Windows 10: How do I stop newly opened folders on my desktop rapidly disappearing behind an already...

Discus and support How do I stop newly opened folders on my desktop rapidly disappearing behind an already... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I have Windows 11. Each time I open a folder by double clicking on it, it rapidly a few seconds disappears behind the already open folder on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kevinzzzx, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Kevinzzzx Win User

How do I stop newly opened folders on my desktop rapidly disappearing behind an already...

Hi I have Windows 11. Each time I open a folder by double clicking on it, it rapidly a few seconds disappears behind the already open folder on my desktop. This is extremely irritating as I have to minimise the open document / folder before I can see the newly opened folder behind.Many thanks for your help.Kevin

:)

Kevinzzzx, Jul 10, 2024
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

How do I stop newly opened folders on my desktop rapidly disappearing behind an already... upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Jul 10, 2024
  3. ss2020 Win User
    Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, Jul 10, 2024
  4. How do I stop newly opened folders on my desktop rapidly disappearing behind an already...

How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to stop sharing folder for windows 10.

I cannot find Stop Sharing option on step 5.

Use these steps to stop sharing any folder on Windows 10:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
    3. Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
    4. Click the Shares item.
    5. Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
    Furthermore, ADMIN$ is found to be Remote Admin under computer management.

There is no option to stop it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop sharing and remote?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

How to stop sharing network folder on Windows 10 - Pureinfotech

PublicMicro, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

How do I stop newly opened folders on my desktop rapidly disappearing behind an already...

1. How do I stop newly opened folders on my desktop rapidly disappearing behind an already... - Similar Threads - stop newly opened

2. How do I stop newly opened folders on my desktop rapidly disappearing behind an already...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop newly opened folders on my desktop rapidly disappearing behind an already...: Hi I have Windows 11. Each time I open a folder by double clicking on it, it rapidly a few seconds disappears behind the already open folder on my desktop. This is extremely irritating as I have to minimise the open document / folder before I can see the newly opened folder...
  3. Folder Disappeared on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Disappeared on Desktop: Hello,I was putting some files into a folder on my desktop. Then, when I wanted to open that folder on desktop, it disappeared. I've tried to add a new file to another folder that I have created using an app and I got an error message, which I can't remember what that was at...
  4. Folder Disappeared on Desktop

Folder Disappeared on Desktop: Hello,I was putting some files into a folder on my desktop. Then, when I wanted to open that folder on desktop, it disappeared. I've tried to add a new file to another folder that I have created using an app and I got an error message, which I can't remember what that was at...
  5. How do I stop OneDrive syncing a folder it says contains my Desktop Folder but doesn't?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop OneDrive syncing a folder it says contains my Desktop Folder but doesn't?: I'm trying to stop OneDrive sync on a folder on my desktop. Whenever I try to do this, I get a message saying, "The folder you tried to unselect contains the Windows Desktop folder, which is an important folder in Windows and currently points towards OneDrive." I have checked...
  6. folder disappeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder disappeared on my desktop: a folder with photographs disappeared on my notbook computer. need to recover folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-disappeared-on-my-desktop/122af06d-6a92-4454-b1b8-23364399c368
  7. folder disappeared on my desktop

folder disappeared on my desktop: a folder with photographs disappeared on my notbook computer. need to recover folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-disappeared-on-my-desktop/122af06d-6a92-4454-b1b8-23364399c368
  8. How to open up my already saved files and folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open up my already saved files and folders: How to open up my already saved files and folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-up-my-already-saved-files-and-folders/38c7ccbe-bd8b-42da-9cc7-f25d4f3d4f90
  9. How to open up my already saved files and folders

How to open up my already saved files and folders: How to open up my already saved files and folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-up-my-already-saved-files-and-folders/38c7ccbe-bd8b-42da-9cc7-f25d4f3d4f90
  10. Newly Opened Windows Appear BEHIND Currently Opened Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Newly Opened Windows Appear BEHIND Currently Opened Window: This just began happening a week or two ago (today is 7-7-2019) from what I can tell. It occurs no matter what kind of window is currently opened nor which kind of window I then open to view. I have to minimize my window and go find the window I've just opened. Would...