Windows 10: How do I stop my computer from scrolling down or to the bottom of the page when I enter a...

Discus and support How do I stop my computer from scrolling down or to the bottom of the page when I enter a... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When on some websites, the computer will scroll down or to the bottom of the page after I enter a comment or answer a question. How do I stop the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulMattson093, Dec 12, 2018.

1. How do I stop my computer from scrolling down or to the bottom of the page when I enter a...

When on some websites, the computer will scroll down or to the bottom of the page after I enter a comment or answer a question. How do I stop the computer from doing this? It's not on every website, but most of them. I have Windows 10 Home. A Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse set up.

:)

PaulMattson093, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Page scrolling on its own

We appreciate your response. To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how to modify Touchpad Scrolling Settings.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Mouse and choose Touchpad tab.
    • Locate the Scrolling Settings area within the touchpad properties tab. Adjust the settings to meet your needs.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Scrolling down the pages gets hang

Hi,

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Does this issue happen only when you try scrolling the pages?
    • Are you trying to scroll the pages from the browser or does the issue persists when try to scroll the page on documents too?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • Did you install all the pending updates?
    It is a bit difficult to pinpoint on the root cause of the issue, however we may try to narrow down the issue and as an initial troubleshooting step,
    suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If the issue still persists, run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.
    • Select Control panel and Select System and Security.
    • Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.
    • Now Run maintenance task under System and security.

Also, place the computer in a Clean boot state and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts. Follow the Microsoft KB article to perform clean boot on the computer:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Applies to Windows 10

Disclaimer: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 12, 2018
  4. How do I stop my computer from scrolling down or to the bottom of the page when I enter a...

What is smooth scrolling?

Hi Kenneth,

Smooth scrolling is a feature available in Internet Explorer that allows you to scroll through a web pages smoothly, as the name of the feature suggests. If this is turned off, when scrolling through a web page, you'll notice that the scroll
    bar slides down as if it's slightly delayed, but if this is turned on, the scroll bar slides down smoothly, without delay.

This is useful when scanning through long web pages or articles.

To turn on/off smooth scrolling, see the following steps:

• Open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, and then click
      Internet
      Options.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Locate Use smooth scrolling, and tick the check box if you want it turned on/off.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Patricia Yu, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

How do I stop my computer from scrolling down or to the bottom of the page when I enter a...

1. How do I stop my computer from scrolling down or to the bottom of the page when I enter a... - Similar Threads - stop computer scrolling

2. how do i make it so the page up and page down buttons scroll smoothly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i make it so the page up and page down buttons scroll smoothly?: would like to know how to do this as the sharp transition is quite jarring on my eyesthanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-it-so-the-page-up-and-page-down/2326d489-bab1-4091-8d79-8003f041d9ca
  3. how do i make it so the page up and page down buttons scroll smoothly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i make it so the page up and page down buttons scroll smoothly?: would like to know how to do this as the sharp transition is quite jarring on my eyesthanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-it-so-the-page-up-and-page-down/2326d489-bab1-4091-8d79-8003f041d9ca
  4. how do i make it so the page up and page down buttons scroll smoothly?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I stop from entering Boot Manager when I turn on my computer?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I stop from entering Boot Manager when I turn on my computer?: Hi,I added a new NVMe m.2 drive to my desktop and that's when I started to get boot manager asking me what volume I'd like to load from.I have an existing NVMe m.2 Samsung drive with my OS installed on it.I also have 2 other drives for storage, both SATA, and HDD and an SSD.I...
  6. How do I stop from entering Boot Manager when I turn on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop from entering Boot Manager when I turn on my computer?: Hi,I added a new NVMe m.2 drive to my desktop and that's when I started to get boot manager asking me what volume I'd like to load from.I have an existing NVMe m.2 Samsung drive with my OS installed on it.I also have 2 other drives for storage, both SATA, and HDD and an SSD.I...
  7. How do I stop from entering Boot Manager when I turn on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Auto Scroll to bottom of page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Scroll to bottom of page: Recently my computer has been scrolling to he bottom/end of the page when I am in Excel, pdf viewer, and windows settings. It does not do it on word or webpages. I have tried the mouse settings, new mouse, page lock..Seems to be a windows issue....
  9. Unable to scroll down to bottom of page

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to scroll down to bottom of page: I recently have been unable to scroll all the way down on pages. For instance, on a Reddit page of comments I get close to the bottom but can't get down far enough to click on the "back to top" bar. Also happens with email, when trying to forward I can't get down to the...
  10. stop Microsoft Office from readjusting page when I scroll

in Windows 10 Support
    stop Microsoft Office from readjusting page when I scroll: this is driving me nuts . whenever I accidentally scroll, the window either changes its size or changes its position . I found a fix for excel the modified the registry . I need something that will work with word and PowerPoint . 110670

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop computer from scrolling

2. how to stop my computer from scrolling

3. stop my computer scrolling down

4. how to stop your computer from scrolling down,
  5. how to stop computer from scrolling down,
  6. stop my page from scrolling to bottom of the page,
  7. windows scrolls to the bottom,
  8. stop windows page scrolling,
  9. computer scrolls to bottom,
  10. how to stop window computer scrolling down,
  11. computer scrolls to bottom 2018,