Windows 10: How do I stop my touchpad driver from updating automatically?

Discus and support How do I stop my touchpad driver from updating automatically? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The latest driver seems to disable double-finger scrolling on my laptop and I have successfully re-installed the older version in the past only for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/reddituser112112, Jun 30, 2020.

1. How do I stop my touchpad driver from updating automatically?

The latest driver seems to disable double-finger scrolling on my laptop and I have successfully re-installed the older version in the past only for the newer version to overwrite the older and cause the scrolling problem all over again. Can't find any option on the search menu nor does Googling help.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/reddituser112112
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/reddituser112112, Jun 30, 2020
  2. evie Win User

how do I stop windows 10 1903 from updating synaptics mouse driver

I tried that as well. It wasn't in the list of things to hide. Only important updates were listed, no driver updates.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what my screen shot looks like now...

How do I stop my touchpad driver from updating automatically? [​IMG]

There is no way for me to install the new driver now

3. evie Win User
    how do I stop windows 10 1903 from updating synaptics mouse driver

I uninstalled the clickpad and my laptop restarted, now the clickpad is working and no way to make it stop. When I click on the clickpad in device manager, I just get an error saying it can't be found. I'll have to do a system restore, I don't know where to find the drivers to uninstall them or if that would make a difference. The updates that were are still paused. But now I'm back to just seeing a picture of the mouse with no way of turning off the clickpad.

4. How do I stop my touchpad driver from updating automatically?

touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop my touchpad driver from updating automatically?

1. How do I stop my touchpad driver from updating automatically? - Similar Threads - stop touchpad driver

2. How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers: Hello,System information:HP Envy 15m-dr1012dx, with user upgrade to 24 gb of ramWindows 10 22H2 with the most recent April patch.Bitlocker is turned on.specs:10510u with integrated graphics, touch screen, 1080p 60hz, 512 GB of storage with 32 GB of optane, and 24 GB ddr4 @...
  3. How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers: Hello,System information:HP Envy 15m-dr1012dx, with user upgrade to 24 gb of ramWindows 10 22H2 with the most recent April patch.Bitlocker is turned on.specs:10510u with integrated graphics, touch screen, 1080p 60hz, 512 GB of storage with 32 GB of optane, and 24 GB ddr4 @...
  4. How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do i stop the automatic updates of edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop the automatic updates of edge: Listen up Microsoft. " I DONT WANT EDGE ON MY COMPUTER" I am so pissed off with EDGE continually updating on my computer. I DONT WANT IT. Every week it automatically updates on my computer and makes itself the default browser. When i revert back to my Google Chrome I loose...
  6. How do i stop the automatic updates of edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i stop the automatic updates of edge: Listen up Microsoft. " I DONT WANT EDGE ON MY COMPUTER" I am so pissed off with EDGE continually updating on my computer. I DONT WANT IT. Every week it automatically updates on my computer and makes itself the default browser. When i revert back to my Google Chrome I loose...
  7. How do I stop automatically delivered driver updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop automatically delivered driver updates?: Since I need Vulkan support in a game I'm trying to run, and the OEM CPU driver for my laptop makes it impossible to use it, I've removed it and installed the newest drivers for my CPU from the AMD website, which work wonderfully. Now here comes the problem. After this...
  8. How do I stop unrequired Synaptics touchpad driver reloading?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I stop unrequired Synaptics touchpad driver reloading?: Hello, my Lenovo 330S Win10 laptop occasionally misinterprets a right click for a left click so I decided to reload the driver. In Device Manager the Touchpad is listed under HID - compliant touchpad (no driver files are required or have been loaded for this device) before...
  9. How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver: Hey guys I am new to Windows 10 Pro and I am having an issue with my Touchpad driver, it seems to want to mess up and not move to where I need it to go, so I uninstalled it from the Programs and Features menu, but my issue is it keeps popping back up in Windows Update and...
  10. How do I stop automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I stop automatic updates?: Hi everyone, I hate Windows 10 because it updates without my consent and slows my computer down a lot. I'd like to be notified that new updates are available and give my OK to download and install them. Can anyone help me please? 10707