Windows 10: How do I stop my bluetooth from automatically turning itself back on after I turn it off...

Discus and support How do I stop my bluetooth from automatically turning itself back on after I turn it off... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Everytime I turn my bluetooth off it turns itself right back on. This is not a new problem this is ever since I've had Windows 10 a while now. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by angylx, Apr 26, 2020.

1. angylx Win User

How do I stop my bluetooth from automatically turning itself back on after I turn it off...

Everytime I turn my bluetooth off it turns itself right back on. This is not a new problem this is ever since I've had Windows 10 a while now. My Windows is up to date.

:)

angylx, Apr 26, 2020
  2. OldMike65 Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Apr 26, 2020
  3. HojabrA Win User
    I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, Apr 26, 2020
  4. How do I stop my bluetooth from automatically turning itself back on after I turn it off...

Bluetooth not turning off on Windows 10

Hi Cassandra,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description it seems that you are unable to turn off Bluetooth in Windows 10. As you are worried because your computer is searching for devices to connect with.

We know its frustrating when things don't work as expected.

So, here is one way through which you can stop your laptop to search for Bluetooth devices. This can be done by stopping the Bluetooth services which is responsible for Bluetooth devices. Here are the steps through which you can stop Bluetooth service and
    Bluetooth devices to work.

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type services.msc and press
      Ok
    • Find Bluetooth Support Service
    • Right click on the service and click on Stop.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop my bluetooth from automatically turning itself back on after I turn it off...

1. How do I stop my bluetooth from automatically turning itself back on after I turn it off... - Similar Threads - stop bluetooth automatically

2. How do I stop my computer from turning on by itself?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I stop my computer from turning on by itself?: My computer keeps turning on by itself. I searched up all the ways and none of them work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-my-computer-from-turning-on-by/a90ca2eb-acaf-4361-9e47-2550ca2da51b
  3. How do i turn my bluetooth back on

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i turn my bluetooth back on: Hello to all you wonderful people, so today when I woke I booted up my computer and tried to open the Bluetooth tab in the quick select button next to the Wi-Fi and it wasn't there.So I checked the Bluetooth section in the settings tab and under most of my recent Bluetooth...
  4. How do i turn my bluetooth back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn my bluetooth back on: Hello to all you wonderful people, so today when I woke I booted up my computer and tried to open the Bluetooth tab in the quick select button next to the Wi-Fi and it wasn't there.So I checked the Bluetooth section in the settings tab and under most of my recent Bluetooth...
  5. How do i turn my bluetooth back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I turned off bluetooth to turn it back on and add a device, and my bluetooth stopped...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned off bluetooth to turn it back on and add a device, and my bluetooth stopped...: As the question states, I removed and attempted to re-add a bluetooth device because it wasn't connecting properly, and then suddenly my computer stopped recognizing bluetooth completely. In addition, the bluetooth troubleshooter stated that my computer is not compatible with...
  7. I turned off bluetooth to turn it back on and add a device, and my bluetooth stopped...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned off bluetooth to turn it back on and add a device, and my bluetooth stopped...: As the question states, I removed and attempted to re-add a bluetooth device because it wasn't connecting properly, and then suddenly my computer stopped recognizing bluetooth completely. In addition, the bluetooth troubleshooter stated that my computer is not compatible with...
  8. I turned off bluetooth to turn it back on and add a device, and my bluetooth stopped...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. How do I turn on Bluetooth If there's no Option to turn Bluetooth on/off?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I turn on Bluetooth If there's no Option to turn Bluetooth on/off?: I'm trying to connect to a device With bluetooth on And it keeps showing this: [ATTACH] Its telling me bluetooth is turned off and not giving me an option to turn it on. I tried the notification centre.[ATTACH] I tried to do it from device manager in control panel, but the...
  10. Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on: I've been trying to turn on Auto Updates on my laptop (using Windows 10) but when I click to turn it on, it will literally just default back to off seconds after I turn it on. Highly unusual, I've never had this happen on any laptop or PC I've had before, be it Windows 10 or...