Windows 10: How do I stop my son from getting around screen time?

Discus and support How do I stop my son from getting around screen time? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; He has figured out he can change his system time to get around my screen time limits. Is there any way to prevent this?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MichaelRosen, Apr 14, 2020.

1. How do I stop my son from getting around screen time?

He has figured out he can change his system time to get around my screen time limits. Is there any way to prevent this?

:)

MichaelRosen, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

W10 wiped my son's laptop

Hi Debbie,

It is possible that your son is unable to open his laptop while updating due to a corrupted or incomplete installation. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is your son, getting an error message when he tried to turn on his laptop?
    • When he tried to open his laptop, are you able to check if the power light stays on?
    • Are you seeing black screen/blank screen when you tried to turn on his laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps has your son done so far to resolve it?

Meanwhile, if you're seeing a blank screen/black screen, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 14, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Son setting the clock back to overcome screen time restrictions

Since you are running Windows 10 Pro, you can stop your son changing the time in Group Policy

Click HERE for a step by step guide on how to do this . . .

DaveM121, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Zaxx81 Win User

How do I stop my son from getting around screen time?

Microsoft Family Screen Time Stopped Working

Tried the steps and it still doesn't work. One son's account works and another son's account doesn't (screen time that is).

Zaxx81, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop my son from getting around screen time?

1. How do I stop my son from getting around screen time? - Similar Threads - stop son getting

2. My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety: Hello, I have family safety installed on my son's desktop with time the time limit schedule set up. But despite that I hear him using his desktop after the allowed time. He is not an administrator and he does not know my or my wife's password, so he's probably using his own...
  3. My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety: Hello, I have family safety installed on my son's desktop with time the time limit schedule set up. But despite that I hear him using his desktop after the allowed time. He is not an administrator and he does not know my or my wife's password, so he's probably using his own...
  4. My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I stop Excel files from moving around the screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Excel files from moving around the screen?: Hi - I am running Excel O365 version on a Dell Latitude 5520 but am encountering some real strange things. One of the most frustrating is that when I open a second or third Excel file they start packing down the screen which I understand but if one of them has e.g. Enable...
  6. How do I stop Excel files from moving around the screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Excel files from moving around the screen?: Hi - I am running Excel O365 version on a Dell Latitude 5520 but am encountering some real strange things. One of the most frustrating is that when I open a second or third Excel file they start packing down the screen which I understand but if one of them has e.g. Enable...
  7. how do i stop my screen from glitching?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i stop my screen from glitching?: My screen is glitching going from the usual screen to a black screen really quickly and my cursor is blurry/pixelized now. It's getting worse. I think it's a screen issue but I'm not sure and I don't know what to do....
  8. how do i stop my screen from glitching?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop my screen from glitching?: My screen is glitching going from the usual screen to a black screen really quickly and my cursor is blurry/pixelized now. It's getting worse. I think it's a screen issue but I'm not sure and I don't know what to do....
  9. How do i stop wkndows from getting maximized and forced to the top of the screen every time...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i stop wkndows from getting maximized and forced to the top of the screen every time...: So obnoxious submitted by /u/Whatevernameisnt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mg89id/how_do_i_stop_wkndows_from_getting_maximized_and/
  10. My child is getting around Screen Time limits

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My child is getting around Screen Time limits: A quick look on the internet describes several ways a child can disable parental control on-screen time. Such as going to Task Manager and deleting the "Family Control". This gives my child unlimited access to screen time... There is a YouTube tutorial on this method! If...