notifications from these senders" list. Does anyone know a way to get notifications from Microsoft Edge Beta?...