Windows 10: How do I stop Microsoft from storing app usage data even with ALL activity history settings...

Discus and support How do I stop Microsoft from storing app usage data even with ALL activity history settings... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ITtLEaLLen [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ITtLEaLLen, Jun 26, 2020.

1. How do I stop Microsoft from storing app usage data even with ALL activity history settings...

/u/ITtLEaLLen, Jun 26, 2020

2. Internet data usage

Hi Weon,

It is possible that some of your apps are causing this issue. Some apps are automatically set to do automatic updates. Just to be sure, we recommend that you check the
    Task Manager for apps that might be consuming your data when you are using your computer. To do so, kindly do the following steps:

• Type task manager on the search bar.
    • Click on Task Manager.
    • Click on App history.

Check each app's network activity and network usage for tile updates. If there are apps that are consuming your data even though you're not using them, kindly check and change their update settings. Also, what are the steps that you took to disable the Windows
    Update?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Microsoft to Introduce Telemetry Data Viewer for Windows

Remember all that talk and noise regarding Microsoft's "automagical" telemetry data collection, and how that spurred the company to create a "telemetry-less" version of its Windows 10 operating system for the Chinese market? It seems Microsoft is keen to keep giving users more information on exactly what information is gathered and when - slowly but assuredly striving for greater transparency, and looking to garner increased trust from consumers and enterprises alike.

The much awaited capability is being baked in to the next major Windows 10 release, and Microsoft is giving Windows Insiders an early preview of the Windows Diagnostic Data Viewer utility. Adding to this new utility are some changes to the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard that will enable users to see and manage more data associated with their Microsoft accounts. Available to everyone in the Microsoft Store, the Diagnostic Data Viewer is separate from the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard, and "allows you to see, search, and take action with your diagnostic data." It's not clear yet what sort of telemetry features users will be able to stop Microsoft from collecting, if any. However, at least now you'll be able to look at exactly which processes and services are collecting data form your system. The diagnostic data that will be viewable in the new utility follows.

How do I stop Microsoft from storing app usage data even with ALL activity history settings... yDvisPRlBWJ8AKA6_thm.jpg

• Common Data, like the Operating System's name, the Version, Device ID, Device Class, Diagnostic level selection and so on.
    • Device Connectivity and Configuration such as device properties and capabilities, preferences and settings, peripherals, and device network information.
    • Product and Service Performance data that show device health, performance and reliability data, movie consumption functionality on the device and device file queries. It's important to note that this functionality is not intended to capture user viewing or, listening habits.
    • Product and Service Usage data includes details about the usage of the device, operating system, applications, and services.
    • Software Setup and Inventory such as installed applications and install history, device update information.
    Microsoft Privacy Dashboard
    Updates to the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard include a new Activity History page, which aims to provide a clear and easy to navigate way to see the data that is saved with users' Microsoft accounts. The Microsoft Privacy Dashboard further allows users to manage their data and change what data is collected by adjusting the privacy settings on their devices or browser at any time.

In the coming months, Microsoft will keep the slow roll-out of additional features that will allow users to:
    • View and manage media consumption data, as well as product and service activity on the Activity History page
    • Export for any of the data you see on the dashboard
    • Delete specific items to allow for greater individual control

Raevenlord, Jun 26, 2020
  4. How do I stop Microsoft from storing app usage data even with ALL activity history settings...

Data Usage and App History

Data Usage under settings is not showing anything? Also App History under Task Manager is not showing anything? Diagnostic Police Service cannot be run, it says: Access is denied!?

DejanMalinski, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop Microsoft from storing app usage data even with ALL activity history settings...

1. How do I stop Microsoft from storing app usage data even with ALL activity history settings... - Similar Threads - stop Microsoft storing

2. Microsoft store history apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store history apps: Hi guys,I wrongly Reset the Microsoft Store because it didn't work. now its working but the download history is not available deleted is there anyway to see the download history/ apps that i had before?Thank you...
  3. how do i stop Microsoft store from stopping downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop Microsoft store from stopping downloads: Whenever I try and download something The Microsoft store stops the download saying that this app isn't in the Microsoft store and I don't know how to stop this from happening....
  4. how do i stop Microsoft store from stopping downloads

how do i stop Microsoft store from stopping downloads: Whenever I try and download something The Microsoft store stops the download saying that this app isn't in the Microsoft store and I don't know how to stop this from happening....
  5. How do I know my Microsoft store install history for apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I know my Microsoft store install history for apps?: How do I know my Microsoft store install history for apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-my-microsoft-store-install-history/0439bc22-df54-4807-be01-f252429604ff
  6. How do I know my Microsoft store install history for apps?

How do I know my Microsoft store install history for apps?: How do I know my Microsoft store install history for apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-my-microsoft-store-install-history/0439bc22-df54-4807-be01-f252429604ff
  7. Delete all data from a Microsoft Store downloaded app.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Delete all data from a Microsoft Store downloaded app.: Hi,I've downloaded the Facebook messenger app from Microsoft store and suddenly I'm logged on automatically and some data seems to be saved such as when i right-click on the program on the taskbar i get a list of friends see attachment even though I'm logged out.Is there a...
  8. Data Usage and App History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data Usage and App History: Windows 10 Home 20H2 19042.844 Hello. I'm having these two issues which may be related. There is no network showing up in the drop down menu that I can select. If I try to switch it on, it goes back to off when I leave the page. App History is also not working. So far I...
  9. How to stop windows 10 upgrader app from data usage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop windows 10 upgrader app from data usage: How to stop window 10 upgraterapp from data use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-windows-10-upgrader-app-from-data/efa62233-2a6c-4fdf-ad53-1afdcf71a7c0
  10. Completely remove all data from a Microsoft Store app?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Completely remove all data from a Microsoft Store app?: Good morning, I downloaded a Microsoft Store app and accidentally signed in with my old account information. I would like to sign in with my new account, but there is no way to change accounts or log out. I tried resetting the app, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but...