Windows 10: How do I stop my laptop from automatically "Locking" after ten minutes?

Discus and support How do I stop my laptop from automatically "Locking" after ten minutes? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I stop my laptop from automatically "Locking" after ten minutes?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MelMamula, Jun 28, 2021.

1. MelMamula Win User

How do I stop my laptop from automatically "Locking" after ten minutes?

:)

MelMamula, Jun 28, 2021

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 28, 2021
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile How do I stop my laptop from automatically "Locking" after ten minutes? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jun 28, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I stop my laptop from automatically "Locking" after ten minutes? - Similar Threads - stop laptop automatically

2. how do i stop my laptop from

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop my laptop from: how do i stop my laptop from downloading to other devices and it wont download to mine this all happens in google play our any thing google https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-my-laptop-from/25dae210-a994-496a-b9c8-ce0118f28276
  3. how do i stop my laptop from

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i stop my laptop from: how do i stop my laptop from downloading to other devices and it wont download to mine this all happens in google play our any thing google https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-my-laptop-from/25dae210-a994-496a-b9c8-ce0118f28276
  4. How do I stop my laptop from going to lock screen after being idle?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop my laptop from going to lock screen after being idle?: My Lenovo laptop keeps on locking itself after being idle for some time. This started happening a couple of weeks ago and it's getting annoying. I've not changed any settings to trigger this so I'm not sure on how to fix this. Is there anything that I can do to stop this from...
  5. How do I stop my laptop from going to lock screen after being idle?

How do I stop my laptop from going to lock screen after being idle?: My Lenovo laptop keeps on locking itself after being idle for some time. This started happening a couple of weeks ago and it's getting annoying. I've not changed any settings to trigger this so I'm not sure on how to fix this. Is there anything that I can do to stop this from...
  6. How do I stop my laptop from going to lock screen after being idle?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. After tens of minutes, the laptop will not be able to connect to the wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After tens of minutes, the laptop will not be able to connect to the wifi: The Lenovo Xiaoxin notebook installs the official website wifi driver, and it can be used normally.After tens of minutes, it will not be able to connect to the wifiCheck the device manager and find that the wifi driver has an exclamation mark,indicating that there is a...
  8. After tens of minutes, the laptop will not be able to connect to the wifi

After tens of minutes, the laptop will not be able to connect to the wifi: The Lenovo Xiaoxin notebook installs the official website wifi driver, and it can be used normally.After tens of minutes, it will not be able to connect to the wifiCheck the device manager and find that the wifi driver has an exclamation mark,indicating that there is a...
  9. After tens of minutes, the laptop will not be able to connect to the wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. My computer locks itself after X minutes. How to stop that?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer locks itself after X minutes. How to stop that?: Since today, my pc locks itself after some amount on inactivity. Probably 10 or 15 minutes. Up until yesterday, this never happened. I have checked: Dynamic Lock. This is disabled. Screen saver. This is also disabled. Unattended sleep timeout in Power options. This is set...