Windows 10: how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?

Discus and support how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?When I attempt to upload any files to my 1TB laptop, the files are 'claimed' by 'drive' that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by C Ver, Apr 22, 2024.

1. C Ver Win User

how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?

How do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?When I attempt to upload any files to my 1TB laptop, the files are 'claimed' by 'drive' that tells me it is full and wants me to buy more space'., But I have a 1TB laptop and don't need space.I tried to upload to 'Documents' not to 'drive', please can anyone tell me how to stop 'drive' from claiming my files?I am 76 and trying to save some photo files. I wasn't brought up with computers so I don't know what to do.

:)

C Ver, Apr 22, 2024

2. How to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive?

I use the external drive
    for File History and have a lot of information there. I want to restart the File History process on a new drive and place the previous File History drive off-site.

Please suggest the steps to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive.

CindyRomero, Apr 22, 2024
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Apr 22, 2024
  4. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

1. how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'? - Similar Threads - stop personal files

2. how do i stop only my game files being stored in onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop only my game files being stored in onedrive?: Hi, my OS - Windows11 pro.I wanted to free up my OneDrive space , i dont know why but all my game's save files and other files which should be in my local physical drive, also getting stored automacally in one drive. how do i stop only my game files being stored in onedrive...
  3. how do i stop only my game files being stored in onedrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i stop only my game files being stored in onedrive?: Hi, my OS - Windows11 pro.I wanted to free up my OneDrive space , i dont know why but all my game's save files and other files which should be in my local physical drive, also getting stored automacally in one drive. how do i stop only my game files being stored in onedrive...
  4. how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?: How do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?When I attempt to upload any files to my 1TB laptop, the files are 'claimed' by 'drive' that tells me it is full and wants me to buy more space'., But I have a 1TB laptop and don't need space.I tried to upload to...
  5. how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?

how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?: How do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?When I attempt to upload any files to my 1TB laptop, the files are 'claimed' by 'drive' that tells me it is full and wants me to buy more space'., But I have a 1TB laptop and don't need space.I tried to upload to...
  6. How do I stop/unlink my C drive Documents and Settings/user files & folders from being a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop/unlink my C drive Documents and Settings/user files & folders from being a...: I'm trying to recycle an old hard drive in my system - it used to be my C drive, but I bought a SSD and made that my C drive. When I installed Windows 10 on the new SSD, I copied my Documents and Settings/user folder from my old hard drive to my new SSD drive. Now, if I...
  7. How do I stop/unlink my C drive Documents and Settings/user files & folders from being a...

How do I stop/unlink my C drive Documents and Settings/user files & folders from being a...: I'm trying to recycle an old hard drive in my system - it used to be my C drive, but I bought a SSD and made that my C drive. When I installed Windows 10 on the new SSD, I copied my Documents and Settings/user folder from my old hard drive to my new SSD drive. Now, if I...
  8. How to stop my PERSONAL pc from being deployed to??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop my PERSONAL pc from being deployed to??: I had an extremely nosey X-roommate who window deploys onto my pc. I have read up on it and its exactly what is happening to my computer. How do I make it stop. FYI I have the proof of purchase receipt from Frys electronics that I purchased this computer and product key....
  9. HOW DO I GET MY PERSONAL FILES BACK?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW DO I GET MY PERSONAL FILES BACK?: I tried using 365 Education for my tutoring business, and it did not serve my needs. File Explorer hid or deleted my personal files and it installed the Education files which have no files on my computer. HOW DO I GET MY PERSONAL FILES BACK? I tried opening up a ticket...
  10. How do I access one drive personal files -

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I access one drive personal files -: I have recently lost a lot of important files and wonder if they are sitting somewhere in my personal folder - it is not showing up in my normal onedrive stuff......