Windows 10: How do I stop Microsoft forcing me to log-in computer with micorosft account on Windows 11 ?

Discus and support How do I stop Microsoft forcing me to log-in computer with micorosft account on Windows 11 ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Certain random days after booting up my windows PC used for Gaming and Rending Art which is my own build and isn't owned by Microsoft, that is , it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by זנהאינטרנשיונל, Jan 30, 2023.

1. How do I stop Microsoft forcing me to log-in computer with micorosft account on Windows 11 ?

Certain random days after booting up my windows PC used for Gaming and Rending Art which is my own build and isn't owned by Microsoft, that is , it isnt Microsoft Hardware like Surface etc.. A white nag screen since I have my Windows in dark mode comes blasting at me in my face forcing me to use a Microsoft ID on this computer when I do not want to. I only want to log in with a Local account for that PC. How do I disable this please ? ... It has now decreased the delay "another time" to 3 days now ... until they lock me out from using the computer ? What the hell ? I don't want it and I don

:)

זנהאינטרנשיונל, Jan 30, 2023
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I stop Microsoft forcing me to log-in computer with micorosft account on Windows 11 ? :(

Zakin, Jan 30, 2023
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Jan 30, 2023
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How do I stop Microsoft forcing me to log-in computer with micorosft account on Windows 11 ?

Logging in to Win 11 with Microsoft Account

Hi MengHuan1

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

It is true that you need to use a Microsoft Account to set up Windows 11, but you can then change that account back to a local account not associated to a Microsoft Account after Windows 11 is set up.

Open the Settings App, then go to Accounts - Your Info

There, you should find an option to 'Stop using this account to automatically log into apps'

Selecting that option will change the account to a local account.

DaveM121, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

How do I stop Microsoft forcing me to log-in computer with micorosft account on Windows 11 ?

1. How do I stop Microsoft forcing me to log-in computer with micorosft account on Windows 11 ? - Similar Threads - stop Microsoft forcing

2. how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11: how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-system-from-trying-to-force-me/48db92dd-b37a-44c8-8ff5-40348f159f80
  3. how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11: how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-system-from-trying-to-force-me/48db92dd-b37a-44c8-8ff5-40348f159f80
  4. how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I stop Microsoft forcing me to log-in computer with micorosft account on Windows 11 ?

How do I stop Microsoft forcing me to log-in computer with micorosft account on Windows 11 ?: Certain random days after booting up my windows PC used for Gaming and Rending Art which is my own build and isn't owned by Microsoft, that is , it isnt Microsoft Hardware like Surface etc.. A white nag screen since I have my Windows in dark mode comes blasting at me in my...
  6. Forced to log into computer with Microsoft account instead of original password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to log into computer with Microsoft account instead of original password: I don't understand why I was not given a single heads up about this being forced upon my computer without my consent. Sure, it could have been in some obscure clause somewhere in the many agreements we all never bother to read through. But who in the world thought this was...
  7. Forced to log into computer with Microsoft account instead of original password

Forced to log into computer with Microsoft account instead of original password: I don't understand why I was not given a single heads up about this being forced upon my computer without my consent. Sure, it could have been in some obscure clause somewhere in the many agreements we all never bother to read through. But who in the world thought this was...
  8. Windows is forcing me to update to 2004, how do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is forcing me to update to 2004, how do I stop this?: I am currently on 1903, I know support is going to end soon so I wanted to try to update to 1909 since it is not that big of a change. However, Windows is forcing me to download and install version 2004. Is there anyway I can get rid of the download and make it download 1909...
  9. How do I stop Windows from trying to force me to a Microsoft Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I stop Windows from trying to force me to a Microsoft Account?: Hi guys, I set up WIndows 10 20H2 on a newly bought PC. Now Windows is trying to force me to use a Microsoft account. This always worked without one on my old PC - which ran Windows 10 20H2 as well. What do I have to do to make Windows stop showing me "reminder" messages...
  10. How can I get it to stop forcing me to do Windows 10 updates on my Computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I get it to stop forcing me to do Windows 10 updates on my Computer?: Every time I turn around, I get this 'nagging' thing in my Notifications Center (Or whatever you call it) trying to get me to allow them to do another update for 'improvements' onto my computer. But honestly, every time they do this, something new doesn't work any longer on...