Windows 10: How do I stop my taskbar Items from opening themselves?

Discus and support How do I stop my taskbar Items from opening themselves? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I would use my computer for a short amount of time my taskbar would just randomly open an app. It never opened any sensitive documents, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JakobEtter, Jul 31, 2020.

1. How do I stop my taskbar Items from opening themselves?

Whenever I would use my computer for a short amount of time my taskbar would just randomly open an app. It never opened any sensitive documents, but recently it shut down my computer. I have run several full systems scans, and deep system scans on Norton and I have found nothing in the wrong. And it only opens one app and then the taskbar will work fine. It wasn't too big of a problem until it shut down my PC.

:)

JakobEtter, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Cliff S Win User

How do I remove items in the "Open With" list?

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but....

How do I stop my taskbar Items from opening themselves? [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jul 31, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Recently Opened Items Bugs on Taskbar

Hi, you might find this helpful:
    Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

or
    Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials
    from the Tutorial section
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index | Windows 10 Tutorials

dalchina, Jul 31, 2020
  4. How do I stop my taskbar Items from opening themselves?

How do I open calendar items?

Hi Shane

The new Edge has been completely rewritten with Chromium (the platform that Chrome has been built upon).

So I assume that the new Edge would be very similar to Chrome in most respects.

In Chrome, the way to do this would be to:
    1. Download the file (Save as)
    2. Click on the side button, just right of the file that has appeared on the download bar at the bottom
    3. Select "Always open files of this type"

I believe the new Edge would have an option similar to this.

ellellell1, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop my taskbar Items from opening themselves?

1. How do I stop my taskbar Items from opening themselves? - Similar Threads - stop taskbar Items

2. Newly installed Apps keep pinning themselves to the Taskbar, how do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newly installed Apps keep pinning themselves to the Taskbar, how do I stop this?: Whenever I install a new app or make a Chrome page shortcut it automatically pins to the taskbar, how can o stop this?and why even Chrome shortcuts are treated as Apps and showing as Apps under uninstall section in Control panel. It is getting very difficult to manage...
  3. Newly installed Apps keep pinning themselves to the Taskbar, how do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly installed Apps keep pinning themselves to the Taskbar, how do I stop this?: Whenever I install a new app or make a Chrome page shortcut it automatically pins to the taskbar, how can o stop this?and why even Chrome shortcuts are treated as Apps and showing as Apps under uninstall section in Control panel. It is getting very difficult to manage...
  4. How do a stop taskbar items/windows from sticking together?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do a stop taskbar items/windows from sticking together?: I have a problem that is driving me crazy and I can't figure out how to fix it. I work for a call center from home and my employer recently changed the way we open our workhub system that we use everyday. They moved it from IE to Google Chrome which isn't that big of a deal....
  5. How do a stop taskbar items/windows from sticking together?

How do a stop taskbar items/windows from sticking together?: I have a problem that is driving me crazy and I can't figure out how to fix it. I work for a call center from home and my employer recently changed the way we open our workhub system that we use everyday. They moved it from IE to Google Chrome which isn't that big of a deal....
  6. How do a stop taskbar items/windows from sticking together?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How Do I Stop Windows From Opening The Taskbar?

How Do I Stop Windows From Opening The Taskbar?: How Do I Stop Windows / Programs From Opening The Taskbar?My taskbar is set to auto hide, but if a program opens, the taskbar will pop up. I would like to disable this behavior anyway possible natively or by removing core services, I don't care.Added a picture to show how it...
  8. How Do I Stop Windows From Opening The Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Stop Windows From Opening The Taskbar?: How Do I Stop Windows / Programs From Opening The Taskbar?My taskbar is set to auto hide, but if a program opens, the taskbar will pop up. I would like to disable this behavior anyway possible natively or by removing core services, I don't care.Added a picture to show how it...
  9. How do I remove an item from the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove an item from the taskbar?: I don't see it in the taskbar settings. That's what came up when I right-clicked on what I don't want. There's too much junk at the bottom of my screen and the latest update added more....
  10. How do I stop Office Apps automatically PIN themselves to my Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Office Apps automatically PIN themselves to my Taskbar?: Our IT Department just upgraded us to Windows 10 and now, every time I log on, the Windows Office Apps automatically PIN themselves to my task bar. Every time I unpin them, the next logon, there they are. I have looked at Options (in Excel) and cannot find anything about...