Windows 10: How do I stop my graphics drivers from breaking? "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish...

Discus and support How do I stop my graphics drivers from breaking? "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having problems with my Windows 10 computer. I use a Radeon RX470 GPU, and I use AMD Adrenalin with it. Recently, my computer has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Benjamin Schultz1, Dec 4, 2022.

1. How do I stop my graphics drivers from breaking? "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish...

Hi, I've been having problems with my Windows 10 computer. I use a Radeon RX470 GPU, and I use AMD Adrenalin with it. Recently, my computer has been asking to restart to finish setting up a device called "Pci Bus", and whenever it decides to do so even if I do not click on it or restart my device to finish the setup, it breaks AMD Adrenalin and my drivers and makes my computer almost unusable until I factory reinstall AMD Adrenalin, after which it asks to set up again. I've looked around the internet and found little in the way of help. I have the most recent version of Adrenalin for my card

:)

Benjamin Schultz1, Dec 4, 2022

2. Windows 10 auto updater breaks graphic driver

I am having trouble with my AMD HD6750M graphics card. When I turn the PC on, it boots ok and the login screen blinks and goes black. I've tried to restore Windows multiple times and now I'm running a fresh install.

Everytime I format the pc, it works until I restart (as windows updater downloads the driver for AMD and installs it again). I've even managed to completely remove the display driver with the Display Driver Uninstaller from Guru3d (in safe mode!), and the pc works fine until it downloads the driver again, I restart the pc and it breaks again.

I want to completely remove and disable this graphic card, once I believe it's defective and my pc already comes with a Intel HD card onboard.

And yes, I've already downloaded and installed the drivers from AMD website. It breaks it anyway when installation is finished.

Specs:

• Samsung Chronos Series 7
    • Intel Core i5 2450M 2,5 GHz
    • AMD Radeon HD6750M
    • Windows 10 Pro
    • 6GB DDR3 RAM

Vinícius Perotto, Dec 4, 2022
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    stopped working

Thank your for posting back, we already think that it was the graphic card driver. We suggest that you uninstall and reinstall your graphic card driver and visit the manufacturer's website to check the latest driver of your graphic card.

We suggest that you follow this step on how to uninstall and reinstall driver:

• Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
      Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    We'll be waiting for your response.

Ryan Mon1, Dec 4, 2022
  4. How do I stop my graphics drivers from breaking? "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish...

Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

How do I stop my graphics drivers from breaking? "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish...

1. How do I stop my graphics drivers from breaking? "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish... - Similar Threads - stop graphics drivers

2. Notification from settings: "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notification from settings: "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this...: Recently I've been having a problem with my graphics drivers. Windows 10 keeps telling me to restart my computer to finish installing a device "Pci Bus". Whenever it decides to do this, my AMD Adrenalin installation breaks and produces the pa-300 error code, preventing me...
  3. Notification from settings: "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification from settings: "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this...: Recently I've been having a problem with my graphics drivers. Windows 10 keeps telling me to restart my computer to finish installing a device "Pci Bus". Whenever it decides to do this, my AMD Adrenalin installation breaks and produces the pa-300 error code, preventing me...
  4. Notification from settings: "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I stop my graphics drivers from breaking? "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop my graphics drivers from breaking? "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish...: Hi, I've been having problems with my Windows 10 computer. I use a Radeon RX470 GPU, and I use AMD Adrenalin with it. Recently, my computer has been asking to restart to finish setting up a device called "Pci Bus", and whenever it decides to do so even if I do not click on it...
  6. How do I stop my graphics drivers from breaking? "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I stop my graphics drivers from breaking? "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish...: Hi, I've been having problems with my Windows 10 computer. I use a Radeon RX470 GPU, and I use AMD Adrenalin with it. Recently, my computer has been asking to restart to finish setting up a device called "Pci Bus", and whenever it decides to do so even if I do not click on it...
  7. Why do I intermittently get: "Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I intermittently get: "Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish...: For too many years to count, a couple of times a month usually after an update, I get the "Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. High Definition Audio Bus.". I looked at the canned 'answer' of a previous question and found that it...
  8. Why do I intermittently get: "Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I intermittently get: "Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish...: For too many years to count, a couple of times a month usually after an update, I get the "Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. High Definition Audio Bus.". I looked at the canned 'answer' of a previous question and found that it...
  9. Why do I intermittently get: "Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device

in Windows 10 Support
    Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: Hello, Tonight I did a Windows Update and somehow something got screwed up. 1. When I start my computer, I get the BIOS cannot be updated message, but it will continue to load to the desktop eventually. 2. Once I get to the desktop, I see the following message: Your pc...