Windows 10: How do I stop my PC’s bluetooth adapter from disconnecting both itself and my paired devices?

Discus and support How do I stop my PC’s bluetooth adapter from disconnecting both itself and my paired devices? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently made a post here involving an issue with Windows 10 and bluetooth, and while that post has since been solved because it was actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/schlockhat, Aug 23, 2020.

1. How do I stop my PC’s bluetooth adapter from disconnecting both itself and my paired devices?

I recently made a post here involving an issue with Windows 10 and bluetooth, and while that post has since been solved because it was actually something I was doing wrong on my end, I know for certain this time around that the problem I’m now having with the bluetooth yet again is 100% from the OS’ end rather than being a user error on mine. After being informed that the reason why none of my devices could ever connect or even pair with my PC’s bluetooth was because I never actually had the bluetooth adapter connected in the first place (yes I know, dumb mistake), I connected it to one of the two coaxial ports on the back of the PC tower and for a day or two, it worked like a charm. I could connect and play/listen to audio through both my portable speaker and wireless earbuds and everything sounded perfect.

However, less than three days after doing this, I noticed that the bluetooth adapter would disconnect, reconnect, disconnect, etc., etc. multiple times throughout the day without me even touching or changing anything whatsoever. Yesterday, I unscrewed the bluetooth adapter from its port, put it back in and then angled the antenna a little differently than the position I had it in beforehand to see if that would make a difference but it kept doing it anyway, so I know for sure that it isn’t loose or put in the wrong way somehow. Worse still, even if the bluetooth connection is solid and hasn’t disconnected itself, neither my speaker nor my earbuds will stay connected for longer than 5 seconds max anymore after turning them on and will instead just remain in “Paired” mode right afterward, meaning they’re turned on and are trying to connect to my PC’s bluetooth but for some reason, Windows 10 just won’t put them in “Connected” mode which is what they have to be in so I can actually use them.

For reference, I’m running the most recent version of Windows 10, my PC’s system model is MS-7C60, the bluetooth adapter is 5.0, all of my PC’s device drivers are updated to the latest versions and both my speaker and earbuds have the latest firmware update. Both devices are completely compatible with 5.0 since, as I mentioned before, they worked fine without any issues at all for a couple days before the adapter began its endless disconnect/reconnect cycle that its now in. They also immediately pair and connect to my phone when I have the bluetooth turned on for it, which I switch off every time I try connecting either of them to my PC to avoid any possible interference with two bluetooth systems being active at the same time.

On a similar note, within the last few weeks or so, an external hard drive that was plugged into a port on the USB splitter that I use with my PC has been stuck in a similar cycle of being disconnected and then connected again by Windows 10, even after moving it to an entirely different port located directly on top of the tower itself, so perhaps both of these issues are related somehow? I have yet to come across any suggestions online that actually solve either of these extremely frustrating problems so hopefully, someone here can help me with this.

submitted by /u/schlockhat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/schlockhat, Aug 23, 2020
  2. Nisko Win User

Trouble pairing bluetooth device

I have a bluetooth device (JBLFlip5) which I have been pairing to my PC. All of a sudden, it stopped pairing. The Bluetooth app on the computer doesn't even recognise it. Attached is the Bluetooth view in my Device Manager. I'd like to check out my Bluetooth drivers - but don't know which line items to check. Need some troubleshooting advice. Thank you.........

Nisko, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Aliz Win User
    Promate Bluetooth™ 4.0 USB Adapter !

Hello Everyone

I have just bought the above mentioned bluetooth adapter but unfortunately cant manage to connect my bluetooth headset with it (does not find the device in pairing mode, keeps searching)! I have downloaded and installed the latest driver for this device from the promate website. Any suggestions?

OS - Win7 64 bit

4. How do I stop my PC’s bluetooth adapter from disconnecting both itself and my paired devices?

Bluetooth Devices will not Pair

Hi,

Hopefully this is the correct Forum !

I have a Microsoft Mouse 5000 and Wedge keyboard (the early one that does not fold).
    Both have been working perfectly.

Recently I paired them both successfully with a new Samsung tablet, but when I came to use them again on my laptop,
    I found that I could not pair either of them.

I have spent countless hours researching this without success.

Here's where I am now:

Settings > Bluetooth & other devices does not list either of them.
    Device Manager > Bluetooth has both of them showing and reports both working properly.

Device Manager reports as follows:

Notebook Mouse 5000:
    No driver files are required or have been loaded
    The Events tab says that further installation is required

Wedge Mobile Keyboard:
    No driver files are required or have been loaded
    The Events tab says that further installation is required

The 2 Service Discovery Service entries also report that further installation is required.

Can anyone suggest the way forward, please ?

Regards.

stuartgb100, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop my PC’s bluetooth adapter from disconnecting both itself and my paired devices?

1. How do I stop my PC’s bluetooth adapter from disconnecting both itself and my paired devices? - Similar Threads - stop PC’s bluetooth

2. How do I stop a Bluetooth device from duplicating itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop a Bluetooth device from duplicating itself: In the picture, the smart tv device has duplicated itself many many times. When It is duplicating itself, my computer becomes all laggy and it hogs all the cpu power. However, this only happens when I am in the Bluetooth & and other devices part of the settings.I have a...
  3. How do I stop a Bluetooth device from duplicating itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop a Bluetooth device from duplicating itself: In the picture, the smart tv device has duplicated itself many many times. When It is duplicating itself, my computer becomes all laggy and it hogs all the cpu power. However, this only happens when I am in the Bluetooth & and other devices part of the settings.I have a...
  4. How do I stop a Bluetooth device from duplicating itself

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to remove a bluetooth-paired device? someone paired a device to my pc but i can't...

how to remove a bluetooth-paired device? someone paired a device to my pc but i can't...: someone paired a device to my pc under bluetooth settings. my efforts to unpair it always fail. i am afraid my privacy is infringed. how can i remove it?...
  6. how to remove a bluetooth-paired device? someone paired a device to my pc but i can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove a bluetooth-paired device? someone paired a device to my pc but i can't...: someone paired a device to my pc under bluetooth settings. my efforts to unpair it always fail. i am afraid my privacy is infringed. how can i remove it?...
  7. How do I connect/pair a Bluetooth headset to a PC with two Bluetooth adapters?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect/pair a Bluetooth headset to a PC with two Bluetooth adapters?: Hello, I recently purchased a Bluetooth extender because the Bluetooth my custom PC provides doesn't have a good reach. I can't go more than 3 feet away from my PC without my Bluetooth headset dropping out. Sony XM4sThe extender I purchased provided me with a Realtek...
  8. How do I connect/pair a Bluetooth headset to a PC with two Bluetooth adapters?

How do I connect/pair a Bluetooth headset to a PC with two Bluetooth adapters?: Hello, I recently purchased a Bluetooth extender because the Bluetooth my custom PC provides doesn't have a good reach. I can't go more than 3 feet away from my PC without my Bluetooth headset dropping out. Sony XM4sThe extender I purchased provided me with a Realtek...
  9. Why is my bluetooth device connected, but not pairing with my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my bluetooth device connected, but not pairing with my PC?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/watwaztat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8hy2m/why_is_my_bluetooth_device_connected_but_not/
  10. Bluetooth - No device pairing with my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth - No device pairing with my PC: So, this problem came from nowhere a few days ago, when I wanted to connect a device to my PC via Bluetooth, and for some reason it just didn't work. No matter what I did. I've literally tried everything, reinstalling drivers, updating drivers, I've read your "Fix Bluetooth...