Windows 10: How do I stop my Windows 10 PC 64bit mouse scroll wheel from going back in browser history?...

Discus and support How do I stop my Windows 10 PC 64bit mouse scroll wheel from going back in browser history?... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've updated and, YET AGAIN, the mouse scroll wheel has decided it wants to go back and forward in the browser history instead of up and down the page.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveEmsley, Sep 17, 2019.

1. How do I stop my Windows 10 PC 64bit mouse scroll wheel from going back in browser history?...

I've updated and, YET AGAIN, the mouse scroll wheel has decided it wants to go back and forward in the browser history instead of up and down the page.

WHAT IS GOING ON MICROSOFT? EVERY TIME I UPGRADE!!!

PLEASE let me know how I can stop this happening?

Cheers

Dave

:)

DaveEmsley, Sep 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Sep 17, 2019
  3. My scroll-wheel is going haywire

When I try to scroll my mouse-wheel down-wards, it has an almost systematic way of bugging out on me. First it scrolls the amount you'd expect, then it scrolls down and up the same distance, then it scrolls back up once, then it scrolls 3 down, then 1-2 up etc etc. If I try to scroll up, it almost always scrolls down the same distance.

From time to time the scroll-wheel will freeze on a window, and stop scrolling there forever, I can however bring the mouse to a different window and scroll just fine. If I click the middle-mouse-button I can scroll using the drag-able scroller for some time, until that freezes (it does not bounce around though) and then I can go back to scrolling with the scroll-wheel. To get to the bottom of a page, sometimes I have to switch between these two modes of scrolling multiple times.

The issue occours everywhere: In games, in any browser I have tested, in Windows Settings and anywhere you would expect to scroll, really. The issue started happening about 1 year and 3 months after building the PC.

Things I have tried:

• Cleaning the mouse
    • Reinstalling drivers
    • Reinstalling Windows 10
    • Hooking up a different mouse (I use a Razer Naga, I hooked a Dell Office mouse up to it, same result)
    • Using the mouse on an office (Dell) PC, no issues
    • Running the PC in safe-boot, same issue
    • Checking for conflicting software, didn't seem to have any neither before or after reinstallation
    • Using a different USB-port

Specs:

• Windows 10
    • Razer Naga Epic Chroma (and Dell mouse)
    • custom-made pc (if a detailed list of hardware would help, one will be given to the best of my memory)

I hope someone has experienced the same and/or knows of ways to fix it. Please let me know if there is any information that will help solving this.

Troels M. B. Jensen, Sep 17, 2019
  4. How do I stop my Windows 10 PC 64bit mouse scroll wheel from going back in browser history?...

mouse wheel issues

I am using an HP wireless mouse/keyboard. The mouse wheel operation has become an issue and is inconsistant. I can open one tab in a browser and after a few moves around the page and at some point the scrolling gets locked and it can't be unlocked and you
    need to do page up/down to see more of the page. If I open a new page in the browser the wheel scrolls fine.

It is not the mouse as I have tried a Microsoft Mouse and a Logitech mouse with exactly the same results and I have tried various usb ports for the wireless dongles. And the mouse works fine on other machines.

I'm using Windows 10 pro 64bit and have tested the mouse setup as best as it allows. Any suggestions welcome.

ChrisMcNicol, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

How do I stop my Windows 10 PC 64bit mouse scroll wheel from going back in browser history?...

1. How do I stop my Windows 10 PC 64bit mouse scroll wheel from going back in browser history?... - Similar Threads - stop 64bit mouse

2. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  3. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  4. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The scroll wheel on my mouse.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The scroll wheel on my mouse.: Whenever I try to use my scroll wheel it changes my CPI I think because in the top left the amount I think its called will increase or decrease but the scroll wheel won't work on anything else. What do I do to fix this?...
  6. Mouse Scroll Wheel stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel stopped working: Hi I could really use some help with my mouse. I have a Samurai Black 3600 Optical Gaming Mouse. I've had it since June of 2019, and it's worked perfectly fine up until yesterday. I don't know why but the scroll wheel just stopped working. If I leave it alone long enough, it...
  7. Mouse wheel scrolls too fast in browser

Mouse wheel scrolls too fast in browser: Hope someone can help this is very frustrating. I recently updated from Win 8 to Win 10 and I think (but not 100% sure) that it was at this time that I started getting the problem. When browsing and using the mouse wheel to scroll it scrolls much too quickly. One click of...
  8. Stop Mouse Scrolling in Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Mouse Scrolling in Browser: Hi, I have just decided to move from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Pro. When I am using my browser (most of the time I am using Edge) when I use my scroller on my wireless mouse it moves my browser page back … How can I stop this happening? Thanks 117661
  9. Stop Mouse Scrolling in Browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Mouse Scrolling in Browser: Hi, I have just decided to move from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Pro. When I am using my browser (most of the time I am using Edge) when I use my scroller on my wireless mouse it moves my browser page back … How can I stop this happening? Thanks 117661
  10. Mouse scroll wheel

Mouse scroll wheel: Mouse scroll wheel now scrolls sound volume instead of document pages. How do I get it back to normal; why did it happen inadvertently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mouse-scroll-wheel/848db64a-5a4b-472f-8216-c3950b05e79e