Windows 10: How do I stop my background picture from changing

Discus and support How do I stop my background picture from changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everyday, I am having to reset my background picture to what I want. I've followed the most common resolution to turn off Sync. It's been off and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CLW#, Dec 30, 2020.

1. CLW# Win User

How do I stop my background picture from changing

Everyday, I am having to reset my background picture to what I want. I've followed the most common resolution to turn off Sync. It's been off and the changes still happen. There must be another way.

:)

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Change desktop background and colors

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Dec 30, 2020
  4. How do I stop my background picture from changing

change size of background wall paper+it is a custon wallpaper(my picture)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps you to
    change size of background wall paper.

a) Right click on the desktop screen.

b) Select personalize and click on Desktop Background at the bottom of the screen.

c) Select the image and change the picture position to Centre from the drop down list.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop my background picture from changing

1. How do I stop my background picture from changing - Similar Threads - stop background picture

2. How do I stop the background color from changing to picture's color?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop the background color from changing to picture's color?: I want my background to be solid black with my picture in the center. Somehow I changed a setting that makes the background take on the color from the image....
  3. How do I stop the background color from changing to picture's color?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the background color from changing to picture's color?: I want my background to be solid black with my picture in the center. Somehow I changed a setting that makes the background take on the color from the image....
  4. How do I stop the background color change when changing the background image in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the background color change when changing the background image in...: I really don't like that yellowish tint. It's not a good color. I have tried editing color settings using color management, but it didn't change anything. Thanks for any pointers....
  5. How do I stop the background color change when changing the background image in...

How do I stop the background color change when changing the background image in...: I really don't like that yellowish tint. It's not a good color. I have tried editing color settings using color management, but it didn't change anything. Thanks for any pointers....
  6. HOW DO I STOP ONEDRIVE FROM SYNCING MY PICTURES

HOW DO I STOP ONEDRIVE FROM SYNCING MY PICTURES: I have been fighting with this for over an hour after having to re-install windows again after windows screwed up my logon and locked me out of my computer.Now i have this to deal with all over again.Before I did not have Pictures linked to one drive but now it is and I can't...
  7. How do I delete a background picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I delete a background picture: I am having trouble deleting a background picture, especially the ugly taxi picture. Any help would be appreciated. I am using Windows 10 Pro with the latest updates & with a 10th generation i5 processor. Donald...
  8. I can't change my background picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change my background picture: Hi! I've been doing research how to change my background picture because I'm having problems with it. I was able to change it freely before. When I'm on the settings and on the personalization page, I try to browse for a picture and select it. The background just changes to...
  9. How do you stop Windows from changing the background when moving several pictures to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you stop Windows from changing the background when moving several pictures to...: It sometimes changes my background when I move several pictures to another folder and it's irritating. How can I disable this "feature"? submitted by /u/hoistthefabric [link] [comments]...
  10. How do I keep my background from changing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I keep my background from changing?: I wanted to change my desktop image so I did, but when I came back the next morning the image that I chose was replaced with a random picture. This is not really a big deal, I just have to change it again but it's annoying when I have to change it back everyday. How can I fix...