Windows 10: How do I stop Microsoft from sending me constant notifications to insert CD/DVD or USB to...

Discus and support How do I stop Microsoft from sending me constant notifications to insert CD/DVD or USB to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There is lots of info on the internet as to how to backup to OneDrive but nothing that explains how to stop Microsoft from sending constant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fuddle-duddle, Jun 10, 2024.

1. How do I stop Microsoft from sending me constant notifications to insert CD/DVD or USB to...

There is lots of info on the internet as to how to backup to OneDrive but nothing that explains how to stop Microsoft from sending constant notifications to backup to CD/DVD or whatever. I'm aware I can turn off ALL Microsoft notifications for security and maintenance but obviously that would not be a good idea. All I am trying to do is stop their annoying notifications about backing up to a disc or whatever. l will be most grateful for any advice offered.

:)

fuddle-duddle, Jun 10, 2024

2. Windows only recognized DVD Drive when Music CD or Software CD/DVD inserted.

I ran this troubleshooter from the control panel just like the steps you dictated above. It told me to restart which I did, nothing changed. I ran it again and it found nothing. There are no error messages. If I insert a software DVD, it displays a notification
    for a few seconds. If I don't click on the notification it never opens the DVD. When I go into Explorer, the CD/DVD drive "D" on this computer is not available. When I insert a blank DVD or CD, it never gives me the option of formatting the disc and the
    DVD drive is not displayed as an option so I can't even send files to the drive to force it to offer me formatting choices. Music CDs will play and iTunes finds them. Software DVDs will open IF I click on the notification and select "View Files".

When I view the Device Manager, the Drive shows and its status is functioning normally.

BJWalker Jr, Jun 10, 2024
  3. Cannot burn songs to CD inserted already on to computer Error: insert a blank cd

Hi

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• Are you trying to Burn Music on to the DVD inserted?

• “Only 5 songs on the cd” is it a Read/ Write disk or a Normal disk (copy write CD)?

Let me inform you, if you have a Normal disk with 5songs burnt and saved you will not be able to Burn the new songs again. Until and unless the disk inserted is a Read/ Write CD.

Put an empty disk in the drive open my computer and double click on the CD inserted. And check for the status of the CD, if its CD/DVD-RW drive, if any files appear in explorer greyed out then delete them by clicking "Delete these temporary files".

I suggest you to follow the below steps to fix the issue.

Method 1: if you are trying to copy the songs to CD, follow the below steps.

If the CD is copy right protected. You will not be able to copy songs to the computer if the CD is copy right protected.

Also try to clear the burn list if any old list of songs available and try to copy again and see if it helps.

Method 2: Windows media player settings troubleshooter

Also try the Windows media player settings troubleshooter and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
          Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting
          and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Windows media player settings
          and follow the prompts.

Reference:

Burn and rip CDs - Microsoft Support

Redirecting

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Jun 10, 2024
  4. How do I stop Microsoft from sending me constant notifications to insert CD/DVD or USB to...

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jun 10, 2024
Thema:

How do I stop Microsoft from sending me constant notifications to insert CD/DVD or USB to...

1. How do I stop Microsoft from sending me constant notifications to insert CD/DVD or USB to... - Similar Threads - stop Microsoft sending

2. How do I stop Microsoft from sending me constant notifications to insert CD/DVD or USB to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Microsoft from sending me constant notifications to insert CD/DVD or USB to...: There is lots of info on the internet as to how to backup to OneDrive but nothing that explains how to stop Microsoft from sending constant notifications to backup to CD/DVD or whatever. I'm aware I can turn off ALL Microsoft notifications for security and maintenance but...
  3. How do I stop Microsoft from sending me constant notifications to insert CD/DVD or USB to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Microsoft from sending me constant notifications to insert CD/DVD or USB to...: There is lots of info on the internet as to how to backup to OneDrive but nothing that explains how to stop Microsoft from sending constant notifications to backup to CD/DVD or whatever. I'm aware I can turn off ALL Microsoft notifications for security and maintenance but...
  4. How do I stop the constant notifications bottom right from Norton?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the constant notifications bottom right from Norton?: "Turn App Notifications On of Off" does not show my Norton program. How do I tell Windows to stop sliding in notifications from Norton on the bottom right side of my screen?...
  5. How do I stop the constant notifications bottom right from Norton?

How do I stop the constant notifications bottom right from Norton?: "Turn App Notifications On of Off" does not show my Norton program. How do I tell Windows to stop sliding in notifications from Norton on the bottom right side of my screen?...
  6. External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted: My external DVD player is detected on Windows 10 when plugged in, but when I insert a CD or DVD it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting with no reason. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with only one usb port. It actually worked the first time I used it, but now it doesn't if...
  7. how do i add on a microsoft external cd/dvd/?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i add on a microsoft external cd/dvd/?: how do i add on an external cd/dvd/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-on-a-microsoft-external-cddvd/a340ef6c-50cd-4fce-969b-a464b9125708
  8. How do I erase a CD/DVD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I erase a CD/DVD?: I came across a few cd's with some photos and music on it. I copied all of the photos to my usb stick and I was wondering how to erase the files on the CD. I would also like to know if there is anyway I can copy the music from the cd onto my computer. Thank you! submitted...
  9. How do I send notifications?

How do I send notifications?: I installed Windows 10 and visited a site and suddenly I was getting Windows 10 Notifications whenever a new blogpost was added. I noticed that this notification is controlled through Chrome. It never asked for permission. How does this work? I'd like to use it for my...
  10. Auto play on inserting a dvd or cd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Auto play on inserting a dvd or cd: Good evening to all. I decided to make an image of my C drive on my windows ten spare laptop,Using the free Macrium Reflect software. followed all the info on how to proceed with the software,It all went well I burnt the recovery disc as directed. Now this is where...