Windows 10: how do I STOP photos from importing ALL my photos

Discus and support how do I STOP photos from importing ALL my photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I STOP photos from importing ALL my photos I am new to PHOTOS and find it the most unusable APP ever produced. When I work on a video project it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dstbal, Jul 2, 2021.

1. dstbal Win User

how do I STOP photos from importing ALL my photos

how do I STOP photos from importing ALL my photos I am new to PHOTOS and find it the most unusable APP ever produced. When I work on a video project it is a one time deal and I do not want it stored on my PC. I work on a project on a usb stick from start to finish then store the stick in a file drawer. With thousands of pictures involved there will be no room on my pc for operating programs, and changing the file format prevents me from editing "MY" picture not Microsoft's! I want to be able to control what pictures I want in photos, I may have 20 versions of the same picture for several

:)

dstbal, Jul 2, 2021
  2. Ruz San Win User

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Jul 2, 2021
  3. importing photos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties as you are unable to import pictures from your iPhone to the PC using Photos app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)?
    • Which app/program are you using to import the photos?
    • Did you try different USB cable to connect the iPhone?
    • Does it happens on all the USB port on the PC?
    • Were you able to import photos before using Photos app on the PC?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps if you are using
    Photos app to import the pictures and check.

Step 1: Reset Photos App

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Photos app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced
      option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a
      tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2:
    Uninstall app using Power shell command

1. Press Windows + X key and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste this command, then press enter:
      Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
    3. Close the PowerShell command and restart the PC.
    4. Reinstall the Photos app from Microsoft Store and check.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 2, 2021
  4. Javo Win User

iPhone Photos import to Windows 10 PC not working

I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.

I want to use it the following way

1. connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
    2. open Microsoft "Photos" app
    3. click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
    4. select all photos and click import

4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.

• I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
    • I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
    • I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
    • Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
    • it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
    • iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.

Other attempts
    • I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
    • I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
      • I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.

Javo, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

1. how do I STOP photos from importing ALL my photos - Similar Threads - STOP photos importing

2. photos do not import from iphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos do not import from iphone: Photos do not import from iphone. I select photos then click on add the items. Nothing happens. I recently upgraded to Windows 11. Import worked fine on Windows 10....
  3. photos do not import from iphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos do not import from iphone: Photos do not import from iphone. I select photos then click on add the items. Nothing happens. I recently upgraded to Windows 11. Import worked fine on Windows 10....
  4. How can I import all of my photos again. I have imported all of my photos once but I need...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I import all of my photos again. I have imported all of my photos once but I need...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/danster__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0zve8/how_can_i_import_all_of_my_photos_again_i_have/
  5. Importing Photos from my camera

Importing Photos from my camera: When I import pictures from my camera the app always used to group them by date taken, ie Jan 2021, now it no longer puts them in a folder and they are scattered all over the place making it really hard to find the ones I need. What happened and how do I change it back?...
  6. How to stop my recently uploaded photos from appearing on my "Import items" on Photos on my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop my recently uploaded photos from appearing on my "Import items" on Photos on my...: I use Photos to upload my pictures from my phone onto my Windows 10 PC. But when it finds the new photos on the "Import items" window, it has the previous photos on there as well, and I don't want to reupload them every time on my PC. How do I stop my iPhone 11 from...
  7. how do i import my photos from my iphone

how do i import my photos from my iphone: how do i import my photos from iphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-import-my-photos-from-my-iphone/2417a474-2105-44f3-8bb6-1efad0dfabed
  8. Importing photos from phone into photos.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing photos from phone into photos.: Once connecting my Iphone with USB and selecting trust this computer on my phone, then import from phone on the photo app it says it cannot find any photos on the phone. The photos are definitely on the phone and not on the cloud as when I go into the folders it has the DCM1...
  9. importing photos from my Iphone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing photos from my Iphone: Good Afternoon Everyone!! I would appreciate any assistance.... How do I import photos from my iPhone to my laptop? I am getting a message stating that I need to access the import capability through the iPhone desktop app? I am lost!! Thank you in advance....
  10. How do I get Photo's app to find ALL my photos to import (using Windows 10)?

How do I get Photo's app to find ALL my photos to import (using Windows 10)?: Hi, I'm following the instructions to import from the Photo's app on windows 10 but when I click on 'import' it connects to 'apple iphone' and then only finds 2 photos however I have over 1000 photos on my phone and you can see them all in the Photo's app - so why can't it...