Windows 10: How do I stop my PC from locking up? (after being inactive for 10mins)

Discus and support How do I stop my PC from locking up? (after being inactive for 10mins) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello How do I stop my PC from locking up when I don't use it. It seems to take maybe 10 -30minutes of not being used and then neither the keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ship69, Sep 6, 2018.

1. ship69 Win User

How do I stop my PC from locking up? (after being inactive for 10mins)

Hello

How do I stop my PC from locking up when I don't use it.
    It seems to take maybe 10 -30minutes of not being used and then neither the keyboard or mouse will work. And my only option is to re-boot using the power off button.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

J

:)

ship69, Sep 6, 2018

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10 locks after inactivity

We have two computers that act as registers at my place of business that we need to not go to the lock screen due to inactivity. Using the GPOs on the domain server I've applied GPOs to disable password protecting the screen saver as well as to not require
    a password on wake up.

On one computer it works on the other it does not and the computer continues to lock. I've checked the rsop.msc as well as the power plan settings and they are all correctly set. I've also tried completely disabling the screen saver and it still goes to the
    lock screen after inactivity. Doesn't even sleep just locks. The only difference between these two systems is that the one that doesn't work is 32bit (no idea if that has anything to do with it) but it only started locking after upgrading to windows 10. Windows
    7 was fine.

If anyone has any suggestions or an answer I have been unable to find anything related to this subject where the suggestion isn't just to disbable lock on screen saver, disable the screen saver, or disable lock screen on wakeup in the power settings. (All of
    these have been done)

NateSorensen, Sep 6, 2018
  4. RCoon Win User

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I stop my PC from locking up? (after being inactive for 10mins) - Similar Threads - stop locking being

2. My PC will not stop popping up the lock screen, how do I fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC will not stop popping up the lock screen, how do I fix?: For the last two weeks I have been working to fix an issue where randomly, with no rhyme or reason, my computer sends me back to the lock screen and I have to enter my password to continue what I am doing. Every forum post that I have read stated that there was certain...
  3. My PC will not stop popping up the lock screen, how do I fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC will not stop popping up the lock screen, how do I fix?: For the last two weeks I have been working to fix an issue where randomly, with no rhyme or reason, my computer sends me back to the lock screen and I have to enter my password to continue what I am doing. Every forum post that I have read stated that there was certain...
  4. My PC will not stop popping up the lock screen, how do I fix?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. stop pc from locking up, after changing settings to prevent lock-up, pc continues to lock...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop pc from locking up, after changing settings to prevent lock-up, pc continues to lock...: stop PC Windows 11 from locking up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-pc-from-locking-up-after-changing-settings-to/35444d53-2a78-42e4-874a-8d229612443b
  6. stop pc from locking up, after changing settings to prevent lock-up, pc continues to lock...

stop pc from locking up, after changing settings to prevent lock-up, pc continues to lock...: stop PC Windows 11 from locking up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-pc-from-locking-up-after-changing-settings-to/35444d53-2a78-42e4-874a-8d229612443b
  7. How do I stop my laptop from going to lock screen after being idle?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop my laptop from going to lock screen after being idle?: My Lenovo laptop keeps on locking itself after being idle for some time. This started happening a couple of weeks ago and it's getting annoying. I've not changed any settings to trigger this so I'm not sure on how to fix this. Is there anything that I can do to stop this from...
  8. How do I stop my laptop from going to lock screen after being idle?

How do I stop my laptop from going to lock screen after being idle?: My Lenovo laptop keeps on locking itself after being idle for some time. This started happening a couple of weeks ago and it's getting annoying. I've not changed any settings to trigger this so I'm not sure on how to fix this. Is there anything that I can do to stop this from...
  9. How do I stop my laptop from going to lock screen after being idle?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Stop windows from auto locking my desktop from inactivity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop windows from auto locking my desktop from inactivity: I think i've tried about every guide and registry edit I could find on google but this problem still persists... I write music with some software and I often do not need to move my mouse. Windows assumes that I am not using my computer and locks the screen with my password...