Windows 10: How do I stop my organisation from having access to my personal device?

Discus and support How do I stop my organisation from having access to my personal device? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have my own laptop which I use for school and as my primary device. I didn't buy it from the school it's my own but I have logged in to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VirtalPeguin, Oct 4, 2020.

1. How do I stop my organisation from having access to my personal device?

How do I stop my organisation from having access to my personal device? HYQyd2e-_Kyt57jhqieZOGsCR_pSPRITHq2aXC2gqBI.jpg

I have my own laptop which I use for school and as my primary device. I didn't buy it from the school it's my own but I have logged in to my school account as a Work account but my user account to log in to Windows is a personal Microsoft account.

https://myaccount.microsoft.com/device-list

When I go to that link with my school account logged into the browser, this shows up

https://preview.redd.it/6mpb9e09f6r...bp&s=43ab444f9b036feadd32fbd856fedee9600edbee

How do I remove my device from there without removing my school account from Windows? I don't want my school having access to my personal laptop.

submitted by /u/VirtalPeguin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VirtalPeguin, Oct 4, 2020
  2. dwisdom Win User

Samba access from Android device stopped working

@Alohos on the contrary I see it as a step in the right direction with regards to security, for instance i really don't use my outlook.com mail for any other thing outside of logging into my pc, if it were my gmail account for instance, I won't like my credentials being saved on different devices to connect to my shares, this could be sniffed by someone who will in turn have full access to all my personal mails.

dwisdom, Oct 4, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Josh1 Win User

How do I stop my organisation from having access to my personal device?

You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device

Thanks for the reply, Wynona.

I have tried this as well in the past, the issue is my removable drives are not accessible at all, and this only adds the take ownership option to files and folders, not drives. I cannot even open removable drives to take ownership of a file or folder inside of it.

Unless there is a step i am missing, still no luck, Thanks for the help, any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

When right clicking a file on C:

How do I stop my organisation from having access to my personal device? [​IMG]

When right clicking on in-accessible drive:

How do I stop my organisation from having access to my personal device? [​IMG]

There are two options because i have tried two different scripts. Removed both, tried the one in suggested in this forum, and have received the same results.

Josh1, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop my organisation from having access to my personal device?

1. How do I stop my organisation from having access to my personal device? - Similar Threads - stop organisation having

2. How do Know if I have 'Personal' in my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do Know if I have 'Personal' in my computer?: ? what is this? I would like to know if I have 'Personal' on my laptop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-know-if-i-have-personal-in-my-computer/c6848795-df9f-4245-9806-1b4c083e71dd
  3. How do Know if I have 'Personal' in my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do Know if I have 'Personal' in my computer?: ? what is this? I would like to know if I have 'Personal' on my laptop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-know-if-i-have-personal-in-my-computer/c6848795-df9f-4245-9806-1b4c083e71dd
  4. My organisation has access to my personal computer and I can’t disconnect it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My organisation has access to my personal computer and I can’t disconnect it.: A couple days ago I signed into my work account on my personal computer and it installed a bunch of applications and its policies. I can’t use a search engine because it asks me to use my work email. I tried going to Access work or school in settings, but it won’t let me...
  5. My organisation has access to my personal computer and I can’t disconnect it.

My organisation has access to my personal computer and I can’t disconnect it.: A couple days ago I signed into my work account on my personal computer and it installed a bunch of applications and its policies. I can’t use a search engine because it asks me to use my work email. I tried going to Access work or school in settings, but it won’t let me...
  6. My organisation has access to my personal computer and I can’t disconnect it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I can’t seem to disconnect my organisation from my personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t seem to disconnect my organisation from my personal computer: I’ve recently connected my pc to my schools system through microsoft office and now it seems they’re latched to it with all microsoft application uninstalled, in settings my account removed i’m still getting pop ups in some setting saying i can’t access all of them or i have...
  8. I can’t seem to disconnect my organisation from my personal computer

I can’t seem to disconnect my organisation from my personal computer: I’ve recently connected my pc to my schools system through microsoft office and now it seems they’re latched to it with all microsoft application uninstalled, in settings my account removed i’m still getting pop ups in some setting saying i can’t access all of them or i have...
  9. I can’t seem to disconnect my organisation from my personal computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. I d deleted my personal computer laptop from my device from my Microsoft account how do I...

I d deleted my personal computer laptop from my device from my Microsoft account how do I...: I accidentally deleted my laptop from my device list on my Microsoft account how do I get it back on there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-d-deleted-my-personal-computer-laptop-from-my/8f7ba898-73f6-4f9d-ba69-3c2a12aa0c32