Windows 10: how do i stop microsoft store from opening up when i start internet explorer

Discus and support how do i stop microsoft store from opening up when i start internet explorer in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; how do i stop microsoft store from opening up when i start internet explorer... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JesseJames4, Jul 28, 2019.

1. how do i stop microsoft store from opening up when i start internet explorer

how do i stop microsoft store from opening up when i start internet explorer

:)

JesseJames4, Jul 28, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

how do i stop microsoft store from opening up when i start internet explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Internet Explorer has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Internet Explorer on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know:

• If you have made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in causing this issue?
    • If you were able to see any error code/ error message when Internet Explorer crashes?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 28, 2019
  4. how do i stop microsoft store from opening up when i start internet explorer

Error: "Internet Explorer stopped working"

Hi Al,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that the internet explorer stops working.

The issue might arise due to misconfigured settings in Internet Explorer, firewalls from the security software interfering with the connection or a virus infection. In this case, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

First, I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance and Internet Explorer security troubleshooters. These can automatically detect and fix any incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with Internet
    Explorer. Refer to these steps:

a) Press Start button.

b) Type and select Troubleshooting
    in the Start search.

c) Click on Troubleshooting
    and select the view all option on the left pane.

d) Click on Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

e) Follow the same steps to run the Internet Explorer security troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to open Internet Explorer in “No-add-ons” mode once more and check. Refer to these steps:

a) Press Windows key +R

b) Type iexplore.exe –extoff and press enter

c) Now, Internet explorer will be opened without any add on

d) If you don’t face any issue in this mode, then probably an add-on is causing this issue.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to refer to the link and follow the additional steps given in the Microsoft KB article:

What to do when Internet Explorer stops working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

how do i stop microsoft store from opening up when i start internet explorer

1. how do i stop microsoft store from opening up when i start internet explorer - Similar Threads - stop microsoft store

2. how do i stop Microsoft store from stopping downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop Microsoft store from stopping downloads: Whenever I try and download something The Microsoft store stops the download saying that this app isn't in the Microsoft store and I don't know how to stop this from happening....
  3. how do i stop Microsoft store from stopping downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i stop Microsoft store from stopping downloads: Whenever I try and download something The Microsoft store stops the download saying that this app isn't in the Microsoft store and I don't know how to stop this from happening....
  4. How to stop Microsoft Edge being opened everytime when opening internet explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Microsoft Edge being opened everytime when opening internet explorer: How to stop Microsoft Edge being opened everytime when opening internet explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-microsoft-edge-being-opened-everytime/bf2df00e-6860-4e83-be9c-8064d71758b9
  5. How to stop Microsoft Edge being opened everytime when opening internet explorer

How to stop Microsoft Edge being opened everytime when opening internet explorer: How to stop Microsoft Edge being opened everytime when opening internet explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-microsoft-edge-being-opened-everytime/bf2df00e-6860-4e83-be9c-8064d71758b9
  6. How do I stop msn coming on when I start up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop msn coming on when I start up?: MSN is not my home page, but it comes up when stating up. How do I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-msn-coming-on-when-i-start-up/81f7c694-9ee1-49a5-b2e6-497412e4230a
  7. How do I stop msn coming on when I start up?

How do I stop msn coming on when I start up?: MSN is not my home page, but it comes up when stating up. How do I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-msn-coming-on-when-i-start-up/81f7c694-9ee1-49a5-b2e6-497412e4230a
  8. how do i stop notepad from automatically starting up when windows starts up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i stop notepad from automatically starting up when windows starts up: how do i stop notepad from automatically starting up when windows starts up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-notepad-from-automatically-starting/0d062889-d18e-42d3-adc1-b3e07e1674fd
  9. How Do I Stop Internet Explorer Opening When I Use a Link From a Website?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Stop Internet Explorer Opening When I Use a Link From a Website?: For example, on The Steam Game Forums, if someone posts a link to an external site, a page on Steam opens with a caution that I'm leaving the Steam Forums and when I proceed, an Internet Explorer window opens, instead of a Microsoft Edge Window. How can I change this so that...
  10. How Do I Stop Internet Explorer Opening When I Use a Link From a Website?

How Do I Stop Internet Explorer Opening When I Use a Link From a Website?: For example, on The Steam Game Forums, if someone posts a link to an external site, a page on Steam opens with a caution that I'm leaving the Steam Forums and when I proceed, an Internet Explorer window opens, instead of a Microsoft Edge Window. How can I change this so that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop microsoft store from openngs up