Windows 10: how do i stop my cursor from selecting things on it's own

Discus and support how do i stop my cursor from selecting things on it's own in Cortana to solve the problem; how do i stop my cursor from selecting things on it's own... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ginagray, Jun 12, 2019.

1. ginagray Win User

how do i stop my cursor from selecting things on it's own

:)

ginagray, Jun 12, 2019
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Arnie Est Win User
    Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

Arnie Est, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

my cursor does not work!

Hi,

The driver for the device may be outdated or corrupted, resulting to this problem. Let's look into some things to have a better idea about what could be causing this problem. Please answer the questions below:

• Have you checked for any available updates for your drivers?
    • Do you get any errors when the cursor stops to function?

See if the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter in Control Panel will be able to find any issues. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Hardware and Devices and allow the troubleshooter to run.

You can also manually check for updates for your mouse. Here's how:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Open Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on the device that shows under the list of mice and pointing devices.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Select Update Driver....
    • Click OK once it's done.

Let us know if the suggestions above fix the issue with your cursor.

We're here if you need additional help.

Ruz San, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. how do i stop my cursor from selecting things on it's own - Similar Threads - stop cursor selecting

2. how do i stop myself from resetting my own pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i stop myself from resetting my own pc: i am 22 with a gambling addiction and i am running out of options i was able to put parental control settings on my phone on google and i gave my friend access to the parent account and had him change the credintals there for making it impossible to search on web or hard...
  3. How Do I Stop My Cursor From Highlighting Things?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Stop My Cursor From Highlighting Things?: I've been having this issue where the cursor ? in some apps keeps highlighting certain options in apps like Settings and Movies & TV. It's happened on my computer before and I'm unsure what could be causing it. The effect I'm attempting to describe is posted below....
  4. How Do I Stop My Cursor From Highlighting Things?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Stop My Cursor From Highlighting Things?: I've been having this issue where the cursor ? in some apps keeps highlighting certain options in apps like Settings and Movies & TV. It's happened on my computer before and I'm unsure what could be causing it. The effect I'm attempting to describe is posted below....
  5. How Do I Stop My Cursor From Highlighting Things?

6. cursor wont click on select things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cursor wont click on select things: I can click on most things fine, but I'm noticing that in two specific places there may be more I can't click. using my arrow keys works fine. the two places are the windows + x menu, and the "paint" application. I could click before, but one day I noticed it just didn't...
  7. cursor wont click on select things

cursor wont click on select things: I can click on most things fine, but I'm noticing that in two specific places there may be more I can't click. using my arrow keys works fine. the two places are the windows + x menu, and the "paint" application. I could click before, but one day I noticed it just didn't...
  8. My cursor keeps clicking things on its own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cursor keeps clicking things on its own.: The cursor keeps clicking things by itself and jumping around the screen. I can't even type because it clicks something else before I can do anything, I can't even get a screen recording of this without the clicking interrupting me. I can't even write this question. It opens...
  9. My cursor keeps clicking things on its own.

My cursor keeps clicking things on its own.: The cursor keeps clicking things by itself and jumping around the screen. I can't even type because it clicks something else before I can do anything, I can't even get a screen recording of this without the clicking interrupting me. I can't even write this question. It opens...
  10. My cursor keeps clicking things on its own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop the cursor from selecting off

2. if we seleting one app but cursor selecting other app how to fix it

3. cursor does its own thing when starting up

4. cursor selecting own,
  5. cursor is selecting material on its own,
  6. stop the pointer from doing thins on its own