Windows 10: How do I stop my display from dimming at 35% on battery power?

Discus and support How do I stop my display from dimming at 35% on battery power? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Gigabyte laptop dims to the lowest brightness at 35% on battery power, but there is no setting to turn this off. How do I stop this from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by swander, Aug 21, 2022.

1. swander Win User

How do I stop my display from dimming at 35% on battery power?

My Gigabyte laptop dims to the lowest brightness at 35% on battery power, but there is no setting to turn this off. How do I stop this from happening?Battery saver is set to turn on at 20%. This slightly dims the display, but not to the lowest setting.There is nothing about dimming the display in the Advanced Settings of Power Options.Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1155G7 @ 2.50GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorEdition Windows 11 HomeVersion 21H2Installed on ‎2022-‎06-‎23OS build 22000.856Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22

:)

swander, Aug 21, 2022
  2. SteveB_85 Win User

Display dims on battery power

Hi there! My name is Steve. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Windows user like you. I'm happy to help with your query.

That sounds very frustrating and not at all ideal if the screen is too dim! Please give the following steps a go to fix this:

1. Click on the Start menu, type "Control Panel", and select the Control Panel app

2. In Control Panel click on Power Options

3. In the Power Options menu you will see the currently selected power plan, click 'Change plan settings' to the right of the selected plan

4. In the settings menu you will see 'Adjust plan brightness' for both On Battery and Plugged in, here you can turn up the brightness level of the display when you change onto battery power

5. Don't forget to click Save changes!

I hope this helps, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

SteveB_85, Aug 21, 2022
  3. Edwin Win User
    Display dims on battery power, even when fully charged.

How do I stop my display from dimming at 35% on battery power? [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 21, 2022
  4. LaLaLand Win User

Display dims on battery power, even when fully charged.

Its is not there, that is the problem:

How do I stop my display from dimming at 35% on battery power? [​IMG]

LaLaLand, Aug 21, 2022
Thema:

1. How do I stop my display from dimming at 35% on battery power? - Similar Threads - stop display dimming

2. How do I easily stop my display from dimming after installing Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I easily stop my display from dimming after installing Windows 11?: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and after installing the update the screen was instantly dimmed. Luckily I was able to power off the monitor and then powering on the computer monitor made the screen return to normal. I had installed all the latest drivers for an AMD Radeon...
  3. How do I easily stop my display from dimming after installing Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I easily stop my display from dimming after installing Windows 11?: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and after installing the update the screen was instantly dimmed. Luckily I was able to power off the monitor and then powering on the computer monitor made the screen return to normal. I had installed all the latest drivers for an AMD Radeon...
  4. How do I stop my display from dimming at 35% on battery power?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop my display from dimming at 35% on battery power?: My Gigabyte laptop dims to the lowest brightness at 35% on battery power, but there is no setting to turn this off. How do I stop this from happening?Battery saver is set to turn on at 20%. This slightly dims the display, but not to the lowest setting.There is nothing about...
  5. Display dims on battery power, even when fully charged.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display dims on battery power, even when fully charged.: Hi All, An annoying problem here, can you please help me. My laptop display dims on battery power, even when fully charged. Every time I need to readjust the brightness. I went through the settings I could not get the setting where we set brightness for Battery and...
  6. Display dims on battery power, even when fully charged.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display dims on battery power, even when fully charged.: Hi All, An annoying problem here, can you please help me. My laptop display dims on battery power, even when fully charged. Every time I need to readjust the brightness. I went through the settings I could not get the setting where we set brightness for Battery and...
  7. How do I stop screen dimming?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop screen dimming?: I thought I disabled all options but it seems like it's still dimming the screen based on what's on screen. When I am looking at mostly dark image, and then switch to a light page/image, I can see it's slowing getting brighter, and then dimming again when I open dark...
  8. How do I stop my display from adaptive dimming?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop my display from adaptive dimming?: Okay so first of all, this JUST started happening after I accidentally pressed some keys on my keyboard (which i forgot) when I go into control panel I cant find the option to disable it and I honestly dont know what to do.. i have a gaming pc i built not a laptop submitted...
  9. Display dims on battery power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display dims on battery power: No matter how many settings I tweak, I cannot get the display on my laptop to remain bright if I unplug it. It dims to an unacceptable level Any suggestions on how to fix this would be welcomed. Thanks...
  10. Laptop display dim, but only on battery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop display dim, but only on battery: After upgrade to W10 from 8.1, Laptop display is dim, but only when I boot up on battery power. Samsung NP470R5E with Intel HD Graphics 4000 When plugged in, the display has normal brightness. If I disconnect the power it stays bright. If I shutdown and restart on...